shape
carat
color
clarity

How many miles does your car have?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Honda Accord hit 80k miles. I bought it new in 2019. I have never kept a car longer than 60k miles and am debating buying a new one. I should say this is not my primary car. This is a long distance driver and wil continue to be used for long distance. We go out a lot, lol.
Please share!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine’s at 95. The other half’s - 140ish? We buy vehicles used and run them into the ground. My dad holds the family record - he kept a Villager going (in regular household use!) to 330k…

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Nissan Rogue has 106,000
My Mitsubishi Endeavor has 160,000

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
We bought our first totally new one, so, maybe 7k.
Edit: DH says 4k.
The old one we gave to one of the kids and that has anywhere between160-180k or so? I can't remember exactly.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beloved MINI Cooper had done over 205k+ miles when she was scrapped.

I bought her from new in 2002, had many old age related issues, such as clutch (twice), catalytic converter (twice), engine, ball bearings.

What I spent on her to keep her going could have bought me another well-spec'ed MINI. However, I was very sentimental about her as she was one of the few contants in my life.

In 2017, she developed a fault with her ECU that would require about 2k GBP to fix. Then the catalytic converter blew again and would cost 0.7k GBP to get a new one.

It was as if she was telling me it was time for me to let her go to car heaven.

She was scrapped for 100 GBP, and I cried when she was taken away as she meant a lot to me, still does.

She was my second car, and I promised myself I shall not be so attached to another car again.

DK :cry2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6 at about 49,000 miles. Since I work from home, I have become the stereotypical little old lady who only drives it once a week to the store. It is very comfy and I suppose I will be in it a few more years, it just works well for local driving.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
40K miles. We got the car in 2017/2018.
We don't drive a lot.
We walk and cycle as often as we can and only drive when we are running errands like grocery shopping and visiting my parents and driving to doctors in the city so that puts on the miles for the most part.

When I was a little girl my dad always told us a car is to get from point A to point B. And so that really has been my philosophy for most of my adult life. We did always run cars into the ground so to speak but also take excellent care of all our cars so they last a long time.

loofy3infrontofhouse.png

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1470 as of about a minute ago.

We are touring in the Volvo we picked up at the factory in Gottenburg, Sweden about two weeks ago. Left my homeland of the Netherlands yesterday, in Denmark headed to Sweden now, and then several weeks in Norway, hubby’s ancestral land.

@dk168 - I don’t think my 2002 MINI Cooper, bought in late 2002, made it to 100k. The Velvet Red Beauty, had some major engine block problems that forced me to give her up after a mere 13 years. But aside from that, they were 13 fun years! Fortunately my hubby still has the John Cooper Works Clubman he bought in 2009. It has +/- 150k and is still his daily driver when he’s using four wheels.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently, 63K miles on our 2017 Mazda CX9. We bought it in 2021 right before used car prices really took off. It is our only car, DH does have a company truck but it’s strictly for work. I think it had 25,000 miles or so when we bought it, so we have added quite a bit. It is the nicest car we have owned by far.

Prior to this we had a Toyota Highlander that got to 245k when the head gasket went, LOVED that vehicle.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cars are more ornamental than practical. I like washing them, driving them not so much.
I drive about 3K a year so buying my preloved car guarantees low km and a very well kept car.
My favourite car was my PT Cruiser.
IMG_1843.jpeg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I have 160,000 miles on my car that I've had since 2017. It's a Mazda 3 hatchback. It's nothing fancy, but it's really been great for my needs and my dog loves it - that's the most important factor :)

Last edited:

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
My Honda Accord hit 80k miles. I bought it new in 2019. I have never kept a car longer than 60k miles and am debating buying a new one. I should say this is not my primary car. This is a long distance driver and wil continue to be used for long distance. We go out a lot, lol.
Please share!

Oh my, I'd sell that Accord now... I'll get my phone number to you so we can buy it.;)2

Seriously, that Honda is just a baby. We drove our Honda Accords to over 200,000 miles, sold them to other drivers and just traded in our Honda Odyssey van at 187,000 miles because we no longer needed such a large vehicle. That Odyssey had many more good miles to be added yet.

If you have maintained your Honda with required servicing, I think it will go another 120,000 miles easily. If you have an itch for new wheels though, that may be another story. Good luck in your decision.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We tend to keep cars for 10 years or 100k miles (and we dont drive a lot). I have a 2017 Toyota Highlander that has 60K miles on
it. The car I traded in for it was a Honda Odyssey Minivan that just turned 10 years and had just over 100K. We were going to
have to put some money into it (probably $4k-ish) to fix the AC, engine service, and new tires. I know it would have been cheaper
to keep but technology had advanced a lot and most new cars had backup cameras and sensing technology. Plus, the kids were
in HS so we were waaay over the Minivan (loved it while they were young though).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2016 Lexus has 54,000 on it, hubbys 2011 GMC pickup has 120,000 and our "extra" car is a 2005 Scion and its getting ready to turn 200,00

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I’m the anomaly here…we have two work vehicles at about 40k (DH) and mine 24k (neither of us commute far obviously). Our fun cars (garage princesses) are both under 25k miles.
We are car enthusiasts and spend our disposable income there I guess.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my car in late August 2019. Drove it about 50 miles round trip daily to the office. Once Covid hit and I started WFH I didn't drive much. It only has about 16.5k miles on it at this point as I mainly now only drive it on weekends for errands and running around fairly close to home. My prior car was at about 100k when I traded it in. I think it was a 2013 that I purchased in 2012, so I had it for about 7 years. I usually keep a car 6 or 7 years, or until something major breaks and then trade it in. I don't like putting a large chunk of cash into an older car. I guess I figure that once something big starts to go, more will follow, so I tend to get rid of them at that point. But I've been lucky because my last few cars really never had any issues so I've kept them the 6 or 7 years or until they hit 100k miles.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I usually drive my cars about 10 years or run to the ground, my current 2019 Mercedes has 40k miles, and I don’t plan to trade-in or get new car until around 120k. I take good care of my cars and they take care of me back. Usually I trade in and still get good $ on them. I have been lucky with all the Japanese imports, Honda, Lexus…they really hold their value. The only not so great car which I traded in after 6 years and around 100k miles was my Audi Q7 diesel.

My husband has driven company vehicles for the past 24 years, his cars are traded in at 60k or every 3 years whichever comes first.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't worry about mileage so long as there aren't consistent issues. I need my car to work or I'm in trouble. My previous car I kept from new for 12 years and about 115k before giving it to my younger brother. My new car is now almost 2 years old and has about 19k on it. I'll keep it as long as I can.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
95k. It’s a 2006 Toyota Highlander. Basically pristine.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have no idea! I don't drive much so low kms. I like new cars LOL. My DH drove his ML550 to 120Kms and that was a lot of us. But he was very attached to that SUV--otherwise we would have gotten something newer sooner.

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only got my car in December last year, so it has 1,670 miles on it so far :lol-2:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I buy new cars and keep them for a long time. I think I’m paranoid about buying used and getting someone else’s problems. My 2009 GL 450 has 155,000 miles and is now the beater/take dogs to the park. My 2020 GLS 450 has 25,000. It was a loaner from the dealership but since it was early Covid, no one was getting car’s serviced and it only had 150 miles when I bought it but still saved a good chunk.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we're at about 18,000? Bought it in October to replace the car with around 90,000 miles. There was nothing major (known) wrong with the car but we decided to trade it in when the dealership offered an unlimited mileage lifetime drive train warranty.

The truck we just parted with in April had 220,000+ miles on it. If the situation was a bit different, we would have fixed it up and kept it on going. I had actually just done all new shocks (struts?) two days before signing it over to salvage. The engine went out on my way home from a long (6,000 mile) drive. Was getting it ready to tow when I discovered other issues and decided that addressing enough to safely tow then having to drive 600 miles in a U-Haul towing a truck over multiple mountain passes was just not worth the hassle. (1997 truck)

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
We have a 2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription; it has about 65K on it. We plan to keep it through at least 2005/2006 if possible. We have two young kids (a toddler and a preschooler), so we drive a lot from activity to activity.

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
105K on my 2015 Audi and 190K on my husband's much-loved 2003 Jeep (he is the 3rd owner and I suspect the odometer is not accurate). We used to trade cars a lot but now we just keep local mechanics happily employed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results