shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you stand waiting? :D What are you waiting for?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one ring being resized and two being appraised and I miss them! Haha I’m so impatient! I keep waiting for the jeweller to call me and I’m so close to casually dropping by and checking up on the rings... but I know that’s pointless. They’ll call when they’re ready.

How do you deal with the waiting? What are you waiting for? :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also get nervous. Like, what if they get robbed??

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am very impatient. I have been waiting (not jewellery related)
* to move house for about 8 years. We looked at houses last year and then DF decided he wanted a change of career. Took a few months off that became 15. He is trying now... but still. Slight bone of contention now, can you tell? I was patient earlier on.
* to get married. He told me before we got engaged he didn't believe in long engagements. It's been 2.5 yrs now.
* my apple watch died and I've been waiting for a week for Apple to send me a box to send it back for repair/replacement. They tried to deliver it today while I was at work and DF wasn't home.

I hate waiting, but what can you do?

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was also impatient when my ring was being sized and when it had a side stone replaced. So yeah, I have waited for jewellery.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8)You’re right, waiting is a part of life! So hard though. I wonder if there is a way for me to be zen about this.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* to move house for about 8 years. We looked at houses last year and then DF decided he wanted a change of career. Took a few months off that became 15. He is trying now... but still. Slight bone of contention now, can you tell? I was patient earlier on.
* to get married. He told me before we got engaged he didn't believe in long engagements. It's been 2.5 yrs now.
* my apple watch died and I've been waiting for a week for Apple to send me a box to send it back for repair/replacement. They tried to deliver it today while I was at work and DF wasn't home.

Hope you get a new home and a wedding soon! <3
I was also impatient when my ring was being sized and when it had a side stone replaced. So yeah, I have waited for jewellery.

So you remember how long it took? Is that your ring in the avatar? Looks GORGEOUS!!!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope you get a new home and a wedding soon! <3

So you remember how long it took? Is that your ring in the avatar? Looks GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks!
It was about a week for the sizing and 2 for the stone replacement. I think it was longer because of the time we took the ring back to the antique dealer and the day she actually took it to her jeweller person, and then the day we could go and get it back again. The shop is about 40 miles away from where we live.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, the worst part is that I can’t remember when I dropped everything off! So I don’t have a good sense of how much time has passed lol

I have a baby so time moves quickly and slowly.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am currently waiting on my setting to come back from James Allen. It’s been gone for 2.5 weeks. After only having it for 2 weeks. So in the last 6 weeks I have only had my ring for 2 weeks. Allegedly it’s shipping today and being delivered tomorrow.

The jeweler I go to usually takes days if not weeks for each job. On the one hand, he's great with keeping me up-to-date so at least I'm not left wondering how are things going. On the other hand, it's a bit of a letdown when I mistakenly think, "Yay! My shinies are ready!"...only to be told something like, "Oh I'm just getting started on your ring. It should be ready in a few days. Call you later!"

When I'm feeling really impatient and it's with one of my simpler/cheaper items, there is a mall kiosk jewelry repair guy near my work who actually does a surprisingly good job (even with gemstones!) in under an hour. Gives me just enough time to do a loop around the mall and then come back for my shinies!

I am currently waiting on my setting to come back from James Allen. It’s been gone for 2.5 weeks. After only having it for 2 weeks. So in the last 6 weeks I have only had my ring for 2 weeks. Allegedly it’s shipping today and being delivered tomorrow.
Waiting sucks. Hope your setting arrives safely and early tomorrow!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You’re not impatient. You are a SAINT.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Find a new hobby. I started following the NBA playoffs and the summer free agent season. If I know an approximate time line I can handle it. I have a project now that can last 6-8 months and the steps will actually take that long. Gives me something to anticipate around Christmas.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re not impatient. You are a SAINT.

He makes up for it in other ways :D He's looking after us all (doing everything around the house so I hardly have to do anything). We physically couldn't move before 2 years ago, my job wasn't permanent before that. Once he's sorted again hopefully we'll be able to move forward.

bibs

Rough_Rock
I sent my T&C Lucida diamond wedding band to get fixed. The quote has taken 11 days and now another 2 weeks to fix. I know it will be worth the wait when I get it back. But I only had it for 5 days before I sent it away for repair.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I waited for my upgrade for (I think it was) 3 weeks, I was losing my damn mind. I scoured all of PS for every post that mentioned "I" color or ACA or ANYTHING remotely resembling either of those.

Caly27

Rough_Rock
Hope you get the all's ready call soon! I'm waiting for a proposal. I've seen the ring, and I know where it is. But he's asked me not to look at it again or put it on until it happens so I haven't. As far as coping, every two days I ask him if it's still pretty. If it doesn't happen soon though, I might go full on Gollum. :pray:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you get the all's ready call soon! I'm waiting for a proposal. I've seen the ring, and I know where it is. But he's asked me not to look at it again or put it on until it happens so I haven't. As far as coping, every two days I ask him if it's still pretty. If it doesn't happen soon though, I might go full on Gollum. :pray:

Haha ok you win!!!! “Full-on Gollum” lol that’s how I feel!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m also going crazy because I can’t find a gorgeous antique french locket that I bought when my baby was born. I was going to put a pic of her in it. And now I can’t find it! I’ve turned the house upside down. And I was so sleep-deprived, I have no hope of remembering where I might have put it. Agh.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Got into the CS forum, started a thread to ask for advice for next week’s local jewelry show, bought magnifying glasses, asked DH to find an electronic scope for me... hate waiting...

Maybe I’ll go and see the video @Wink did of my diamond...

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think a balance is important between being patient and letting something go on for too long without setting boundaries. When I had my ring sent in for a small change in setting it felt like forever to get it back but it will come back soon when and you’ll be happy with it as if it never was gone.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m waiting, along with someone else, for a project to be completed. Any day now we hope.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just found a small OEC that I love and I am waiting for it to be set. Once I made up my mind, now begins the second guessing and the waiting!;)2

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband also broke his leg and I am waiting for him to heal! It's tough coming home from work every day to change into my nurse/maid Costume/role!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting to get a 3-stone CS ring made. We keep getting unplanned for big bills (3-trees removed due to winter storms, porch damaged by the same, private school tuition for my son). My bling budget just keeps getting used for more sensible purposes. I survive by living vicariously through others here on PS! (and quilting from my stash!).

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My WR is in the shop. Went in, yesterday, and is supposed to be ready, later, today. I feel naked, without it. I can’t imagine waiting for days or weeks to get it back!! Gah!!! :eek2:

I agree with @LLJsmom, @LJsapphire, you are a saint!! DH & I had our own battle to fight to be able to move on in our lives, together. He was separated, but not legally divorced, when we started our relationship. He was already out of the house, and had left her long before I came into his life, so I am not the cause for the dismantlement of their marriage.
He filed for divorce, after waiting for her to fulfill her intent to file, and she dragged it out for almost 2 years.
We had shopped for diamonds & rings, during that process, and I had no expectations of an engagement ring until said divorce was final. My mother’s health started to fail, monumentally, with Alzheimer’s disease. We realized our plans for a long Engagement (we wanted to save money & get married in 2020) were going to have to be changed, quickly. Things became very stressful because of the waiting process of the divorce, and our unexpected haste to plan a wedding in just 8 weeks.
I didn’t know about the ring, until a few months before our “estimated” wedding date. It was by accident, really, but I never looked; never opened the box. We were in the process of moving my mother into her facility, and I decided to switch out our dresser, and keep hers (it belonged to my Grandmother). I had to empty out the contents of our dresser, and he panicked & told me not to look in one of the drawers. I was to instruct my son to get the bag out & put it somewhere else. Well, I’m no dummy...lol!! The box was inside that bag. Worst part? It was due for inspection and cleaning...even though I hadn’t even worn it. So, I took the box with other pieces that needed to be cleaned & inspected, handed it all over & walked away. I told the jeweler I didn’t want to see it, until he put it on my hand. Talk about TORTURE!!
Overhearing them “ooh & awe” over it made it even worse...lol!
For the next 2 months, it was agonizing. I knew he had it. I knew where it was. I knew I couldn’t have it, until SHE finalized everything, the judge signed off on the papers, and that decree was in our hands. It was torture. Absolute torture. HELL. I was living in HELL.

Our relationship was strained over the entire situation; divorce, and near-nuptials being so close to each other. We were walking a tight rope. I thought for sure, it would snap.

To give you a clear understanding: here is the timeline:
Aug., 2013: Relationship Begins
2013-2015: EX-Wife promises to file for “uncontested divorce”.
Feb., 2015: Divorce is Filed by us.
Dec., 2015: We agree to start saving money to get married in 2020.
Feb., 2016: open a joint bank acct and start shopping for engagement rings.
August, 2016: Mother’s Health Fails, we have to move her into a facility, and wedding plans start taking shape.
I discover the ring box. :oops2:
September, 2016: We establish two estimated wedding dates: 11/27/2016, and 01/07/2017. His Anniversary with wife #1 is in December. The number 12 was never going to be included in mine. ;)2
Oct. 23, 2016, DH decides to surprise me by proposing, in spite of the fact that the divorce is not officially final. :mrgreen2:
Oct. 31, 2016: I get the phone call: Mother’s Cognitive Functioning has declined. Her Dx goes from “Mild” to “Moderate-Severe”.
Nov. 10, 2016: Divorce is entered, signed & final.
Nov. 11, 2016: Divorce Decree is rec’d.
Nov. 14, 2016: Marriage Licence is Filed.
Nov. 18, 2016: Marriage License Rec’d.
Nov. 27, 2016: Wedding!! :kiss2:

I honestly have no idea how we survived this, and kept it all together. Throughout everything, no matter how strained things were, it brought us closer together, rather than tearing us apart. I think the realization that none of this was our doing, and we had no real control of it helped us focus on our relationship, and making the best of the situation, at the time.
I made everything for our wedding, so I was greatly distracted with crafting, shopping, and composing that I didn’t really have time to think about the negative. The only time I was forced to think about it was when emails from the attorney came, and we had to discuss things about the divorce. Of course, every time that happened, it sucked the life out of my happy place, and made it more difficult for me to get excited about getting married.
We got through it. I was still able to get caught up in the experience: dress shopping, wedding rings, flowers, cake, invitations, announcements, venue exploring, menu selections, etc.
It was worth it, in the end, to be able to have our ceremony with my mother present. To know she was able to participate in the handfasting with my MIL, and to witness our union before she no longer knew who we were was priceless. She had waited over 40 years to watch her only daughter get married, so it was a blessing to make her wish come true.

I believe there should be a balance between patience and creating boundaries.
The one thing I did, when we were dating, was get a clear picture of what he considered to be one thing, compared to what I considered that one thing to be.
Example: a reasonable time to date before he was ready to take that leap of faith with me, in marriage. He had dated her for 7 years before they married. Ummm...they started dating in 8th grade. They were married in their early 20’s, and stayed married for 16 years, almost 17, and were together for 25 years...with 4 kids. Tough competition for me.
We weren’t teenagers, or in our 20’s; we were pushing 40. There was no way I was waiting for 7 years for him to decide if he wanted to get married.
I made that clear. He had a max of 3 years to make that decision. I told him that if he wanted to get engaged, and have a long engagement, I was on board. But, he needed to “put a ring on it” in that 3 years time, or walk. A “long engagement” meant a wedding by 2020. Patient...with boundaries. He had no doubt where I stood, or what I expected. He had a choice: follow the path with me, and figure it out, or leave the relationship, and follow his own path. We had 6 kids to consider in our situation. My kids love him, and they wanted us to get married. I wanted to be fair to all 6; his 4 were still dealing with their parents’ split, and trying to live with the fact that “mom & Dad were getting divorced”. Being sensitive to everyone was not easy. Especially, when he had to explain that he was happier with me than he was with their mother...and he was not coming “home”. If we could have had everyone under one roof, we would have. We just didn’t have the resources to make that happen. His kids were old enough to choose where they wanted to live, and in spite of the fact that she is a disaster, and a poster board case of “unfit parenting”, they remained with her. Now that they are older, and graduating high school, they are fighting to get out of her house...far from her.
We remain a stable & loving “sanctuary” environment for them to “decompress”, and feel safe. Both of us encourage them, and support them.

Perhaps, you need to find out what his definition of “long engagement” is? Unless, he had not intended to have a long engagement, but...life kinda happened? Sometimes, things take longer than expected.
I’m happy to hear things are looking up & he’s getting things back on track.
I do hope you find your home & hear wedding bells within the next year or two!!!

Staying busy will help distract from the things that stress you out! It helps to pass the time, when you feel impatient.

I am forced to wait until next year to start my Asscher Band Project. I am enjoying them, loose, taking photos, and videos of them in different lighting conditions. I clean them, periodically, and let them breathe. I’m also enjoying visiting other ideas, for future anniversaries/birthdays/holidays...lol!
Yesterday, I got to play at the jeweler’s. I tried on RG stackers, and compared diamonds on my hand, just in case, someday, I decide to upgrade, or change my center stone. Honestly, I don’t see my taste in cut changing. That was a monumental lesson, for me. As much as I appreciate every cut & shape diamond Mother Earth has to offer, I just cannot imagine looking at my hand, and seeing anything but a step cut diamond flashing back at me.
It was fun, and kept my mind off of the thought that I have to wait to have my Asscher Band. She’s still my priority, but I’m gonna enjoy bling, even if I can’t wear it, right now. :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results