shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did he have the ring for?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies, gotta keep busy, gotta keep busy!!!!!!!!!!
32.gif

As some of you may know, I am currently being tortured by my darling SO. The ring is in the building (well, actually it''s left the building to have the band modified, but it will be back on Tuesday!).

Question: How long did he have the ring in his possession before he popped the question?! How did you not go mad knowing it was in the house?! Did yours scream at you from it''s hiding place too?!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He bought it about 6 weeks before he gave it to me from an online antique jeweller. DH was in the UK, I was in the US, and the ring was in the US so he had the jeweller hold on to it until he was in the US. Once the ring arrived to my house (I was at work and DH was at my house) he gave it to me that same evening so he''d had it in his hands for only about 4 hours
1.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
FI had it for almost 3 months before he proposed
40.gif

Kitten520

Rough_Rock
it''ll be a week tomorrow, and he still has it
emsad.gif

i feel ya!

junepatient

Rough_Rock
Oh my god Kitten, same exact thing here. We got it one week ago tomorrow, I haven''t peeked since Tuesday. I want it to be this weekeend but he doesn''t even have cryptic plans....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think it was like 2 weeks that he kept it from me...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hey, maybe he is still planning how to do it! Guys are kinda under some pressure to make the moment special, y''know.
2.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Mine has had it for 4 days now. He tortures me everyday by saying how pretty and sparkly it is, and also says it''s HIS ring until he gives it to me. Ahhh!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance had it for two months before he proposed.
29.gif

I had no idea he had it though, so it wasn't as maddening.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine had it for three months before he proposed. He was busy planning our trip away for the proposal and that was the first weekend I didn''t have an exam to study for.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Honey, I feel your pain!

He''s had it or let''s just say it was finished being made in December! ... No telling WHEN I''m going to get it.
7.gif
9.gif

Pretty funny ... similarly but different from you who has being taunted by it in the house ... The diamond has been selected since about November or so and the setting took 6 weeks to be made. During this time, I regularly went to the jeweler to "visit" my diamond. When the setting came in, I did the same ... however, now I''ve lost custody and have NO visitation rights. I''m not allowed to see the two set together until he proposes. Aggh!

Off to think about some way to torture him into submission.
4.gif
27.gif
12.gif

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
About a week and I didn''t know until we were hanging out at the Ale House with a large group and overheard him talking about someones house being robbed. He said something to one of his friends about "hiding important things in the toe of a shoe instead of a safe." So of course the next day I wondered if he really did that and looked in all his shoes and there was a ring box in one. He propsed the next day but if he had not I would have been inventing reasons to get him out of the house so I could be with the ring.

Enjoy this time, it is good anticipation and it gets so crazy once you get engaged.

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
2 weeks b/c he was trying to teach the dog to carry the ring box in his mouth
20.gif
...eventually he gave up

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He had it for 2 days before he proposed, and I had no idea he had even been ring shopping!

Kitten520

Rough_Rock
at first it was making me crazy but then I figured he''d do it this sunday since we were having a big family dinner to celebrate birthdays. so I thought I''d be fine waiting a week and was able to relax. but now, the dinner''s been postponed until next Sunday!!! and who knows if he''ll even do it then, it''s just a guess on my part.

he likes to tease me about it too, Star, same as your guy is doing. he thinks its funny when I ask for visitation rights.
19.gif

Sparkalicious... if you figure out a way to get him to submit - SHARE!
27.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Wow - it looks like I''m not going to be able to calculate stats as to when I am getting mine
7.gif

lucy.lucy.80 - that is so adorable!! I can just imagine BF doing that! I am having shudders thinking of my boofhead Bailey eating the damn box. Honey would be much smarter about it all.

sparkalicious - since December?! Are you on valium yet? I would be. Torture is an excellent idea, feel free to post suggestions
11.gif

star sparkle - he does the same thing!!! Every time I say something like my ring or my diamond, he cheekily tells me that I don''t have one, but HE has a lovely ACA just sitting around
29.gif

gwendolyn - you are so right. I don''t think he is planning something major in particular, just probably waiting for one of those really nice moments together, when we are just laughing and enjoying each other''s company. One of those great times together would be perfect. I don''t expect much! Just those magic words..........

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 4:27:00 PM
Author: lucy.lucy.80
2 weeks b/c he was trying to teach the dog to carry the ring box in his mouth
20.gif
...eventually he gave up
Lucy - LOL!

I saw this earlier and am still laughing ... love the rolling of the eyes at his failed antics. Too cute! .. He tried, right?
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 11:00:56 PM
Author: Kitten520
Sparkalicious... if you figure out a way to get him to submit - SHARE!
27.gif
You got it, Kitten!
28.gif

Still working on it ...
34.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 11:33:49 PM
Author: honey22

sparkalicious - since December?! Are you on valium yet? I would be. Torture is an excellent idea, feel free to post suggestions
11.gif

star sparkle - he does the same thing!!! Every time I say something like my ring or my diamond, he cheekily tells me that I don''t have one, but HE has a lovely ACA just sitting around
29.gif
Yes, Honey ... December!
38.gif

No valium ... yet. Actually, I''m kind of having fun with it or maybe I''ve just given up. I have re-assessed the situation and figure that since we have been dating for 14 years (yes 14!!) that he may be making me wait one month for each year we have been together. Why the %^$# else would he be making me wait so long! Hmmpf!
Honestly though, the anticipation is really fun. I don''t know what I will do with myself once I''m no longer fixated on not yet having my ring ... oh, no, wait ... actually I do know. ... Wedding planning!
23.gif

Pls do share with your bf that I think he''s hilarious. That is pretty funny. The cheek of him, huh?
25.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif

Yeah, it sucks! I''ll ask him something about "my ring," and he replies with "YOUR ring? You don''t have a ring, it''s mine until I give it to you."

And he just LOVES telling me about how much it sparkles, and how cool the arrows look through the H&A viewer from WF.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 11:00:56 PM
Author: Kitten520

he likes to tease me about it too, Star, same as your guy is doing. he thinks its funny when I ask for visitation rights.
19.gif

Mine won''t even entertain the idea of visitation rights. I am absolutely forbidden from seeing it before he proposes.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
gwendolyn - you are so right. I don't think he is planning something major in particular, just probably waiting for one of those really nice moments together, when we are just laughing and enjoying each other's company. One of those great times together would be perfect. I don't expect much! Just those magic words..........
If he doesn't know that you don't want it to be a big production, you might want to subtly mention it at some point. I say this simply because my boyfriend J is verrrrry shy, but from movies and TV had thought that he HAD to make some huge deal out proposing with flowers, restaurant, limo, other people helping to plan elaborate surprises--the whole works!--and it scared the crap out of him. So when I told him I'd be perfectly happy with something simple and sweet, the sigh of relief he let out was HUUUUUUUGE, and it didn't seem like the biggest project in the world to him anymore. Which is nice! I don't want proposing to be a chore!
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
less than 8 hours. Yeah...he just knew, and knew I knew, etc. It burned a hole in his pocket until he could ask me, for sure!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 5:57:35 AM
Author: gwendolyn

gwendolyn - you are so right. I don''t think he is planning something major in particular, just probably waiting for one of those really nice moments together, when we are just laughing and enjoying each other''s company. One of those great times together would be perfect. I don''t expect much! Just those magic words..........
If he doesn''t know that you don''t want it to be a big production, you might want to subtly mention it at some point. I say this simply because my boyfriend J is verrrrry shy, but from movies and TV had thought that he HAD to make some huge deal out proposing with flowers, restaurant, limo, other people helping to plan elaborate surprises--the whole works!--and it scared the crap out of him. So when I told him I''d be perfectly happy with something simple and sweet, the sigh of relief he let out was HUUUUUUUGE, and it didn''t seem like the biggest project in the world to him anymore. Which is nice! I don''t want proposing to be a chore!
3.gif
I have made it very clear to him that I don''t expect a big production, that I just want him to be comfortable and happy too. I think we all expect the woman to have the proposal of their dreams, that sometimes we forget that this is also about the man asking for a hand in marriage. It should be just as special for the guys too, so I want to make sure he is relaxed (as he can be) and not feeling like there is a big expectation on him. I totally agree with you, proposing shouldn''t be a chore, it should be exciting for him. I am kinda scared that he won''t be excited like I am, I would be devastated if he didn''t at least want to call up a few friends and tell them, but I am sure he will be, I just have to stress about something!

I have told him before that I don''t care if he writes the magic words on the roll of dunny paper in our bathroom - it''s what he says that counts (not to mention the bling!!!
11.gif
)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 12:43:21 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

11.gif

29.gif
Yes, Honey ... December!
38.gif

No valium ... yet. Actually, I''m kind of having fun with it or maybe I''ve just given up. I have re-assessed the situation and figure that since we have been dating for 14 years (yes 14!!) that he may be making me wait one month for each year we have been together. Why the %^$# else would he be making me wait so long! Hmmpf!
Honestly though, the anticipation is really fun. I don''t know what I will do with myself once I''m no longer fixated on not yet having my ring ... oh, no, wait ... actually I do know. ... Wedding planning!
23.gif

Pls do share with your bf that I think he''s hilarious. That is pretty funny. The cheek of him, huh?
25.gif
I so am feeling you here. Wow! 14 years! Congrats on staying unengaged and sane! Good things come to those who wait, sweetie, we are going to score big time. The anticipation is fun, but I guess I just want to hear him say it. It''s almost like I still don''t believe it''s going to happen. I am so scared he will change his mind, although I know this is not the case (ok, I asked him in a moment of insecurity
20.gif
).

Now the ring is bought and in hiding, I almost feel like what am I going to do to occupy me now?! Funnily enough, I have started browsing through the Brides in Waiting section, yep, wedding planning! It''s funny though, cause I know I want a really little laid back, inexpensive wedding. I just want to be his wife, I don''t want all the silly stuff that goes into getting married. The single most important moment of the day will be the I Do''s!

I will tell him you think he is hilarious, but do we really think we need to encourage him?!
33.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 4:00:48 AM
Author: star sparkle

29.gif

Yeah, it sucks! I''ll ask him something about ''my ring,'' and he replies with ''YOUR ring? You don''t have a ring, it''s mine until I give it to you.''

And he just LOVES telling me about how much it sparkles, and how cool the arrows look through the H&A viewer from WF.
6.gif
He''s playing with the WF H&A view - SO NOT FAIR!!!!

I know !!! They have another forum - it''s called How To Torture You Soon-to-be Fiance, they get together and figure out ways to drive us crazy with waiting. That''s it, it must be it!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2008 7:26:29 AM
Date: 3/9/2008 4:00:48 AM

Author: star sparkle

29.gif

Yeah, it sucks! I''ll ask him something about ''my ring,'' and he replies with ''YOUR ring? You don''t have a ring, it''s mine until I give it to you.''

6.gif

I know !!! They have another forum - it''s called How To Torture You Soon-to-be Fiance, they get together and figure out ways to drive us crazy with waiting. That''s it, it must be it!!

He''s WHAT? In front of you?!? You must be joking. That''s low, that''s just really low. I can''t believe that you''ve held out this long with that type of behaviour!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 7:26:29 AM
6.gif

Hahahahaha, oh that is so EVIL!! It...sounds like something I would do.
27.gif
I love it, it is both awful and awesome at the same time!
11.gif
3.gif
2.gif

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Mine had it for about 2 months before he proposed. I had no idea though, that he had it. I found out later, that he had it for so long and I was like, "what?! Why didn''t you just propose right away?"

Apparently he had a plan, and I broke my toe shortly after he got the ring, so his plan didn''t really work out (he was going to do it at the Great Wall; we were in China at the time). Then he said he was trying to think of a different proposal idea, but got distracted by other things that were going on at the time and he FORGOT ABOUT IT. WTF?!!! Who FORGETS about THAT?! I think one day he was just like, "oh yea, I still have the ring. I guess I should give it to her". Men...
38.gif

I''m glad I didn''t know he had the ring! I would have gone crazy I think, lol.

Well at least your guy is ahead of the game and actually HAS the ring. Hopefully he hasn''t forgotten about it though, like my FI
38.gif

Markie

Rough_Rock
My BF had the ring for MAYBE a week before he proposed. He was planning on waiting, I am pretty sure, but he got a really good deal on a ring so he bought it early and once he got the ring he was too excited and just wanted to put it on my finger. I knew he had it though and it totally was torture- I probably hyperventilated for three days until he proposed. It didn''t help that he wanted to make sure it fit (we had to get it resized) and he make me close my eyes and turn my head after it arrived while he put it on my finger to see. How mean was that of him to do, right? I don''t wear the ring at this point because we aren''t quite in a position to tell his parents yet, but I was glad he proposed so I didn''t have to be all twitchy for months and months waiting for it.

I am impressed that so many guys on here had the restraint to wait and plan because I am sure they all couldn''t wait to see the looks on their girlfriends'' faces when they proposed.

Good luck with waiting it out, honey, I have my fingers crossed for you that it will happen soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results