shape
carat
color
clarity

house hold chores that you dont mind doing

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Following from another thread by monarch64...

i thought... what are the household chore/s that you dont mind doing....

laundry- put in the machine and then taking out, in....
then there is ironing.. i dont mind doing that- let me be clear... only our ironing...not the inlaws or other extended family etc. lol.

i dont mind changing the sheets on the bed.. though i loathe folding fitted sheets.. as much as i try.. they are just difficult..

any others????

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love to do the cooking at home, I BBQ at least once a week and really enjoy that part of it but I just enjoy cooking in general. One of my specialties is chicken wings left to soak for a day in honey soy marinade and smoked over coals with hickory wood. Yum yum.

In the last 12 months you could probably count on both hands how many times my wife has cooked which is funny because when we first started dating I couldn't peel a potato properly. Now I'm the chef and she actually will ask me about flavours now :bigsmile:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love cooking (love to eat, and love my own cooking), also love folding laundry. So therapeutic!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to vacuum, iron, cook, bake, landscape work, clean windows & clean my diamond.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, here's a video on an easy way to fold fitted sheets: http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/laundry/fold-fitted-sheet

I don't mind cleaning out the refrigerators/freezers. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I feel a sense of gratification knowing that there are no science experiments lurking in corners or drawers in there. I have to check the garage fridge 1-2x a week because someone likes to stash to-go boxes in there and never gets around to eating them. Fries are NEVER good re-heated, why bother???

Vacuuming and laundry are others I don't mind.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I enjoy cleaning and organizing..I've been on some weird kick organizing my medicine cabinet daily, the last several days and I'm not sure why...some weirdness anyway. Once I've gone thru something-a closet, dresser, a set of cabinets, whatever, then I obsess over it for a day or so, going into open it and look and feel that "ahhhh" feeling that relaxes my mind and makes me feel on an even keel.

The only thing I get irritated about is say, vacuuming and then Trapper walks by w/a handful of crackers and no plate. Or I sweep and then I've no sooner put the broom away and preparing to mop, and JD walks thru w/his boots on and there's chunks of mud left behind. That kind of thing. PLEASE for the love of all that's true and good, let it be CLEAN for five effing minutes before you mess it up! :wall:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind swiffering and vacuuming the floors. It's instant satisfaction for not too much effort. I also don't mind making beds - it's quick and the whole room instantly looks so much better. I don't really mind dusting as that's quite quick, too. And I quite enjoy cooking. I put absolutely everything in the dishwasher because I can't bear doing the dishes by hand.

Q

Queenie60

I enjoy swiftering my kitchen/family room hardwood floors in the morning. The light that enters the room early in the morning shows all of the dirt and dust on the floor. Gives me great pleasure to clean it up. Also enjoy cooking, cooking is therapeutic for me. Like to organize cabinets. And of course, cleaning my jewelry!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cooking and general food prep including grocery shopping. I'm a good cook and I'm lucky that it comes easily to me. Cleaning up afterward on the other hand, UGH! Meal planning can get tedious/stressful though, always having to think about what to make. It was easier before we went on a low carb 'lifestyle.' It takes more thought now to figure out meals. But the longer we do it the easier it gets.

Folding laundry and sorting it. It's kind of soothing.

That's about it though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually enjoy grocery shopping. I like being around all that abundance and enjoy lots of choices. My dh thinks I was a depression era baby in another lifetime due to the fact I just love stocking up on things and having lots of extras on hand just in case.

I usually go with a list (even if it is only a list in my head) and I can be very efficient. In and out in no time. However if I have the time I enjoy perusing the aisles and checking it all out. I know. I'm weird that way. :cheeky:

When the stores are crowded though I shop efficiently and very quickly and am out of there ASAP. I hate shopping when it is crowded. Then it becomes a chore I don't enjoy.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I like to vacuum in neat little rows and I love landscaping (trimming shrubs, etc.).

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1453857650|3982076 said:
Greg, here's a video on an easy way to fold fitted sheets: http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/laundry/fold-fitted-sheet

I don't mind cleaning out the refrigerators/freezers. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I feel a sense of gratification knowing that there are no science experiments lurking in corners or drawers in there. I have to check the garage fridge 1-2x a week because someone likes to stash to-go boxes in there and never gets around to eating them. Fries are NEVER good re-heated, why bother???

Vacuuming and laundry are others I don't mind.

thanx for the tip....

oh yeah cleaning out fridge and freezer... i used to do that for mum and still do... yes, i get what you mean about no science experiments.....

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind doing:

Dishes (not so much when they're piled up or if we cook a few times in the day and have to do the *same* dish or pot several times :/ but in general I'll take doing dishes over almost anything else).

Laundry (washing and folding - hate putting away)

Bathrooms (least favorite is the shower but still not too bad)

Cleaning the kitchen sink (nice and shiny looks so nice)

Cleaning inside the fridge (low effort, high reward)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
vacuuming / mopping

folding laundry - I hate doing laundry and putting it away, but the in-between part -- the folding -- is one of my favorite chores.

decluttering

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont mind laundry. Vacuuming is ok too. I dont mind dusting either.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I don't mind taking care of my dog. My Lola needs a tremendous amount of snuggling. :)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind grocery shopping or cooking (we also sometimes do meal prep for the week, also don't mind that). I don't mind shoveling the snow, but sometimes my back hurts after. That's about it haha.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I like to load and empty the dishwasher because all the colors of my Fiesta ware make it fun. I like all the colors, they really brighten up my day.

fiesta.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
iLander|1453912504|3982366 said:
I like to load and empty the dishwasher because all the colors of my Fiesta ware make it fun. I like all the colors, they really brighten up my day.

I love my Fiesta ware too! I don't mind unloading the dishwasher and putting it away at all. My plates and bowls are so pretty and colorful.

I also don't mind laundry. Most of my stuff goes on hangers and I do that as I take it out of the dryer. My laundry room has a roomy rack to hang everything on. I love folding towels and even fold my undies nice and neatly. I hate folding sheets though. I keep one set on the bed and wash the extra set when I'm finished with all the laundry for the week so they can just stay in the dryer until it's time to change them again.

Oh and cleaning my jewelry. Very, very satisfying!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhhh I'm excited to redo our kitchen--I am buying Fiestaware!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1453947810|3982729 said:
ohhhh I'm excited to redo our kitchen--I am buying Fiestaware!

Yay! I love mine, I collect a bunch of colors. The cheapest place to buy, with all the odd little pieces is the factory website

https://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/

They have "colorama" which is fun to play with, it lets you try out different pieces and color combinations. The colors aren't 100% accurate though. If you sign up for the newsletter, they have a lot of sales. They just introduced a 3 piece Bistro place setting (google for pics) but it was only for 3 weeks, then they will phase them in over the year.

There are lots of stores with exclusive pieces, these include:

Macy's - pasta bowls and pasta set with giant shaker

Dillards - little footed bowl

Belk - a little square box with cover, I use it for sweetener packets

Never buy fiesta at a store unless it's on sale, they really jack it up. But sometimes they'll clearance out a few pieces and you can score big. :appl: Let me know what you get, I love to chat fiesta.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Opening wine bottles.

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that we have a washer and dryer in house, I love doing laundry. And I also love swiffering!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Fiestaware too!!!

Household chores that I love doing..hmm...

Well, I really love warming the couch with my rear end. I also like making sure that the freezer doesn't get too full of ice cream. Hmmm...I love testing the bath tub for leaks and tasting my husband's cooking. Coffee tasting in the morning is a tough job.

Sorry...

I love to cook. I am a gardening beast. I don't mind doing floors and bathrooms.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love cooking, and do not mind unloading the dishwasher.

DK :))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooo I am going to play with that color thing and decide on color combinations-how fun!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1454026773|3983258 said:
HI:

Opening wine bottles.

cheers--Sharon

:lol: :lol: :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

You win, Sharon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1454029125|3983275 said:
I love cooking, and do not mind unloading the dishwasher.

DK :))

I have no problem unloading the bottom rack (pots/pans, plates) except for the flatware/utensil holder basket thing, but I hate unloading the top rack with all the plastic storage ware and cups that still have water all over them. :doh: That one is like a 30/70 for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results