shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you Store or Display your Jewels? Need to buy some boxes...

LouiseOldani

Rough_Rock
Is there a site people recommend to buy good storage boxes for their jewelry. For Mother's Day I would like to take her jewelry, get it cleaned, and then but it in new boxes and in some sort of curio or countertop display case. Any ideas where to purchase quality ring boxes? Or Countertop display cases?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to have my jewelry on display but then again, I'd worry too much to ever do it. Burglaries are possible, plus we could all otherwise have a stranger in our home some time.

So, I'd prefer a safe that's inside a cabinet (not easily visible), at an accessible height (rather than on the floor), and attached to the wall in some way (so it can't be carried off).

Not very fun or romantic lol but that's my thought on it.

ETA: However, some jewels don't do well in safes; they can get dried out and crack. Pearls and maybe opals, for example.

Maybe a wall jewelry cabinet, hung in a locking closet?

https://www.amazon.com/SUPER-DEAL-J...ocphy=9027821&hvtargid=pla-707230211277&psc=1

knoxgirl

Rough_Rock
I have a standing armoir with a full length mirror on the front. It was from QVC or some such. It locks with a key. We got burglarized and the thieves didn’t realize it held my valuables. Key was in the lock, too. Now I keep it locked and take the key. I also hide a few of my most valuable pieces elsewhere. A safe would probably be a better idea.

They did take whatever I had left in an old standing jewelry box that I was planning to get rid of. Maybe the key is to have a decoy:lol:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a standing armoir with a full length mirror on the front. It was from QVC or some such. It locks with a key. We got burglarized and the thieves didn’t realize it held my valuables. Key was in the lock, too. Now I keep it locked and take the key. I also hide a few of my most valuable pieces elsewhere. A safe would probably be a better idea.

They did take whatever I had left in an old standing jewelry box that I was planning to get rid of. Maybe the key is to have a decoy:lol:
Yes, that’s the best plan.
I have a decoy box and a few hundred dollars sitting out nicely saying “take me and go”.
And the rings that look like diamonds are all actually CZ! Ha ha.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m trying to decide what to wear today.There’s an equal amount of baggies stuffed into the left zippered pouch...This can’t be normal! I need a better way to store my jewelry instead of little baggies in a roll...I don’t want to get a safe because we will be moving in a few years..I really need to thin my herd. I have way too many bands!:eek2:
AF162B79-F4C0-49B7-B778-9D5BA817398C.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best place to store more expensive pieces is not in a jewelry box and not in your bedroom or closet (unless you have a safe attached to the floor). I'd never put them in something like a shoe box (we found some of our mother's things in one before we donate them!), but put in something unlikely to be searched such as a cooler in a pantry, or something like that. I put mine in a place that would likely not be searched by a thief.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best place to store more expensive pieces is not in a jewelry box and not in your bedroom or closet (unless you have a safe attached to the floor). I'd never put them in something like a shoe box (we found some of our mother's things in one before we donate them!), but put in something unlikely to be searched such as a cooler in a pantry, or something like that. I put mine in a place that would likely not be searched by a thief.

This! As nice as it would be to ogle my jewelry all the time, I think it’s just too risky to have it ‘on display’, and I don’t have time to put it all up every time we run out for something.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @diamondseeker2006 That’s why I put my jewelry in little baggies. I put each earring in a baggie and then the other one inside the other one so the pair is one baggie. I was told not to store diamonds together because they will scratch..so that’s why I separate them. The jewelry roll holds a lot of jewelry this way.. I have some good hiding places...I need to figure out how to sell things..:roll2:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tend to not wear my pieces if they are too hard to get to, my husband got worried about me leaving them out so he installed a small safe inside wall cavity for me. I still leave a few less expensive pieces out as decoy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what we went with to store all my moms jewelry. We want her to enjoy it, and tell all the grandkids the stories about all the pieces.... Cant find the pics once everything got loaded in there.

IMG_2664 3.jpeg IMG_2665 2.jpeg IMG_2663.jpeg IMG_2560.jpeg

https://www.storesupply.com/black-countertop-wood-display-case-65305.aspx

https://www.containerstore.com/s?source=form&refinements=&q=stackers&submit=
That is some present for your mom! I bet she loved it! I would love to put mine all in something pretty like that..but trying to hide it would be hard...One day when I get a safe I want to get something like that.

LouiseOldani

Rough_Rock
Thanks, It was a fun present that's for sure. And she was thrilled. She talked about it for days...
All the siblings went together for it so it wasn't too bad. Her husband died several years ago, and he bought her many special things and I think she may have to move out of her house soon, so we really wanted to honor all of that, and her.

You only go through this life once, right, so might as well go all in...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know where to hide mine
ive also hidden a few too well and can't find them
almost everything is still in their boxes they came
i like the idea of decoys
the jewlery i have of my mother's is in a pillowcase ......
i need help

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know where to hide mine
ive also hidden a few too well and can't find them
almost everything is still in their boxes they came
i like the idea of decoys
the jewlery i have of my mother's is in a pillowcase ......
i need help
I’ve done that too..forgetting where I hid something...Now I have the quilted pouch so it’s all in one place. I move it around depending on where I am...I take it with me to Maryland when we go...In Pa I put it in two places that I think are great hiding places. My daughter in law knows one of them but it’s hard to get to on a daily basis so I stick it in an obvious but not too obvious place. I think it’s safe there...at least I hope so!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what we went with to store all my moms jewelry. We want her to enjoy it, and tell all the grandkids the stories about all the pieces.... Cant find the pics once everything got loaded in there.

IMG_2664 3.jpeg IMG_2665 2.jpeg IMG_2663.jpeg IMG_2560.jpeg

https://www.storesupply.com/black-countertop-wood-display-case-65305.aspx

https://www.containerstore.com/s?source=form&refinements=&q=stackers&submit=

Love this. What a beautiful way to display one's jewels. :love:

I’ve done that too..forgetting where I hid something...Now I have the quilted pouch so it’s all in one place. I move it around depending on where I am...I take it with me to Maryland when we go...In Pa I put it in two places that I think are great hiding places. My daughter in law knows one of them but it’s hard to get to on a daily basis so I stick it in an obvious but not too obvious place. I think it’s safe there...at least I hope so!

Joanne, I am a big believer in home security. Think about getting a home safe bolted to the floor and/or wall. It's peace of mind.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this. What a beautiful way to display one's jewels. :love:

Joanne, I am a big believer in home security. Think about getting a home safe bolted to the floor and/or wall. It's peace of mind.
I would do that missy but since I know we’ll be moving..I’m hesitant to do that because a potential buyer may not want it. It also has carpet in there..so we would have to have it cut out..The next house will have all hardwood floors...I have it only in the bedrooms but I don’t like wall to wall carpet. It was a hubby concession..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do that missy but since I know we’ll be moving..I’m hesitant to do that because a potential buyer may not want it. It also has carpet in there..so we would have to have it cut out..The next house will have all hardwood floors...I have it only in the bedrooms but I don’t like wall to wall carpet. It was a hubby concession..

That makes sense Joanne and when you do move then you can install a home safe. And I am a big fan of all hardwood floors. Good for allergies and easy to clean and looks beautiful too. But I digress.:sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results