shape
carat
color
clarity

How to become a dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JABacchetta

Rough_Rock
How would you become eligible to buy diamonds and engagement rings wholesale?

For example if I wanted to start selling coast diamond designer rings, how would I go about being approved as a retailer?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask the vendor. Some ‘wholesalers’ will sell to anyone while others are fantastically picky. They can set whatever criteria they want for who they will work with. There's an army of people out there who call themselves wholesalers and who would love to talk to you. Google 'wholesale jewelry' and you'll get hundreds of thousands of them. The key to being successful as a jeweler mostly has to do with your ability to sell things, not your ability to buy them, and the key to a happy relationship with your suppliers is to move a lot of merchandise. Demonstrate your ability to do THAT and they'll be beating a path to your door.

In most states the only licensing requirement has to do with collecting sales tax and you get that license from your friendly local revenuers.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/10/2009 1:58:40 PM
Author:JABacchetta
How would you become eligible to buy diamonds and engagement rings wholesale?

For example if I wanted to start selling coast diamond designer rings, how would I go about being approved as a retailer?

Money talks, you don''t have to know what you''re doing to buy diamonds and jewelry wholesale - but it helps, especially if you intend to sell what you buy to recoup your investment (if you don''t know what you''re doing, you''ll get ripped hard). For the right price we''ll sell you a few high traffic diamond domains. For the right price, you can buy a few of our competitors too, in fact I''m sure I can get them ALL on a conference call in the next 10 minutes and you can buy the group if you''ve got bank. I''m pretty sure none of us are interested in carrying paper
2.gif

Okay, at the risk of ruining my reputation I''ll be more helpful... Get a business license, specify that you want to sell diamonds, gems, jewelry. Join a trade organization like JCK, get a directory of registered suppliers. Identify the suppliers who seem to have the product you want and contact them for an appointment, bring lots of money - not kidding. Buy lots of product because discounts are directly related to volume. Single units are not sold at "wholesale" but consumers can buy single units from "wholesalers" at "retail" prices. At some point in all of this you would have set up a store and/or a web presence... Sell product. Buy more product. Rinse & Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results