shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

How much for an imitation Ritani setting?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by michela002, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michela002
    Shiny_Rock

by michela002 » Feb 11, 2005
    Has anyone had an imitation of this Ritani setting made by another jeweller? If so, did it turn out okay (do you have pics) and more importantly, how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind my asking.) What would you guestimate it would cost to get someone to imitate this setting?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JC
    Shiny_Rock

by JC » Feb 11, 2005
    Indecisive,

Have you visited any of the websites of the online vendors listed right here on Pricescope? If not, then give a few a try. You may find very similar designs for exactly what your looking for. Good luck....

[​IMG]

3. pearcrazy
    Brilliant_Rock

4. Maxine
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maxine » Feb 11, 2005
    I love the ones on dirtcheapdiamonds!!! [​IMG]

5. michela002
    Shiny_Rock

by michela002 » Feb 11, 2005
    Thanks JC and Pearcrazy. I have looked around at other rings of very similar styles, but I''m so picky. I was more wondering if someone had taken a pic of that exact Ritani setting to a jeweller and had them imitate it and what that had cost, rather than getting something that still may be very similar. I''m still trying to make up my mind between something really very similar to the Ritani or just a Tiffany 6-prong setting, and knowing how much they cost (for an imitation - budget is strained and can''t afford the real thing) would help the decision making process.

6. Maxine
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maxine » Feb 11, 2005
    Dirtcheap diamonds has settings for every shape.....prices are listed.....some other companies make them as well....

7. Maxine
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maxine » Feb 11, 2005
    Good Old gold website has catalog of Ingwer settings....go to the pave pave, and they have similar settings.....

8. Maxine
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maxine » Feb 11, 2005
    Oops....go to page 51 of Ingwer settings on GOG website.....

9. starfire
    Shiny_Rock

by starfire » Feb 15, 2005
    I have been seeing quite a few posts about imitation or knock-offs from original designs here in this forum. It is a shame that people think nothing about making knock-offs and imitations, and talking about it openly.

I am not sure if Leonid endorses such behaviour, or if he will choose to ignore it in the name of open communication. But I think it is wrong to engage in such behaviour.

If you want to make a certain design, I think it will be better to buy the real thing, or buy another design altogether. If the budget is beyond you, then perhaps you might want to re-assess your design requirements.

There should be some integrity in this forum, both on the part of the retailer AS WELL AS the consumer.

Best regards,
    Stephen Tan
    Charlotte Atelier

"Stand for something, or fall for anything"

10. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Feb 15, 2005
    RE: knock offs/imitation moral and legal issues. It was discussed here:
    https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/poll-is-it-ethical-do-you-feel-comfortable-having-a-jeweler-recreate-a-ring-you-like-but-can-t-afford-easily-find-locally-t17408.html

See CaptAubrey post: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/poll-is-it-ethical-do-you-feel-comfortable-having-a-jeweler-recreate-a-ring-you-like-but-can-t-afford-easily-find-locally-t17408-30.html

11. appletini
    Ideal_Rock

by appletini » Feb 15, 2005
    My suggestion is if you like that Ritani ring exactly the way it is, then just buy the Ritani. Solomon''s and Pearlman''s have good prices for it and Bailey Banks & Biddle carry it too.

My guess is that a copy would be fairly close in price, but that also will vary depending on the quality of your pave diamonds.

If you want to make modifications to the ring, then you should have it custom made exactly to your taste.

p.s. this Ritani is one of my favorites!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.