shape
carat
color
clarity

How much is my alexanderite worth

Hunnybunny

Rough_Rock
I have an old ring with a emerald cut alexanderite and two small diamonds. How can i find out how much it's worth?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s a genuine Alexandrite, depending on carat weight and strength of colour change, anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
Genuine Alexandrite turns from a green/ blue colour in natural light to a purple/ red colour in incandescent light. There are other varieties of chrysoberyl that colour change as well as sapphire, garnet and fluorite.
Synthetic Alexandrite - usually a big, flawless pink to purple/blue colour change gem has been around for nearly 100 years

Hunnybunny

Rough_Rock
If it’s a genuine Alexandrite, depending on carat weight and strength of colour change, anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
Genuine Alexandrite turns from a green/ blue colour in natural light to a purple/ red colour in incandescent light. There are other varieties of chrysoberyl that colour change as well as sapphire, garnet and fluorite.
Synthetic Alexandrite - usually a big, flawless pink to purple/blue colour change gem has been around for nearly 100 years

Hunnybunny

Rough_Rock
I have seen it green and purple in natural light,I've never looked at it under incandescent light. I don't know the carat weight, but looks to be about a carat.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post some pictures in both lights? Don't let kenny see, though :twirl:

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Send it to American Gem Labs or GIA first....then get it valued!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results