shape
carat
color
clarity

How much is this secondhand FM selling for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.tic-tock.com/wingates/watch-detail/35480

My tai tai friend is trying to sell me this watch. I think she just has so many that she wants to get rid of some. She''s asking for USD13k. She says she paid USD50k for it. Somehow, I am skeptical (I do like it, but do not want to overpay - it is in very good condition, but it''s still secondhand nonetheless).

What do you guys think?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix!

She says she paid 50k USD for it, but on the link provided it says the retail/ replacement price is 20k...I don't know if FM watches are selling for that kind of money that she says she paid?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 8:43:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hi Phoenix!

She says she paid 50k USD for it, but on the link provided it says the retail/ replacement price is 20k...I don''t know if FM watches are selling for that kind of money that she says she paid?
Hi Lorelei
35.gif

Yeah, I know. I saw that too. I thought there was a possibility that that is the price for replacing that watch - based on its "new" secondhand value. There''s always the possibility that my friend is confused, since she''s got so many watches.

I think I need to pay my FM shop here a visit to check out their prices. Doesn''t really matter what she paid (or says she paid for it), I guess. What matters is whether her asking price is fair. I am sure there''s room for negotiation, he he
1.gif

Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 8:54:42 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 11/6/2008 8:43:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hi Phoenix!

She says she paid 50k USD for it, but on the link provided it says the retail/ replacement price is 20k...I don't know if FM watches are selling for that kind of money that she says she paid?
Hi Lorelei
35.gif

Yeah, I know. I saw that too. I thought there was a possibility that that is the price for replacing that watch - based on its 'new' secondhand value. There's always the possibility that my friend is confused, since she's got so many watches.

I think I need to pay my FM shop here a visit to check out their prices. Doesn't really matter what she paid (or says she paid for it), I guess. What matters is whether her asking price is fair. I am sure there's room for negotiation, he he
1.gif

Thanks.
I take it to mean that the 20k is for an unused watch in the linky...I think that is a good idea, check out your FM shop for prices then you will know what a fair offer is!
9.gif

Would you prefer a FM to a Rolex, JLC, Cartier or PP for example?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Is her watch platinum? That might account for a difference in price, but not 30K.

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO...no quartz watch on earth worth that kind of $$$''s.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 7:25:41 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
IMO...no quartz watch on earth worth that kind of $$$''s.
I agree 13,000 for a quartz is bad idea...FM is a well known watch in the trade to collectors...but its considered overpriced...do more research before buying...some FM watches cost over 50,000...but these have diamonds,gold or platinum and handmade movements....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much for your replies, Lorelei, canuk-gal, DF and Jewelerman.

I am glad I spoke to you guys, I think her asking price is far too high. I still haven''t made it to the FM shop yet. I am not sure what watch I''ll buy but I will think it through carefully and shop around first.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results