shape
carat
color
clarity

How many delays can you tolerate?

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Situation: I ordered a semi-custom pair of dangly peridot earrings (my sons birthstone is August). It is a setting that is already designed but customizable with what type of stones. I also changed the standard fishhook to a leverback. Was initially told it would be delivered between Aug 31-Sept 4. On the 3rd I asked for an update because I hadn’t received a tracking number yet and was told it would be delayed and I would have it by Sept. 12.

Today is the 12th and no tracking number. I emailed again this morning but no response now 10hrs later (we are in same time zone). I heard from them last week saying it was looking nice and they were excited for me see it and up until now, communication has been fast. I will try contacting them again tomorrow (they do not provide a phone number).

I can handle delays to an extent. I would rather a good quality product then something rushed and I’m not waiting to give it as a gift as it is just for myself, but at what point do you throw in the towel and demand a refund? I paid with a credit card so if they completely ghost me now I can have a charge back applied but I’m hoping it won’t come to that.

Edit to add: I won’t name the jeweler at this point but did research first that led me to believe they are credible. They are virtual based but keep an office very close to where I live

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm never happy with delays but sometimes stuff happens ... the vendor's lack of communication is even worse in my eyes ... the vendor keeps blowing their own deadlines with nary an update/email/explanation/apology to you ... if it were me, I'd request a refund/order cancellation and advise I'd be contacting my credit card company if the refund isn't received within 24 hours of the email ... I don't choose to work with vendors who aren't interested in my business let alone their own. YMMV.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I'm never happy with delays but sometimes stuff happens ... the vendor's lack of communication is even worse in my eyes ... the vendor keeps blowing their own deadlines with nary an update/email/explanation/apology to you ... if it were me, I'd request a refund/order cancellation and advise I'd be contacting my credit card company if the refund isn't received within 24 hours of the email ... I don't choose to work with vendors who aren't interested in my business let alone their own. YMMV.

You’re right! And my husband agrees. I’m not a confrontation person but this is business and my $1000 earrings and I have a right to open communication. I emailed them again saying I want my item shipped by end of day tomorrow or a refund issued. If I don’t hear back by then, I’ll contact my credit card company who I know will refund it immediately.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delays happen but the fact that the vendor communicated with you quickly when trying to obtain a sale, has not delivered in the timeline promised, has not provided and explanation for this or an updated shipping date, and now has gone silent are very bad signs. I would contact the CC company first thing in the morning and ask for a charge back. If you receive the earrings and they are not as promised it may get a lot more complicated with your CC company in regards to getting your money back.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if they arnt bassed far from you and have a bricks and mortar show room could you just pop in on the way home
a dalay is anoying but there may be a very good reason for it for all we know
i wouldn't panic for a few more days

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
if they arnt bassed far from you and have a bricks and mortar show room could you just pop in on the way home
a dalay is anoying but there may be a very good reason for it for all we know
i wouldn't panic for a few more days

No brick and mortar, otherwise I would do that. They have an office address but dont accept clients there

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's more of a principle thing. If they are able to email quickly when they want your business, but not anymore once they have it, that just rubs me the wrong way. Delays are totally ok because they happen, but not communicating about them is unacceptable.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally think a professional gets 1 delay without communication about it before I start to think they are NOT professional. That 1 delay is assuming either somebody dropped the ball (less leeway) or something major happened (more leeway) after which they will get back on track or, if it’s something major, communicate that the project won’t be back on track and give options.

While I haven’t experienced this with jewelry projects fortunately, I have with other things and now have very little patience. Ime usually if there is more than one delay without communication, it is a very bad sign.

To that end, I am very interested in knowing who the vendor is. I have my guesses but would hate to be wrong.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Err I'd give them a little more time. They have only ghosted you for 10 hours so far.

And the fact that they replied on the 3rd (with a delayed schedule) tells me that they havent just stopped responding to you once they got your buisness.

Tell them their lack of communication on the 12th (and the floating deadline which keeps getting pushed back) is making you uneasy. Make them send you photos of the project, ask them for a firm date by which you will have the tracking number and tell them that you will file a credit card dispute if you dont have the details by that date (if you are feeling uneasy then give them an upper window on when this date can be. And make sure it is within whatever window you are allowed to dispute charges within).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's more of a principle thing. If they are able to email quickly when they want your business, but not anymore once they have it, that just rubs me the wrong way. Delays are totally ok because they happen, but not communicating about them is unacceptable.

Yes, I agree with @lovedogs. Delays are at time unavoidable and things happen but communication is key. Just like any good relationship communication is critical. So yeah I would be miffed if all of a sudden the vendor has my money and is now not communicating with me. Not OK.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get your $$ back. This is abhorrent customer service.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Update!

Company name is Diamondere. I’ve found a few people saying they’ve ordered from them and they are A+ with BBB so I was hoping they would be okay. Not many places do things with peridot because it isn’t a popular stone. Wanting rose gold makes it even harder to find. I do have another source thankfully that I have used before but was hoping this would work out because they have a few unique earring styles I wanted to order in various gemstones.

With that said, I told them yesterday that the item needed to ship by end of business today or I was cancelling. They immediately sent me a tracking number that was created on Wednesday but it remained in the ‘label created’ stage and never actually shipped. It is now past 8pm in New York where it is supposed to ship from and I’ve only gotten crickets from them. I did email them earlier to point out that it was just a label and I still wanted the item to ship today or would be cancelling. They never replied and never shipped so I just emailed to cancel it. I will give them until Monday to issue a refund or I will reach out to my credit card company.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update!

Company name is Diamondere. I’ve found a few people saying they’ve ordered from them and they are A+ with BBB so I was hoping they would be okay. Not many places do things with peridot because it isn’t a popular stone. Wanting rose gold makes it even harder to find. I do have another source thankfully that I have used before but was hoping this would work out because they have a few unique earring styles I wanted to order in various gemstones.

With that said, I told them yesterday that the item needed to ship by end of business today or I was cancelling. They immediately sent me a tracking number that was created on Wednesday but it remained in the ‘label created’ stage and never actually shipped. It is now past 8pm in New York where it is supposed to ship from and I’ve only gotten crickets from them. I did email them earlier to point out that it was just a label and I still wanted the item to ship today or would be cancelling. They never replied and never shipped so I just emailed to cancel it. I will give them until Monday to issue a refund or I will reach out to my credit card company.
Yeahhhh that's shady. Screw that.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you had to go through this. It is tough to get excited about a project, pay for it, and then have the project go bust. I think Peridot is such a lovely gemstone and under appreciated for the most part.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update!

And I would write up a detailed review/complaint to the bbb.org.

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
And I would write up a detailed review/complaint to the bbb.org.

I will once my money is returned.

They tried to blame this recent delay on fedex saying there was in issue with the label. I’ve worked in shipping in the past and I know fedex would have just issued a new label and kept it moving if that was true. It also doesn’t excuse them from reaching out to inform me of this until after it was too late, so I call BS. Oh well.. I have another pair ordered from elsewhere and I saved money (which I promptly spent on something else I was eyeing).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results