shape
carat
color
clarity

How much to pay for this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lachplar

Rough_Rock
Sorry, first time poster. Does anyone know what I would expect to pay for a ring that is:

color: e
clarity: si2
carat: 1.40
cut: ideal

I''m just starting to shop, and I''m trying to be sure I''m getting a decent price.

Thanks for any help!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Okay lachplar, you are missing 90% of the information that we would need to assess this diamond/ring. What you need is cut information like depth and table %s, pavillion and crown angles, and info on the girdle, symmetry and polish. Please do not think that the 4 C's are created equal. Cut is the most important, and by stating "ideal" we have no idea what that means. Who says that it is ideal? We don't even know what shape the diamond is.

Cut is the most important 'C' because it is what gives the diamond its sparkle and scintillation. Color and clarity, no matter how good, will not do this. Diamonds with an excellent cut look bigger, whiter, and more eye clean than diamonds with a lesser cut.

Please, please hang around here and do some research
34.gif

Start with the tutorials that can be found above under knowledge.
Buying a diamond is best done with an educated mind.
If you want, you can tell us your budget and what you are looking for in terms of size and quality. Then people will list diamonds that they recommend that fit your budet.

Good luck and welcome
35.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree with jazmine - we need more info. You can also use the search function above, which is useful for getting a price range for a similar diamond.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lab report? ask vendor for a sarin scan.

lachplar

Rough_Rock
Ok, I received a copy of the GIA report.

round brilliant
measurements: 7.24-7.31 x 4.48 mm
weight: 1.42 carat
depth: 61.6%
table: 53%
girdle: medium, faceted
Culet: none
polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
clarity: si2
color: e
fluorecence: medium blue

Thanks again for any help/advice/input!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crown and pavilion angles, please

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif

The diameter measurements could be tighter, the table is smaller than usual which might be ok, but the most important thing is the crown and pavillion angles. Is it important to have an E colour? You can go lower on colour in a GIA or AGS certed diamond and it will still look very white, just so you know your options. Regarding price you can use the search tool under Prices at the top of the page and compare similar. Make sure the grading labs are the same when comparing as well as colour and clarity and cut quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results