shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this sound??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bug123

Rough_Rock
Can you give me any opinions/advice on this Round Brilliant I am about to buy...
Shape-ROund
WEight-1.07
Lab-EGL
Depth-61.4%
Table-58%
Crown-14.5%
Pavillion-43.5
Girdle-medium, faceted
Cutlet-pointed
polish-excellent
symmetry-excellent
Clarity-SI1
Color-H
FLuorescence-faint yellow
Comments-additional clouds not shown, ideal cut
Price-3900.00
***The diamond scored very high on all 4 categories on the cut advisor

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yellow Fluoro
frown.gif
(
EGL - is it USA or Israel?H SI1 could get a much lower grade from GIA.
Does the stone appear yellow and can yousee the inclusions?Have it sent to an appraiser.Cut looks good though.

Hi!My main concern would be the yellow fluoresence, and the clouds not shown comment as graded by EGL.GIA has stricter standards in grading than EGL, though EGL USA is making successful attempts at stricter grading, too...so it´s hard to know how accurately graded your diamond is. The yellow fluoresence might make the stone look yellow, and the clouds not shown might detract from it´s sparkle and brilliance and make it appear cloudy (even though it´s an ideal-cut stone)!If you´ve seen it, you can compare it to other stones and evaluate if the fluoresence or the clouds are affecting or not. If you haven´t seen it and are purchasing through the internet, then taking it to an appraiser is a good idea (only check on the seller´s refund policies first!)Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results