shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it take to set a stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Audrey Hepburn

Rough_Rock
Hello, all-
Well, I am still waiting, pretending that I do not know that my dearly beloved has a diamond, and it has now been almost 3 weeks since my big discovery! (See my last thread for a full story) My question to all of you is, how long does it take to get a diamond appraised, find side traps for it, and have it set? Three weeks? Four weeks? Longer? Sorry to bother all of you, but it''s just so difficult waiting at this point.....
BTW - I caught some of the "Bridezilla" marathon on WE! and my lord is it FUNNY!!! Not so much laugh out loud funny, but just funny in an oh-my-gosh-she''s-having-fuzzy-lime-green-furniture-made-for-her-reception type way.... has anyone else seen this crazy show?

-AH

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I'd say it could take from two weeks to two months to do all that.

My setting from Vatche is taking three to four weeks and it's just a solitare without any side stones. Add another couple of days for the appraisal and it's gonna be a month minimum for me.

Do you know who's doing the setting?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
It could take anywere from 1 week to 4 weeks depending if the jeweler has the mounting in stock or if you go on line it could be longer.

I know its hard to wait, but you will have it for a life time enjoy the moment
1.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
I was just watching that yesterday! What a crazy show - and don't you love the commentator?! Those chicks are wacked
2.gif
~

Anyway, yes - I'd say the average is 3-4 weeks to have it set, depending on how much and where he's having it done. It's long enough to drive you crazy, anyway. Knowing it's coming...but not "when". I love a suprise, but this is harder than I thought. We picked the "e" ring out together and it's being made at the moment. Ours was to take 3-4 weeks...we're in the 3rd week. Anyway, I feel your pain
1.gif

I read your story last week about discovering the diamond...I laughed so hard - that was hilarious.

~Lisa

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
I watched a lot of the Bridezilla marathon.

You can really tell who are the "almost engaged" girls in here
1.gif
Including me!

My bf would look at me at certain points in the show and say "You're not going to do THAT, are you???"

I would just grin and say... Maybe
wink2.gif

Bethany
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results