shape
carat
color
clarity

How best to show off cut corners of Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Just Looking2

Rough_Rock
I am researching a new setting for my 1.06 carat Asscher. I really love the cut corners on the Asschers, but the corners of my stone seem to be a bit narrower than others that I have seen, so I am looking for advice on how to best display the corners when I have the stone re-set. I have seen a few posts about split prongs, but it seems that split prongs are generally recommended for larger stones. My current setting has ball prongs, and I was wondering whether claw prongs would be better in terms of showing off the corners.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

12hj34uy.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
RA.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW..that''s a beautiful ring!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Hi JL2! My SO is still keeping my ring hostage
1.gif
, so I cannot post pics unfortunately. But, I have a 3/4 Asscher and we worked with JA and decided to do a single claw prong to highlight both the octagonal shape while being dainty. Two prongs can be done on smaller stones, but not equally. If you don''t want to work with a very high quality merchant, this, to me, sounded like the way to go. I haven''t seen it yet (have to wait until the proposal--boo!), but my SO assures me that it looks really nice with the single claw prongs.

Good luck!

Just Looking2

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response Katamari,
I am actually also considering using JA. I am looking for a very simple platinum solitaire setting, and I am interested in the two 2mm settings at JA - the comfort fit and the knife edge. I will have to ask whether they could do a claw prong with these settings. What type of setting is yours?

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
My ring has split prongs, and I think they look great with the clipped corners.

Pictures are here

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i had the same dilemma and i decided to bezel mine. i couldn''t be happier!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 5:32:09 PM
Author: Just Looking2
Thank you for your response Katamari,

I am actually also considering using JA. I am looking for a very simple platinum solitaire setting, and I am interested in the two 2mm settings at JA - the comfort fit and the knife edge. I will have to ask whether they could do a claw prong with these settings. What type of setting is yours?

np. I got the 2.2 mm comfort wire basket setting in platinum. I love clean and classic (hence the Asscher) and JA modified the setting to a single claw setting for a very small customization fee. I was also looking at the 2 mm comfort and it would have still been just a smidge extra.

Hopefully I will have pics to post soon! Good luck1
1.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I also have an asscher and opted for the single claw prong to really show off the cut corners.
I think the double prongs look best on real large stones 5+ (but that''s just my opinion)

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
single claws are best for narrower shoulders.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
For yours, I too would have gone with single prongs.

My husband wanted to highlight the clipped corners of mine so he also went with a bezel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results