shape
carat
color
clarity

How long does it take to make a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Captain783

Rough_Rock
If i wanted to make an engagment ring with custom setting, how long would it take to finish the ring?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi captain and welcome
35.gif

Some vendors can do it in 10-14 days. others might have a waiting list and it could be 6-8 weeks.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What passes for custom often is made from available component parts and takes only a couple days. This isn''t the extra fine work of those special jewelers many use here, but the definition of "custom" depends on how different the design really is, how unique, and how fine you want it fabricated. Because of this, the time element is very broad.

Captain783

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.

I am new to this site and new to this whole diamond thing
1.gif

I was looking into purchasing three stone ring, RB in the middle and two pear side stones.

There is a nice picture of this ring at Tiffany''s website.

My girlfriend and i both like the shape and the band of this ring.

My only concern was that i wish i can choose the diamonds and its price.
Nothing too special in the stone. Pretty much ideal cut at least in the center stone.

There is a trustable jeweler in my town and he wil not be back in town until 20th of the August.
And i am planning to pop the question Sept. 9th.

Would this be enough time frame to have the ring done?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can't tell you whether your jeweler can or can't make it in the time frame you have. I had a custom ring made, in platium, not overly complicated, but a semi-tension ring and it took from concept to completion almost 6 weeks. Since you won't know until the 20th if the jeweler can or can not make what you want by the date you need, you should probably have a contingency plan in place.

Good luck to you.......

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I would not plan on pressuring the jeweler for time, especially if you need to purchase airplane tickets, make reservations or some other time sensitive commitment without the ability to consult with them about their schedule first. It’s likely that when they return from vacation they will have quite a bit of ‘catch up’ type work to do and it would be a shame to miss your planned for date over this. This is especially true if you want something complex. An alternative might be to plan to have the jeweler set your diamond into a ‘solitaire’ type ring for your proposal presentation. Most jewelers can assemble this sort of ring very quickly and are happy to be cooperative about moving the diamond to the new ring after they’ve completed the ring of your dreams.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

rogue

Shiny_Rock
I had a relatively simple princess channel set mounting with basket style head made and the whole process, from ordering the platinum to walking out with the ring, took about 3-4 weeks. While your jeweler is out of town, maybe you can call some other jewelers and ask them for a time estimate to get an idea if there is some kind of time consensus?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the design, the jeweler, and how busy the jeweler is.

Some people deliver in 2 weeks, some in 4-8....my custom ring took multiple months (and a lot of irritation), which is part of the reason I can''t stress enough that you should do your research before commissioning someone to do custom work for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results