shape
carat
color
clarity

How much more should I "bug" a vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Last Wednesday, I called a vendor to get a quote on a ring I'm interested in; he promised to get back to me as soon as possible. On Monday of this week, I emailed him to check in, but never heard back. Yesterday I called again, and he admitted he had dropped the ball on getting the quote and said he would get back to me within the hour. He hasn't yet. I then realized that it's rush time for Valentine's Day, and he's probably really busy. I understand and appreciate this. However, I REALLY want this ring, or at least the quote, but I probably won't buy until the end of the month, depending on the price. Should I just wait a couple of weeks and try again, or should I call him back today? Like I said, I understand my order wouldn't be a priority order, but on the other hand, I'm dying to know the price so I can order already!

I guess I should wait patiently.
12.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
If he doesn''t call you back by the end of the day...go elsewhere. It takes them about 2 minutes to make a phone call and get back to you. You should never have to bug a vendor to give them your business!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
It''s true- I am practically throwing my money at him! I''m sure this is unusual service, b/c I know people personally and here on PS have had great customer service from this vendor.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, he should get back to you within the timeframe he allotted, and if he didn''t think he could make that timeframe he should have hedged it. Give him until the end of the day and then I''d just take my business elsewhere.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call one last time, prefacing the conversation with, "I''m calling about that quote for x ring that I was expecting yesterday..." and if you get any more delay, then go elsewhere.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call again and say that I am calling YET again after not hearing a response, and that if I don''t hear from him by the end of the day, unfortunately I will have to shop elsewhere.

Draw a line with chasing after vendors to throw money at them after you have reached your breaknig point....if you want something badly, make the full attempt within your means, but after a point it gets ridiculous because you feel like they don''t care and/or don''t want your business.

Good luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Figuring a quote for a ring isn''t as simple as giving a price for a loose diamond. And you are right that this is a busy week for the Vendors. But still, the rep should give you something. If he/she has customers that "HAVE to HAVE" whatever for Valentine''s, he/she should tell you that and ask if later this week/early next week will work for you. Promising to get back to you and not following up is not fair to you.

Give the rep one more try. Call him/her. Tell him/her that if he/she cannot work with you in a reasonable time frame you will take your business elsewhere.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results