shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this radiant diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys,
of course it is better to see a diamond in person and radiant ones seem mor tricky than others in terms of evaluating cut etc. Nevertheless ... any opions on these specs? (I am looking for a rectangular shape)

Carat: 1.17
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 67.2%
Table: 65.00%
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Strong
Measurements: 7.23mm x 5.45mm x 3.66mm

Thanks!
S.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2008 10:59:19 AM
Author: coda72
I personally think I is too low of a color for a radiant unless you don't mind seeing some color. Here are a couple of other possibilities just in case:

http://www.abazias.com/builder/builder.asp?view=diamondsearch&flag=ps&selectedDiamond=36221845

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00923306

The girdle on the second one worries me slightly but it may still be a good possibility.
Coda makes a good point - hiya Coda!
35.gif

Radiants may show more tint than other shapes, so it would be good if you could get to a store and look at some GIA graded radiants of similar size and colour to get a feel for your preference. You may find an I is fine, but it can be a good idea to check. Also radiants need to be seen to be properly judged so if this is an online diamond, see if the vendor can give you photos of the diamond and an ASET image if possible. Alternatively, make sure that the vendor has a good return policy so you can return the diamond if it isn't for you, but it may be fine!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I was thinking that the fluorescence may offset the lower color ... ? Hm.

Found another one, though:
Cut RADIANT
Carat 0.77
Color F
Clarity VS2
Measurements 6.49 x 4.66 x 3.16 mm
Depth Percentage 67.8 %
Table Percentage 64 %
Girdle M-STK
Culet N
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence FAINT BLUE
Other Notes Beautiful spready live, nice model

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opinions vary on the helpfulness of fluorescence, but strong may do - also check with the vendor that the strong blue doesn''t have a negative effect on the diamond such as making it look cloudy, this is rare, but best to check.

I would see about getting some photos of these diamonds as we can''t tell much by the numbers really, some vendors are happy to oblige if you ask them.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Just talked to the vendor and they assured me that they check for milkiness and I should not have to worry about that. Anyway. I may just order it and have a look myself!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2008 12:02:59 PM
Author: sklingem
Just talked to the vendor and they assured me that they check for milkiness and I should not have to worry about that. Anyway. I may just order it and have a look myself!
Please keep us posted and some pictures would be great if you love the diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results