shape
carat
color
clarity

How many registries?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
how many different registeries do you all have? is three too many?

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I don't think three is too many.

We registered at Dillards (department store), Target (for the more budget conscious gifts), and Bed, Bath, & Beyond (kind of a nice mix- plus they do not have Dillards where out of town guests are).

Also, fiance registered at Home Depot for his tool shower (I threw a couple of items on there too).

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
We have two (tentatively) for our June 2007 wedding, but I''m pretty sure we''ll add one more. We have Crate & Barrel for most stuff, Pottery Barn for our china, but neither of those has silverware, pots and pans, or towels that we love, so we''re thinking we might add Macy''s or something too....so no, I don''t think 3 is too many!
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 4:06:22 PM
Author: albicocca
We have two (tentatively) for our June 2007 wedding, but I'm pretty sure we'll add one more. We have Crate & Barrel for most stuff, Pottery Barn for our china, but neither of those has silverware, pots and pans, or towels that we love, so we're thinking we might add Macy's or something too....so no, I don't think 3 is too many!
1.gif
Have you already started registering? Should I (May 2007)? Oooh.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 4:09:01 PM
Author: EBree

Have you already started registering? Should I (May 2007)? Oooh.

Hehe, I don''t think you need to, I''m just going in the order of things which I find most fun to do for my wedding planning! So far I have: (1) bought wedding ring, (2) registered, (3) bought wedding dress. Actual hard core stressful planning? None of that yet!
4.gif
I think the official thing is that if you''re having a formal engagement party you should register in time for that, but otherwise just register a few weeks before your shower? I''m pretty sure I read that somewhere....

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ky6 -- you have to tell me just what exactly a tool shower is. my fiancee is all about registering at home depot, but i''ve never heard of a tool shower

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I suppose it is the guy''s answer to the lingerie/personal shower for the girl. Honestly I had never heard of one until I met FI. He threw one for his brother (actually mailed out cute little invitations on sandpaper). So now his brother is returning the favor by throwing him one. I have actually heard of other people doing them since (FI has been to a couple). I really have never asked what they do at them (other than drink beer and give tools to the groom). FI told his brother to send an invitation to me for my scrapbook, so when I get it I will post a copy of what it says.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think 3 is too many. I have 2, one at Bed Bath and Beyond and one at JC Penny''s.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I have 3- we registered at Crate and Barrell, Fortunoff, and Pottery Barn...and I may just add Bloomingdales to the list.
emwink.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
is a personal shower different from the shower i''m thinking of -- 1) family; and 2) friends

i was just expecting a single shower...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Never heard of a personal shower...

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Where I am, the personal shower is just a polite way of saying lingerie shower. I had a lingerie shower (limited it to friends and younger family). It was a small and intimate affair. I have known girls who have combined the lingerie shower with their bachelorette party. FI is also doing a small tool shower.

Then we also being given a couples shower. We did not have an engagement party so we are very excited about this. One of my Bridesmaid''s is throwing this for us and she is a lot of fun and seems to be making some great plans
emteeth.gif
. She is going to do a fiesta since it is scheduled for the day after Cinco de Mayo.

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, now I''m feeling really silly. I have six. I have family all over the country, so I guess I was trying to register at places that will work for everyone.

I agree that three is definately not too many. I actually have 5! (Macy''s, Sur La Table, Gaiam, REI, Amazon.com) I wouldn''t have so many if they weren''t accessible from one place. Idofoundation.org (This is my I Do Foundation plug). It is a great website where you link your registries (they have a bunch of common registry stores listed) and for every gift that is purchased online from those stores a certain percentage is donated to the charities of your choice! I recommend checking it out. It costs nothing to you or your guest but the donation goes where ever you would like. It''s a good thing to do when all you are thinking about for your wedding is me, me, me. It''s nice to be able to give, and to do it so easily! You can also have a charity registry instead of gifts (a good choice for people who don''t need the normal registry stuff). I am also going to donate through that website for my guest favors. I think it is much more meaningful than giving everyone some candy they will throw out (not that candy is ever a bad idea, mmm.) Ok that is enough of my plug :) Have fun picking all your goodies!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had 3 registries - Macy's, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Pottery Barn. Liked to give people some options.

I don't think you actually can register for your wedding more than 4-6 months in advance. Actually, probably closer to 4 - I think 6 is too far out for some stores. Merchandise changes, etc and I recall inquiring ahead of time only to be told to come back closer to the wedding.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
EBree-Have you already started registering? Should I (May 2007)? Oooh.

No it is WAY too early. Things you register for now (most) will not still be there in April when people buy your wedding gifts.

I registred at BB&B and C&B. I had SUCH a hard time finding bedding I liked (I am really picky) finally I found bedding I loved at pottery barn so I started a small registry there and a week later the quilt was on sale and leaving (even though it was new) a week after that the duvet/shams was leaving !?!
32.gif
I was so pissed. I don't think it is wrong for stores to change their items but that is TOO soon! I ended up buying half of it myself just because I knew how upset I would be if I missed my chance. One of my grandma's bought the duvet/shams. It was really stressful
15.gif
38.gif
20.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Another 3-registry gal here! I don''t think that it''s too many. Giving your guests a wide selection is a good thing!
We''re at Target, BB&B and C&B

Tacori- I''m in the same boat. I too am having a hard time finding bedding that I really like. I saw a set at C&B, but it was from last fall, and the selection was low. I knew the inventory wouldn''t last until our wedding in Sept. I''ve been keeping a eye on their websites, hoping something new will pop up.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 7:26:22 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Another 3-registry gal here! I don''t think that it''s too many. Giving your guests a wide selection is a good thing!

We''re at Target, BB&B and C&B

Tacori- I''m in the same boat. I too am having a hard time finding bedding that I really like. I saw a set at C&B, but it was from last fall, and the selection was low. I knew the inventory wouldn''t last until our wedding in Sept. I''ve been keeping a eye on their websites, hoping something new will pop up.

I know. Horrible. That is why I just had to bite the bullet and buy most of it myself. I would have been heartbroken if it was sold-out/not bought. Who knew finding bedding could be so hard?!?
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results