shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I achieve this look?

bballj228

Rough_Rock
Might be a dumb question but can someone help explain how or why this rb looks like this? is it fluorescence? is it a shallower cut?

unnamed.jpg

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a basic modern round brilliant H&A cut to me? Noticed the star and the table form a square (no concave sides), which does create a certain look. I don’t know what else to say about the diamond cut from just that photo. I think the best answer is: decent cut, lighting and photography and a high color diamond?

Maybe you can help me out by saying exactly what it is about this diamond’s look that you think is different from a regular H&A round brilliant cut?

Maybe more expert eyes will know exactly what you mean :twirl:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I know who this vendor is! Not sure of the cut but the IG post says it’s a 2 ct, F color, VS1. The rest looks kind of standard to me too, but I’m not an expert.

bballj228

Rough_Rock
Looks like a basic modern round brilliant H&A cut to me? Noticed the star and the table form a square (no concave sides), which does create a certain look. I don’t know what else to say about the diamond cut from just that photo. I think the best answer is: decent cut, lighting and photography and a high color diamond?

Maybe you can help me out by saying exactly what it is about this diamond’s look that you think is different from a regular H&A round brilliant cut?

Maybe more expert eyes will know exactly what you mean :twirl:

i think thats what i like about it, the star and table form a square. is that a bad thing? i'm new to this and just purchased an aca. i'm waiting for it to arrive but this type of diamond always catches my eye when i see one. i guess it photographs well but probably does not perform well?

@gm89uk - thanks, i think that helps me get a better idea. i don't have the report and dont think ill be able to get it.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How they look on close observation in magnified photos is less important compared to the difference in optical performance, which is impossible to tell from a photo. Optical performance will be noticed by most average consumers, such as the difference in sctinillation, fire and brightness.

Only more interested consumers would look at individual facet reflections from the arrows and appreciate the difference in structural look that you get on highly magnified photos.

I don't expect that diamond to be a great performer, there are obvious areas of leakage (you can see straight through the table like at 10 to 11 o'clock). As it's a tilted single photo, I don't have enough information, but I can see enough to not want one.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White cover on the back of the phone / camera.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
i think thats what i like about it, the star and table form a square. is that a bad thing? i'm new to this and just purchased an aca. i'm waiting for it to arrive but this type of diamond always catches my eye when i see one. i guess it photographs well but probably does not perform well?

@gm89uk - thanks, i think that helps me get a better idea. i don't have the report and dont think ill be able to get it.

That square pattern is not a good or bad thing, just how the facets measure and come together - some people like it when the “sides” are straight (even when they’re not, it’s a ver very slight curve), so it’s a preference thing ... but overall, judging from good observations by others, the cut of this diamond isn’t good - but it has nothing to do with that square type pattern.

I’m still not sure what you mean by “this type of diamond” ... was it just that?

I think @mrs-b is on to something! The white of a white iPhone cover will reflect in the diamond.

Your ACA will look better!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me thisblooks like a good to vg cut diamond. I would call it a MRB I would not call it an H&A

bballj228

Rough_Rock
@kmoro @gm89uk @mrs-b thanks for your replies! i feel much more comfortable now. i think i was just second guessing myself.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the stone is deep; not a good cut. It’s angled like that to the camera to try to get as much brightness as possible to show (my early modern brilliant looks a lot like this).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results