shape
carat
color
clarity

How much does this ring cost??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of how much this ring costs??? Let''s assume the diamond has really nice specs...

briannering.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenga 019 I am just a consumer but the picture you have posted will not be enough information. Diamonds are priced differently depending upon cut, colour, clarity and carat weight, whether they are a branded make, bought in a jewellers or on the internet, overhead of the business mall stores are more pricey normally than individual jewellers and usually have poorer quality diamonds (you pay for the big posh store indirectly you see). Rings are priced differently depending upon whether they are a designer make or a generic make.

The picture you posted also cannot show the ring properly because it is probably magnified but we do not know by how much 10x, 20x, 30x as are the diamonds as well as the metal. Also is the ring 10 karat gold, 14 karat gold, 18 karat gold, 10/14/18 karat white gold (some jewellers charge more for this), platinum.?

An independent appraiser would be able to inspect you ring and tell you a fair market value but they will also cost you so you will need to balance that cost with the cost of your ring. As I said we do not know from the picture if the centre diamond is a tiny 10 points, a half carat or a carat diamond. If you already have the ring and know where it was purchased from and the cost they sell it at some of the experts or well read consumers may be able to tell you if they feel you overpaid or underpaid.

Also apart from the four c's of diamond grading, cut, color, clarity and carat weight, the c relating to cut is the hardest to qualify as it depends not upon whether it is a square stone or a round stone but upon the angles that each facet is cut to or whether the crown (top of the stone) for example has a 8% height or a 10% height and the depth percentage of the stone. These percentages are percentages of the diameter of the stone being measured. All the facets work like mirrors so their alignment to one another tell experts how well cut the stone will be. At the top of the page there is a tutorial will gives you information on all of this. You could also spend weeks reading posts on this board to give you an understanding of diamond buying if you are really that interested to find it out. Some people are some people just want to buy a diamond and get over it. It is like any other field some are into cars and exactly how the engine runs and other technical details others are into hi-fi systems and the people here are in a way 'obsessed' by diamonds.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.zales.com/catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=16205403&queryby=c&categoryId=4266&pageNum=3&sortType=rank_over+ASC%2c+rank+ASC&newFilter=0&parentSearchId=66260011&gnFlag=0

I think this is the link from Zales with the ring you posted giving you a high retail price.I would never by from mall stores now that I have found out what jewellery costs and that they can put a 300% overhead on the price thus making tons of profit.

I have just thought that maybe you have seen the above link and are wondering what a 2 carat total weight good quality diamond in this style would cost. If you look up the links above at the top of the page you should be able to put in different qualities of stone specs and see what price you come up with. Remember the picture at Zales says 2 carat total weight so the centre stone is not 2 carat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results