shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you guys take pictures for this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I have a bunch of you waiting to see my 25th anniversary ring and I''m hung up on how to take a picture. I have a Fugi digital camera but can''t seem to get a good close up of it. I do have a traditional Nikon SLR with a good close up lense. Am I going to have to use that one and then scan it (with the scanner I would have to buy at Best Buy)?

How do you guys do it? Do you have really good SLR digitals?

Suz

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Does your digital have a little drawing of a tulip-like flower on it somewhere? If so, that's the setting that lets you get really close to take the picture...

If not, back up until the camera is able to focus, and take a picture at the highest possible resolution. Then you'll have to crop it down in some image editing program.

Hope that helps!
1.gif

sparker

Shiny_Rock
It has an icon of a portrait. I'll try your suggestion and let you know. Thanks

Suz

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Do what q said--get the "macro" thingy (I have the little flower too) and I also use a magnifying glass in from of the lens or a 10X loupe....being steady and getting the right focus takes practice...take it from one who knows (and knows and knows and knows...
2.gif
)
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results