shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did it take for your SO to notice your new bling?

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun! I have been wearing my new butterfly necklace, and it’s been 3 days and my husband hasn’t noticed yet. At this point it’s a game how long he’d go without saying something.Has this happened to you? I’m truly convinced that if I don’t say anything, or if he doesn’t physically see me opening a package, I’d get away with so many new purchases and he wouldn’t know a thing!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never! Haha I have too much bling...He can’t keep up!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
ALWAYS! my mr. big fat facets has eagle eyes. it could be just something i haven't worn in a while or just cleaned diamonds.

just yesterday, he came back in from watering the plants in the courtyard, i had my back turned to him, and he commented, "so sparkly"... i had just put my studs and ring back on from the ultrasonic... he notices EVERYTHING

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So funny thing is hubby is a saint who shops
With me all the time and even gives his opinion. So you would think that when I wear a new piece, he would have some recollection but nope. Nada. He has no clue what is new or when I got it even if he was with me and spent countless hours scrutinizing it :lol:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if I don’t say anything, or if he doesn’t physically see me opening a package, I’d get away with so many new purchases and he wouldn’t know a thing!

This is our house! My DH isn't into jewelry . He supports my hobby and will oh and ah over a new piece if I show it to him. Just because it brings me joy. He has no eye for jewelry whatsoever though, so it's impossible for him to tell my pieces apart ( lest I'd buy something totally atypical, say a huge yellow gold statement necklace or maybe a tiara).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I never give him a chance. As soon as something new arrives generally he is there with me anyway but if not I put it on and say how do you like my new bling?

Just asked him (hypothetical situation) if he wasn't around all the time how long would it take him to notice I got a new piece of jewelry. And he said from one hour to one week. :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My husband has bought me the same piece of jewelry twice lol! I opened the package and I was like I think you gave these to me already. It was really funny! But anyhoo, I dont think I could allow your experiment to work because if I didn't hear a compliment within 10 min I would have to show him the new piece lol! I can't slip anything by because I'm too excited!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
This is our house! My DH isn't into jewelry . He supports my hobby and will oh and ah over a new piece if I show it to him. Just because it brings me joy. He has no eye for jewelry whatsoever though, so it's impossible for him to tell my pieces apart ( lest I'd buy something totally atypical, say a huge yellow gold statement necklace or maybe a tiara).

Haha! It would be so much more fun to lounge around the house with a tiara. For sure he would notice it then! Although, I once rearranged my living room furniture and he didn’t say a word until I pointed it out, so idk. Haha

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I never give him a chance. As soon as something new arrives generally he is there with me anyway but if not I put it on and say how do you like my new bling?

Just asked him (hypothetical situation) if he wasn't around all the time how long would it take him to notice I got a new piece of jewelry. And he said from one hour to one week. :lol:

I like that time frame! Hahahah

ean

Brilliant_Rock
My husband has bought me the same piece of jewelry twice lol! I opened the package and I was like I think you gave these to me already. It was really funny! But anyhoo, I dont think I could allow your experiment to work because if I didn't hear a compliment within 10 min I would have to show him the new piece lol! I can't slip anything by because I'm too excited!

Oh that is funny! My husband refuses to buy me jewelry now unless I have a specific list because of a debacle last month. Lol He got me earrings that aren’t my style and the look on my face when I saw it broke his heart. My face doesn’t lie, apparently. Needless to say, I felt horrible but it went back and I got some earrings that suit me much better. Haha! I’m usually like that too, but this one is an impulse buy after already having 2 jewelry purchases in a month, so I am keeping it quiet. Then when he notices, I can just say, “I’ve had this for a long time!”

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear anything but my earrings (24/7/365) while at home. When we are going out together, I usually am wearing several pieces including one of my necklaces. He never pays any attention, he is too busy managing his misbehaving dog or when driving, he pays attention entirely to the road and constantly comments on other people's driving skills (how they got their licenses??? :mad:).

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is involved in most bling purchases. Recently, I discovered a line of fashion jewelry that I enjoy wearing.
For Mother’s Day, I received a beautiful, ideal cut diamond 3 stone necklace. I wear it all the time.
One day, I decided to take the 3 stone diamond necklace off to wear one of the new fashion pieces, and DH asked about the 3 stone necklace. I was shocked!!
The man doesn’t miss a thing..lol!!
Now, I wear the 3 stone and any other piece I choose, together....lol!!
I don’t think I’d fool him, if I were to ever purchase something on my own; he’d notice pretty quickly. :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reactions: ean

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
My husband would notice the bank account immediately (gets instant notification on his phone). No hiding anything these days with technology!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My husband won't notice it unless I tell him, show him and dangle it in front of him. He also doesn't notice new clothes, haircuts/hair color or makeup. I used to show my kids and husband new purchases but their eyes would glaze over or they'll just ignore me. None of my friends are into jewelry either, so there's no one to show things to except for PS. I have a separate bank account so no one ever sees what I spend. Although both my husband and daughter have access to it.

During the pandemic my kids did notice that I've been buying new plants every 2-3 weeks. I think I keep killing them with too much water.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, my hubby has never noticed any new pieces. We share all our finances bar our savings accounts, so we each have a slush fund that we allocate money to, to spend as we like. Any larger priced pieces ($1k+) I check with hubby first. But once I get them he still doesn't notice :lol-2:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Not usually unless I show him. I told him to "give" me a benitoite ring for the holidays which I already ordered. I had him "help" pick out earrings but I found the stones and had them set.

Lucky for me he doesn't seem to pay too much attention. Especially since this pandemic has wratched up my shopping online.

What is funny is he is into biking and got 2 new bikes this year. Bikes need more accessories that Barbie, so we have a constant stream of packages with fiddly little metal things. He proudly shows me every single one. I'm getting better, I can tell tire from wheel and derailleur from brake.

Q

Queenie60

Mine doesn't notice nor does he want to know!!! He just nods and says "that's nice" - never asks the price or why? I like this!!!!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Strangely,I have spent less online since Covid.I used to have at least 2-3 packages delivered every day before lockdown.Now it is one a week,maybe=)2

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
1 second to 24h, depending on the size. With the new Victorian ring it took him half a day, then he stares at it, I say, what?, he goes, new ring?, I say, yes, he goes, I thought there was a new sparkle.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never. But my DH doesn't notice anything that doesn't directly affect him physically. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I could repaint the interior of the house and buy new furniture and he would not notice. Last night our normally rambunctious cats were out of sight and quiet. DH & I were watching tv without the usual din of 4 cats playing or complaining and I said "do you notice anything?" He immediately started looking around the room and asked if I bought new furniture :rolleyes::lol:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
We have separate accounts and my SO loves toys with a motor so he will tell me
He is buying something and show it off to me, but since my bling buys do not have a motor he has not interest and does not comment.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Never. But my DH doesn't notice anything that doesn't directly affect him physically. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I could repaint the interior of the house and buy new furniture and he would not notice. Last night our normally rambunctious cats were out of sight and quiet. DH & I were watching tv without the usual din of 4 cats playing or complaining and I said "do you notice anything?" He immediately started looking around the room and asked if I bought new furniture :rolleyes::lol:

:lol-2: I thought only my husband is like this. I rearranged my living room and he did not even say a word!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He notices when my netflix account payment comes out of the bank, so he'd get a phone notification immediately. I suppose I could squirrel away money, but I actually like sharing things with him. Would he notice on his own? Really hard to say. Probably not.

Reactions: ean

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He would never notice a new piece, only the withdrawal out of the funds. I will wax poetic and technical about them to his glazed-over “bless her” eyes. :lol: same as I do during the car conversations that he loves. :shifty:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
We have separate accounts and my SO loves toys with a motor so he will tell me
He is buying something and show it off to me, but since my bling buys do not have a motor he has not interest and does not comment.

Same here, separate accounts but we do discuss our purchases. He says “that’s pretty” to me and I say “that seems... cool” for the car items!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results