shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you pay for grocery delivery?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:confused::confused::confused:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$12.75 plus tip.

I shop in person now, too many mistakes and/or missing things.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it $12.75 regardless of how much you buy?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Over $200 = $9 + $1 paper bag fee - we do that every fortnight

Not sure of the price under $200 ?- but $11 is ringing a bell ?

If we brought a delivery saver its 'free' delivery over $80 but we'd have to go to a weekly shop to be better off
Screenshot_20210127-160359.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it $12.75 regardless of how much you buy?

Honestly I’m not sure, I’ve only ordered online twice but I believe it was the same delivery charge both times. Maybe it goes by mileage we are the next town over from the store.

I would have less of an issue with the delivery fee if they delivered the right items AND if they didn’t forget items. Doesn’t make much sense to pay for delivery when you have to go to the store for missing items.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly I’m not sure, I’ve only ordered online twice but I believe it was the same delivery charge both times. Maybe it goes by mileage we are the next town over from the store.

I would have less of an issue with the delivery fee if they delivered the right items AND if they didn’t forget items. Doesn’t make much sense to pay for delivery when you have to go to the store for missing items.

Ive had a few weird things happen like the time they did. O substitutes on the meat and on the cat food
I have to ask for the cat food to not be packed with soap and the like
I ask for my single red chillie to be tucked inside the bag of tomatoes
Ww have a wee space after each item where we can put shoper notes like half ripe bananas or if OOS please sub w/ bacon

Most of the time i think who ever does the picking does a great job
Gary's daughter shopped at another brand and got no substitutes so she only got half her order

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Costco uses Instacart and the shoppers have been great. Excellent communication via text, and if there's something I want that isn't on costco's site, I just text a picture and they will try to look for it. When something isn't in stock, they offer replacements and wait for me to approve or cancel. Costco doesn't charge for delivery, but items do cost more than if you were to go in person. Worth it to me. We tip 15-20%, depending on how heavy the items are. I tipped my last shopper an extra $10 because he saw clorox wipes and grabbed it.:lol:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I use Instacart. One time they accidentally left the receipt in the delivery. After the fees and tip, it ends up being about 50% more than what it would have cost if I went to the store. Worth it for me from a time savings and COVID safety perspective.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I use Instacart too. Given the current situation, I paid for the year up front. I noticed there is roughly a 10% mark up on items vs in store, plus one should tip.
Since Aldi is available to me via Instacart, the overall grocery bills are still quite reasonable but definitely more than shopping myself.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I used to order delivery from BJ's Instacart, the delivery fee was $14.99 to which I added a 20% tip. Our orders were infrequent and large so the tip was generally $65-85.

Many stores allow you to order online and pick up curbside-- you pop the trunk and they put your order in. No delivery fee. Might that work for you?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Many stores allow you to order online and pick up curbside-- you pop the trunk and they put your order in. No delivery fee. Might that work for you?

Thanks but I'm not considering getting groceries delivered.
I'm just curious what people around the world pay.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delivery -$10 plus 3% for same day, $5 plus 3% for next day (plus tip)

Curbside -$5 plus 3% for same day, 3% for next day (no tipping allowed)

It is a lot better to use curbside due to the tip.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don't tip in NZ
Countdown have a contactless option otherwise they come to the doorstep with the grocery bags in big baskets and you unpack as he brings the next tray
I only went contactness once when i had the vertigo and he unloaded it all into the porch
He did offer to bring it inside but i know they are way too busy

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing, included in the price if you spend over £40 with my supermarket. We only tip at holidays, like Christmas and Easter, the delivery guys are not supposed to accept.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It varies from free to £7 where I shop, depending on the day and time slot you want for delivery. The policy is no tipping, the same as Snowdrop, and that’s not a Covid handling cash restriction, it’s always been the case.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Free, I only have to spend 35 GBP for delivery to be free, and only 2GBP if it’s less than 35 GBP.

Free for fruit and veg if ordering 20 GBP worth or over.

Free for my meat deliveries over 40 GBP (And that’s all the way from Scotland).

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
£1.20 GBP per order. (We buy the annual delivery pass and have the shopping delivered at the same time each week, have done so for 18-20 years now). No tips allowed.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checked the supermarket that I normally go to for my weekly big shop:

2.50 GBP is the cheapest for weekdays late at night between 22:00 and 23:00;

6.50 GBP is the dearest for mid-morning on Saturdays and Sundays.

I don't know if it would be free if I spend over a certain amount or not.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We tip at least 20% to 25% depending. Sometimes more. For a small order I might give as much as the order cost in tip. And there's generally a service charge that's a few dollars IIRC.

We rarely order groceries though as I much prefer choosing them myself (produce) but there have been a few times we did order through Instacart or Shipt.

I believe online items (through Instacart for example) are more expensive if you order online vs in the store so that is the cost of delivery so to speak.

We tip generously always but especially now during the pandemic. They are risking their safety to deliver to us and we appreciate that and show it. Actions speak volumes.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I pay $99 for Instacart annual subscription so delivery for orders over $35 is free. Prices are about 10% higher, and of course add 20% tip. We get deliveries 1-2X per week from various stores. If you are in a major metropolitan area you will have a big selection of stores.
We also have used Amazon Fresh.

Most of our local grocery stores (discount and specialty) are offering free online ordering if you pick up at the store. Same prices as in store so your only cost is the tip. We do this once every 1-2 weeks, depending on what we are cooking. Just pull up and they drop it in your trunk or hatch---no contact. We leave the tip back where they are putting the groceries so we can maintain distance.
We figure paying the higher costs is something we can afford. Not only is it safer for us but we are helping people stay employed and hopefully keeping their heads above water.

So if you use any delivery service for groceries or restaurant meals---tip generously!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We pay $19 a month for the Mercato city plan - delivery for any purchase over $35 is free. A number of small and specialty grocers in our area use Mercato, so it opens up a lot of options for us. They also send out coupons pretty regularly (either $10 or $15 off a $75 purchase), which helps with the cost as well.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Instacart at Aldis- and Costco 3.99 service fee -++-approx 3% for cost of total order- both for 10.00 . The food costs are higher for delivery than if you buy in store. Then the tip. I tip 15%. I figured once it costs me about $40.00 more to get delivery rom Aldis. Its an emergency, so I think its worth it.

Local grocery store --10.00- no tip. Food costs more for delivery

One store, Caputos, I am very annoyed with. They way over charge for the food they deliver. But no tip.

The no tip stores mean it. The shoppers won't take it.

I love this service.

Annette

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We tip at least 20% to 25% depending. Sometimes more. For a small order I might give as much as the order cost in tip. And there's generally a service charge that's a few dollars IIRC.

We rarely order groceries though as I much prefer choosing them myself (produce) but there have been a few times we did order through Instacart or Shipt.

I believe online items (through Instacart for example) are more expensive if you order online vs in the store so that is the cost of delivery so to speak.

We tip generously always but especially now during the pandemic. They are risking their safety to deliver to us and we appreciate that and show it. Actions speak volumes.

I gotta admit im kinda shocked that its more exspensive for the actual individual items on top of the delivery
Last time i went in to get a click and collect (which is free for orders $50 and over) the lady said it was the fasted growing part of their bussiness
And they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't profitable

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , Can I deliver groceries to your house? :bigsmile:

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in California. I use Amazon Fresh— which is free delivery if you order $50. You do not have to tip, but I always do because they do a really nice job. They pack everything nicely and leave it on the doorstep and then text me that it is here. I use Amazon Fresh about 35% of the time and go to the store myself about 65% of the time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The great thing with delivery is it arrives at my door straight out of a refrigerated truck with a freezer part

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , Can I deliver groceries to your house? :bigsmile:

Sure you can but you will have to leave the groceries on the doorstep OK? And also your Octavia. But I promise I will tip you very generously. Deal? :halo:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure you can but you will have to leave the groceries on the doorstep OK? And also your Octavia. But I promise I will tip you very generously. Deal? :halo:
Then you need to ask Kenny to deliver your groceries b/c I don't own an Octavia anymore.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results