shape
carat
color
clarity

How do we check small diamonds sparkle? What is the best way to do it?

Caglapek

Rough_Rock
Hi I got one half eternity from Bluenile and one from Bloomingdales. I'm trying to figure which one to keep. How do I understand the sparkle of them? Is there any way to do this?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stand in a room with overhead spotlighting, such as a retail jewelry store. Look at both rings at the same time and compare them. Buy the one you prefer. At least in such a situation, both will sparkle and the lighting is the same. An easy task.

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi I got one half eternity from Bluenile and one from Bloomingdales. I'm trying to figure which one to keep. How do I understand the sparkle of them? Is there any way to do this?

@oldminer identified great conditions for generating sparkle. Diamond beauty is all about lighting, lighting, lighting.

If you're interested in a deeper dive, here are instructions for making comparisons in a number of different lighting conditions, and what to look for.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, I would try comparing them in an environment where you spend much of your time to see which diamond you love best. For example if you spend most of your time indoors under fluorescent lighting which diamond would you prefer because that is where you will be seeing it most. Or if you spend your time outdoors which diamond do you prefer outside? It makes sense to evaluate each one where you will be seeing it the most.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results