shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this princess??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ginny

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking awile, soaking up as much info as I can. I''ve learned so much from everyone! What do you think of this stone??

Princess GIA F VS1
Weight 1.01
Measurments 5.52x5.57
Crown Angle 41.4''
Crown Height 10.3% 0.7mm
Pavil Angle 39.2''
Pavil Depth 37.5% 2.07mm
Cutlet 1.1% 0.06mm
Table Size 70% 3.85mm
Total Depth 69.7% 3.85mm
Girdle 2.3% 0.13mm
It scores very high across the board on the Brillance Scope
Price $5289.

Thanks for any input!!
Virginia

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Should be a beautiful stone!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I'm assuming that pavilion depth is more like 57.5% instead of 37.5%.

Otherwise, I second Giangi. Looks like a great stone.

Ginny

Rough_Rock
the sarin says 37.5
confused.gif

Ginny

Rough_Rock
Rich, anyone?

Thanks,
Virginia

Bill D.

Rough_Rock
Hi Ginny:

The Sarin machine sometimes is inacurate for princesses, with a discrepancy which can't be explained by girdle variation or the definition of its thickness since it looks large. The issue is that there is a measurement issue. The correct value is depth-girdle-crown i.e about 3mm and not 2.07mm. I have noticed this on stones from other vendors as well. ;-)

Megascope measurements are more consistent. Ask for one or pick an appraiser that has such a machine. So don't worry about this issue too much. On paper it looks great (AGA class 1B I believe) and if there's something to worry about it is not this and appraiser will find it.

As far as the price is concerned, you may also want to check out something in G or H which may be larger for the same price or cheaper for the same size. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results