shape
carat
color
clarity

How badly do you want new BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 Scale)

How badly are you wanting a new piece of BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 scale)

• 10 - I'm obsessed, its all I think about!

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • 9 - I really, really, really want one!

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • 8 - It would lift my spirits very, very much!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 7 - It would be awesome!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 6 - It would be very nice

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • 5 - It would be nice

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 4 - It crosses my mind sometimes

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 3 - Once in a great while it crosses my mind

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 2 - I'd take one if someone gave it to me, but I don't think about it

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1 - I don't want any new bling at the moment

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
It’s literally all I’m thinking about :lol::lol:

I’m trying to decide between changing my solitaire to a 3 stone or making an OEC eternity band to go with my solitaire...I’m obsessed and can’t think about anything else

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve always, always wanted a rose cut ring. When an opportunity came to buy one and have it made, I gave it to my sister. And she loved it!

Now, I’ve been looking at portrait or asscher cut diamonds.. This time, it’ll be mine:D

That is so nice of you! Lucky sister!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always have projects in mind! However, 2020 was mostly VCA and one WF DBTY necklace for a diamond piece. My Christmas/anniversary gift does have a little bit of diamonds in it, though!

On my mind for 2021 or later is a bezel set tennis bracelet from Whiteflash (the setting would be special order because they only have the semi bezel in regular stock), because I think it looks a little more casual than prong set.

braceletbezel.jpg

The other thing I am contemplating is upgrading my studs ONE FINAL TIME to 1.5 cts each. I made a very small upgrade last time to what I thought was my mental limit, but I have room for much larger studs! I have a limit of how much money I'd want to put into them, though.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I always have projects in mind! However, 2020 was mostly VCA and one WF DBTY necklace for a diamond piece. My Christmas/anniversary gift does have a little bit of diamonds in it, though!

On my mind for 2021 or later is a bezel set tennis bracelet from Whiteflash (the setting would be special order because they only have the semi bezel in regular stock), because I think it looks a little more casual than prong set.

braceletbezel.jpg

The other thing I am contemplating is upgrading my studs ONE FINAL TIME to 1.5 cts each. I made a very small upgrade last time to what I thought was my mental limit, but I have room for much larger studs! I have a limit of how much money I'd want to put into them, though.

Those are two lovely and classic projects. Can't wait to see what you select. And you are teasing us with your hint about an upcoming Xmas gift! Inquiring minds want to know the details!

I have stud upgrades and a tennis bracelet on my wishlist too, though for me they'll be a big pause between the studs and the bracelet as I regroup my funds. Its funny how we "grow" into the size of the diamonds we have and then get the itch to upgrade them. Before I bought my 2 ctw studs I was worried that they would be too large. Now I want larger very badly!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It’s literally all I’m thinking about :lol::lol:

I’m trying to decide between changing my solitaire to a 3 stone or making an OEC eternity band to go with my solitaire...I’m obsessed and can’t think about anything else

I totally get it! Keep us posted which way you go!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm still wanting my earring upgrade but its a dull roar. Economic what ifs hold me back though I absolutely can pay cash right now, my brain is like "but what if (fill in the blank) " I get tired of myself sometimes....lol

Well, that little voice in our heads is good sometimes. You'll get to your earring goal when the timing feels right for you. And we all look forward to seeing the result!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’ve always, always wanted a rose cut ring. When an opportunity came to buy one and have it made, I gave it to my sister. And she loved it!

Now, I’ve been looking at portrait or asscher cut diamonds.. This time, it’ll be mine:D

Such a sweet story. You are a kind sister, she is lucky to have you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’ll admit I’m obsessed right now. Last year I was supposed to upgrade to an aca. I did..but I purchased a few things first so didn’t have enough to get the specs I wanted in the upgrade. I knew I still would upgrade after Christmas and my birthday early January 2021. My plan was to buy a 2.5 Vs1 G last birthday..which would have made me happy and content. Whiteflash didn’t have 2.5 so I purchased a 2.78 vs2 I color. It was only temporary so I kiddingly named her Summer...last name Fling..:lol: I got comfortable with that size wearing her for ten months....Now I want to keep that size or go up a little..Darn DSS! So...I’ve been obsessing about selling Libby so I can put it all in the ACA. I don’t think I can do it..I will get money at the beginning of the year so @missy talked me down from the ledge so I don’t do anything rash....that I should wait...I’ve decided with all my obsessing that my order of considerations are..
1. Cut..which I don’t have to worry about about..
2. Color F or G
3. Clarity I’ll do vs2 but prefer vs1
4. Size...but I’m not getting a lentil...I’ll settle on the clarity a bit. I’m afraid of clouds..haha
Do I sound like a crazy person? I do even to myself! :loopy:

No you don't sound crazy! You have a goal and a plan to achieve it. Sounds logical and fun to me!

Some days my bling goals are the thing that gets me out of bed in the morning, they are that little carrot (or carat lol) that I need to get me to finish my work or tuck some money away here and there when possible.

We all look forward to seeing your new ACA next year! (And your current one is quite lovely too!)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm with you, sista! Not dying for it - but bling has always been a happy place for me, and I could do with some happy right now.

So - yes. Very nice.

I'm thinking about upgrading my 7 stone to a 5 stone with bigger diamonds, but in reality, I know I want a completely different look - and I do like my 7 stone ring - very much! So, really, it's not an upgrade I'm thinking about. I want to keep my 7 stone...and do a whole new 5 stone as well Yay! :- /

Also, I want to set all my .27s in a Nora setting, plus I want to use up all my leftover melee in a mosaic setting oval shaped ring (think Bella from Twilight), I need to set my 1.05 AVR in a platinum Gloria Floria, and I want a white, clean .75 - .8ct OEC to set into a new gypsy setting - also platinum. I've gone a bit nuts with yellow and rose gold recently, and my platinum ring collection is almost non-existent. Oh, the horror!!

I love the people who are on PriceScope, but say they either don't think about bling, or don't want it. Maybe we should put a link to some cooking websites at the top of this thread? :)) Altho...now that I think about it, they're perhaps people who were buying for others - mostly guys, I'm guessing - so perhaps we should add links to ESPN and the various online sports channels. Not that the sports world isn't as decimated as the bling world right now, of course, so those people are probably suffering as much as the rest of us!

Hugs to you all, PriceScopers!

Sounds like you have a list of fun projects to keep you going.

At what times do you see yourself wearing a 5 stone instead of a 7 stone (or vice versa?) Are these both RHRs, or do you wear them with your e-ring? Will they be different metals?

At some point down the road I need to pick your brain about having a 7 stone ring made. I have one on my wishlist and am not sure who can/should source the stones since they won't be rounds and I'm picky about cut.

In the meantime, tell us more about your 5 stone project! Inquiring minds want to know! (And this is a great time to expand your platinum collection!)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I definitely engage in retail therapy from time to time and bling is my guilty pleasure. I’ve been keeping it relatively reasonable though. Most finishing my one big project. And then indulging in some unique estate pieces or preloaded goodies now and then.

Well your new fancy colored diamond pendant/brooch is the bomb! I'b be high off that right now if it were mine!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I’ve saved so much ££££ by not going on holiday this year that despite my best intentions I’ve been buying!

So far, a Burmese spinel, which I am now having great fun deciding how to set, tiny demantoid garnet earrings, and lately a gorgeous piece of Afghan Lapis! Clearly I need some colour in my life as well as bling.

Hopefully I can now settle back and enjoy what I’ve bought!

Ohhhhh....these sound lovely! Yes, bring on the color! Can't wait to see how you will set your spinel. :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
ooops forgot to mention what i voted:roll2:

as i am juggling multiple jewelry projects, i voted 10:roll:

You have an amazing collection. We are all eagerly anticipating seeing your finished projects!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you don't sound crazy! You have a goal and a plan to achieve it. Sounds logical and fun to me!

Some days my bling goals are the thing that gets me out of bed in the morning, they are that little carrot (or carat lol) that I need to get me to finish my work or tuck some money away here and there when possible.

We all look forward to seeing your new ACA next year! (And your current one is quite lovely too!)

Thank you @RunningwithScissors....Anywhere but here I would be called crazy....haha I do believe it helps to be focused on something fun rather than what’s going on now.

Q

Queenie60

I'm in the midst of a huge overhaul (unsetting stuff, reorganizing and matching up diamonds, setting newly paired up diamonds) using all diamonds I already have, so not sure where I land. Currently working on a 7+ctw GIA J-K oec bangle (7-9 across the top, most likely collet set), RG 1.7ctw oec dangles, 2.8ctw 5 stone with peruzzi center flanked by oecs, and a giant oec cluster in the works. Also setting a 10ct cushion spess once it comes back from GIA. At the same time I'm also selling off massive amounts of loose stones that don't work in any projects I've been meaning to start, so it sorta evens out.:lol:

Can't wait to see your completed projects!!!!!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m still browsing eBay even though I can’t buy anything. The problem with Covid is that “signed for” postal delivery isn’t possible at present (here in Sydney, Australia) they just throw it on your Porch or attempt stuffing it in the letterbox (the unstuffing was not fun!).
So only items under $100.

This has been incredibly frustrating from an Aussie vendor's point of view; I really wish FedEx did domestic deliveries here as I'd just send everything through them, they are still managing to get my sales delivered to the US in less than 5 business days.

I sent off two packages on the same day a couple weeks ago; one via express post from Melbourne to Sydney and another FedEx express from Melbourne to Los Angeles.

FedEx made it first :shock:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've definitely had periods of being obsessed with gems, diamonds, settings etc. But this is not one of those times. Like some other people, had been working on house but mostly just "life" right now :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oooh yes...definitely thinking about it. Creating a multi-year list, HAH! Hope everyone likes pictures!!!

I am obsessively building out my plan for my "core" collection - similar to you @RunningwithScissors, but a different list!

• 2020: Finalize my 3-stone OEC e-ring (reset in the works)
  • 2020: 30th bday present - found my dream moonstone ring (done)
IMG-4005.jpg
  • 2021: Set my ~2.5c blue sapphire RHR - think I want something like this setting (platinum), but who knows what I will want tomorrow (maybe with a stacking band?)
1603251007022.png
  • 2021-2022: ~1tcw diamond studs, love this setting...ideal cut or OEC...I go back and forth
1603251164597.png

2022 onwards: Not "core", potentially this order...and subject to change :lol:
1603250788768.png

• Ruby or red spinel ring, in love this moi et toi, either an AVC / OMC
1603250844640.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oooh yes...definitely thinking about it. Creating a multi-year list, HAH! Hope everyone likes pictures!!!

I am obsessively building out my plan for my "core" collection - similar to you @RunningwithScissors, but a different list!

• 2020: Finalize my 3-stone OEC e-ring (reset in the works)
  • 2020: 30th bday present - found my dream moonstone ring (done)
IMG-4005.jpg
  • 2021: Set my ~2.5c blue sapphire RHR - think I want something like this setting (platinum), but who knows what I will want tomorrow (maybe with a stacking band?)
1603251007022.png
  • 2021-2022: ~1tcw diamond studs, love this setting...ideal cut or OEC...I go back and forth
1603251164597.png

2022 onwards: Not "core", potentially this order...and subject to change :lol:
1603250788768.png

• Ruby or red spinel ring, in love this moi et toi, either an AVC / OMC
1603250844640.png

Such a fun list! I love the pics you've included. Your moonstone ring is so feminine and lovely. And your other core pieces are classics! I look forward to seeing you "tick" them off the list one by one!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean Great nail polish color too! Do you mind if I ask what it is?

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I voted the other day that I don't want any new bling at the moment & now I have bought 4 pairs of tiny gold turquoise studs & a gold turquoise necklace!:roll2:

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
I can’t stop thinking about jewelry and it’s driving my husband crazy. I bought my first ACA to upgrade my three stone center. I’m a few months early from my 40th birthday but oh well.

I’m going to wait until mid-2021 to source another stone so I can upgrade my studs from .80ctw to 1.2-ish.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I’m late to the party, but thinking about jewelry is one of the few things keeping me sane right now! Also, I love hearing about everyone else’s bling fun.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am experiencing a jewellery mind meld.

cheers--Sharon

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results