shape
carat
color
clarity

How early in advance should I...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Have various vendors search for my "perfect" radiant cut? We''re looking into buying a diamond for my ring at the end of March, no sooner, no later. When should I start having WF or Quest start helping me find the right one? I don''t want them to try to talk me into buying one now, I want March 31st/April 1st. I would feel bad having them check and then finding the right one, but I won''t be able to buy it until later. How long does it usually take for them to put out the feelers, so to speak?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It can''t hurt to start looking now to get what you want. Just let them know what you want and approximately when you will be buying your stone, and then if something comes in that''s right for you, they can give you a heads up!

Heather

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Heather. I don''t know why I didn''t think of that..
20.gif
I appreciate the help.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I would pretty much just lay your situation out for whomever you decide to deal with. I think you''re right to do it in advance since it''s a fancy stone. Radiants aren''t particularly uncommon but the rarer the stone cut the more in advance I suggest you look.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Garysax, I''ll step to it tomorrow! Start my month off right!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I agree just be upfront with the vendors. When I was shopping around for engagement ring quotes, I told places that I wasn''t planning on getting it made until August and everyone seemed fine with that. In fact, since I was going to be in the neighborhood (back in Dec.), Pete at Quest was dying to show me an EC Legacy like ring and also meet them. You''ll find that the people at Quest are very nice and laid back with no pressure. I can''t personally say the same about WF but they have a great reputation here so I''m sure they are the same way!
35.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
We are in almost the exact same position! We are planing a trip to New York around going to Good Old Gold for spring break but we weren''t sure when to ask them to start looking. It seems like too far away though!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I feel like it would be smarter to get this rolling now, like I was told earlier, a fancy stone like the one I hope to get (fancy!
36.gif
) has to be searched for. I''m just so excited now.. Yay! I ahve another question, if I find a stone I really like, but can pay for it in March (the time I specified), there is really no way a person could hold that for me, is there?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Amber! I think it depends on the vendor. When my fiance and I called the developer/cutter for two Jubilees, he sent both down to the jeweler we ended up purchasing from. The two stones stayed with the jeweler for 1 month before we purchased. My fiance did not put any money down for the stone but did pay for the setting. There was a little problem with fiances. So, I''m really not sure but I would definitely ask if I were you! Sorry I can''t be of more help.
3.gif

I''m so excited for you!!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results