shape
carat
color
clarity

how mean!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
so FF and i just got back from a walk in the (detroit)riverside park by my apt. as we were crossing this old stone bridge that i just love i told him that that was my favorite spot in all the city (the sun was setting, reflecting on the water, the trees were starting to turn, it is just so pretty) and he's like "oh yeah? what if I had something for you?" and stopped where he was and turned to me and reached for his pocket. i got uncomfortable/smiley, because even though he was saying those things i knew that he wasn't actually going to do it..... of course he punches me in the shoulder and goes "yeah right!" and we keep walking. a few minutes later he tells me it looked like i was started to get excited and i tell him that i knew he was kidding and he's like "well what i if i really am ready? what if your parents have known for a long time?" and keeps touching his pocket. i tell him that i know he just likes messing with me because he thinks it's funny that i am so anxious for it to happen. and all this after just last nite i told him i was having a little bit of a down day because of it! he's so mean!

he's a good natured guy so i don't want anyone to think he's being cruel, but it makes me think that maybe it might happen sooner than later? as in, maybe he has picked out the center stone and it is ready and maybe he even has it in his possession? but maybe not! (this is the guy who told me that it would be ready in the beginning of august when he hadn't even found a stone yet, just to "keep me on my toes") either way, i know he's really enjoying watching me squirm.....
6.gif

oh, and to top it all off HE even suggested that we go to his sisters bar later....the one that i posted about in the dream proposal thread (usually i have to do some serious convincing to go)! AND i had the day off so i gave myself a manicure (no money for the real thing!), hoping it would have a little of that magic in it. it's like the universe is telling me it's time to get engaged but apparently neglected to let my FF in on it.
40.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad you mentioned he's a nice guy normally because I was about to say you shoulda socked him in the face!
3.gif
I'd still say it's inappropriate for him to turn the proposal into a joke, but your posts have made it seem like you guys are really sincere with each other. Either way though, WHAT a downer! Ugh.

He soo better make the real thing worth it!
2.gif

yarrmatey

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 7:54:00 PM
Author: news_girl
I''m glad you mentioned he''s a nice guy normally because I was about to say you shoulda socked him in the face!
3.gif
I''d still say it''s inappropriate for him to turn the proposal into a joke, but your posts have made it seem like you guys are really sincere with each other. Either way though, WHAT a downer! Ugh.

He soo better make the real thing worth it!
2.gif

I agree - I mean, my BF and I joke around together a lot, but this just seems cruel. I would be really upset with him if I were you. Him joking around about it like that just takes the "special" away.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
haha if he had caught me on a bad day there's a chance i might have been put off by it, but the way he did it and the mood i was in, there was just no way i could be mad at him for it. i'm sure he wouldn't have done it if he thought i would have been pissed (he's pretty awesome at reading me). he's the least mean spirited person i know. and i don't really see it as making it less special....if anything it's given me an idea of what an intense moment it is going to be!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love to be teased, my DH teased me about getting engaged from the time we decided we wanted to be married until he proposed, I thought it quite funny. Good for you for being so lighthearted, you know he loves you, you know you love him, you know you''re on the same page regarding marriage and that is what really matters. Have fun at his sisters'' bar!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mimzy, I do agree with you that it was somewhat "mean" of him to tease you like that, but from an outsider''s POV it sounds like he is doing his best to build some anticipation since you both know that a proposal is on the horizon. Not sure how I would''ve reacted in your situation, but I most likely would not have been very happy about the whole thing...I say just give it more time and know that he''s got proposing on the brain obviously and that it will happen soon enough, but this was his (sort of jack-a$$) way of attempting to build excitement. Fingers and all mental crossable parts crossed for ya!!!
36.gif
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably would have taken it in good humour too! D messes around a lot like that and I think it''s funny. If he had caught me on a bad day too he probably would have regretted it though
3.gif
It definitely sounds like it will happen soon though if he''s messing about it!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
LOL that sounds kinda mean but really funny at the same time. I would have taken in good humor as well and I think its cool that you did. Good luck - hope it happens soon for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results