shape
carat
color
clarity

How large is this stone

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone take a guess at how large this center stone is? MM rather than carat weight due to asscher carat weight being all over the place, thanks! 46cb08de0268d47355a48cbae96d08af.jpg

Reactions: AV_

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
There's no way to tell from the photo as we have nothing appearing which is a standard size for comparison. eg a dime

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Approximate guess - if band is ~2mm then stone is around 9.5mm
What if it's actually a bangle but it's just really far away?

;-)

:lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I have seen this ring listed/posted somewhere not terribly long ago. I just browsed my Etsy faves but didn’t find it there ... :think:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found that ring; it was sold unfortunately, but the vendor may still have the GIA deets to let you know what the exact measurements are.

https://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/product/3-00ct-asscher-cut-diamond-ring/

That said, I tried to scale the ring down to what I was doing for EmeraldCutLover’s mock-ups on her finger. Doing that, I estimate the central diamond itself to be about 8.75mm N/S/E/W (vs corner to corner).

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On second thought, I don’t think that’s right (my earlier comment re: 8.75mm) ... in looking at ~3ct diamonds on Blue Nile as well as a couple antiques on JbG, most of them range between 7.5 - 8 mm (N/S/E/W), so I’d say it’s probably in that range.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the wonderful help! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results