shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did/will your photos take?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is kind of related to Peony''s post. I always thought we would wait to see each other for the first time when I walk down the aisle. Then we would take all our group/couple photos during the hour long cocktail hour BUT now I am rethinking that. We just went to a wedding on New Years Eve (beautiful by the way) and they had a similar timeline as us but they took pictures before. Now, they DID go to three different locations and we are planning on only taking pictures at the country club, but I like the idea that their hair/make-up was fresh, they had lots of time, and the pictures turned out great (the photographer but together a slide show for the reception), and could actually enjoy their cocktail hour. Also many of you might be familiar with my previous posts about being very emotional/sensitive and worried about being a mess at the wedding. I cry just THINKING about it. I must have a chemical imbalance. So I also thought seeing each other before might help calm me down so to speak. So I guess I have two questions. Is an hour enough time for all the group/couple''s photos? What are you/did you do?

TIA!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
My best suggestion to avoid a long photo session is to eliminate some of the family lineup shots. Get a few, but not a zillion! One of my favorite moments of the day was during dinner, when our photographer asked us if we wanted to go out on the rocks after the storm to have our pictures done. I was hesitant, but it was the very best 30 minutes of our day. The wind has blowing, waves were crashing onto Bass Rocks in Gloucester, MA...and there we were all windswept and happy -- and alone!!! I really liked seeing my husband for the first time walking down the aisle though...something to think about!!! Still, whatever you do will be the right thing to do for you.

ps...I am ridiculously emotional too!!!

klr
30.gif
prongs

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2006 2:39:31 PM
Author: heart prongs

ps...I am ridiculously emotional too!!!

klr

30.gif
prongs

I am bad. I get teary when people say nice things to me or to someone I love, when I hear certain songs, movies, basically anything. I have an irrational fear of not being able to get through my vows. That is why I thought MAYBE seeing each other for the first time BEFORE would help crib my emotions....

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I''m still struggling with this issue and the wedding is in a month! OK, we left a one hour window between the end of the ceremony and beginning of cocktails so we could do pictures during that time--we''re having the ceremony in a church and then the reception is at a site which is really only 15 minutes away but we figure people will find ways to pass the time. I am just hung up on that old fashioned thing of not seeing each other until I come down the aisle. Tacori, I''m with you about being emotional and wanting my hair and makeup to be fresh but I think I''m going to risk it! I plan on doing pix with my parents and my sister (MOH) before the ceremony since I will have the photographer all day so that will cover those photos. Fortunately, we both have small families so we won''t be doing a million posed shots with tons of relatives. We really want to be at our cocktail hour because the food will be so yummy and we''re not doing a receiving line so we feel that at the cocktail part, we will get to say hello to everyone. But yes, the makeup thing is a huge concern. I cry during commercials so I know I''ll be a mess during the wedding but I think I''m going to take the chance. I say this today. I may change my mind 50 more times before the wedding!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly, keep me updated on what you decide. Our ceremony and reception is at the same location so our timeline is a little tighter than yours. Also if we do the photos after there is no chance of having a recieving line....I just cannot decide!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am on the fence about this one too.

i was talking with my FSIL. she waited to see her hubby for the walk down the aisle. she said that when she came out - everyone stood and she couldn''t see her FI. She missed that inital moment. something to think about.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just talked to my mom and mentioned that I might want to take the photos first and she seemed kind of disappointed. I guess she likes the tradition of waiting. Now I am even MORE confused.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
We took our photo''s during cocktail hour and it was one of my favorite moments of the day!! The sun was setting and our guests were watching as they mingled around having drinks and socializing. My husband and I had a blast, it was our one moment of "us" time the whole day

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, no matter how you time your day, just know that there will be PLENTY of great pictures, even if you have 2 hours for the whole darn thing. Have a glass of wine or champagne pre-ceremony with your girls, everything will turn out perfectly! Most of our best photos were taken well after the reception was underway (yes, in some I can tell my lipstick is not perfectly fresh, but no one else can). You will have time (or you''ll make time) to touch up your makeup in between the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2006 3:11:06 PM
Author: jcrow

i was talking with my FSIL. she waited to see her hubby for the walk down the aisle. she said that when she came out - everyone stood and she couldn''t see her FI. She missed that inital moment. something to think about.
Jcrow - Excellent point!!! I forgot to mention that in Curly''s thread when i replied. I couldnt see FI at the alter either because of people standing. I was also looking side to side to see who was right there! It wasnt until i got to the end of the aisle, that we could see each other.

Tacori - Our pictures took almost 2 hours... 1 1/2 before and 1/2 after. Our photographer was actually able to tell us how long he was going to need and he was VERY accurate. You can always do the groom/groomsmen/groom family pics and vice versus for you before without seeing each other.

My mother was very dissapointed that i decided to go with seeing each other, but i think if you asked her now, she would agree that it was very stress-free and enjoyable. Everyone in the bridal party was able to take off for the reception and DH and I actually got to enjoy half of it. It was also nice to start greeting our guests.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2006 10:29:48 AM
Author: njc
Date: 1/2/2006 3:11:06 PM
Author: jcrow

Jcrow - Excellent point!!! I forgot to mention that in Curly''s thread when i replied. I couldnt see FI at the alter either because of people standing. I was also looking side to side to see who was right there! It wasnt until i got to the end of the aisle, that we could see each other.

also- think about how and where you are going to enter verses where he will be standing. My FSIL came in through a side aisle at the church (i think that''s just how the church did it usually) and that compilied with all of the people standing- she totally missed that moment that you see in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results