shape
carat
color
clarity

How are your diamonds insured? Are there special companies that specialize in this?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone -

We are just finalizing the purchase of the stone for my e-ring (2.68 FVS2), and then it will be sent to Leon for setting. I called my insurance company yesterday to ask how much it will cost to add a rider to my home policy in order to ensure that the ring, once finished, is fully covered. The price that they quoted me is 40% more than the entire premium that I pay for my house and contents!

What I''m wondering is if there are insurance companies that specialize in insuring valuable pieces of jewelry? Or, are there other ideas I''m not thinking of? Any feedback or info would be most appreciated...

By the way, I live in Canada.

Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to check out Chubb and Jewelers Mutual. I did it through a separate rider like you are thinking of doing but I would call around if it sounds high. Do a search on Chubb and lots of suggestions will pop up (up top). Hope that helps and can''t wait to see your ring!!!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 1:59:33 PM
Author: newenglandgemlab
Happy New Year!

Jewelers Mutual or www.touchstone.com

Cindy
Both great recommendations. Some PS members like Chubb as well; Touchstone writes both Chubb and Gemshield policies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results