shape
carat
color
clarity

House cat paradise

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have anything designed or arranged for their cat(s)? What type of set up do your kitties like? Cat tree? Scratcher? Any pics of your cats lounging in their favorite places are very welcome in this thread. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Here is a story on a family that had a friend install neat kitty shelves & a runway for their cats. :wavey:

http://www.boredpanda.com/massachusetts-home-transformed-into-cats-paradise/
image_4367.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a cat tree in the basement we made from a bakers rack. Jd took it over for his clothes however so they don't use it much anymore since his crap is draped all over it. When we redo the house shortly it's in the plan to put up something cool in the living room for them.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I converted a breakfast room into a playroom for the cats with climbing shelves up the walls, a walkway 23" from the ceiling that goes around the room and a 6 ft rope covered climbing pole. Through out the house I have cat trees and cardboard scratchers and there is a 20 ft. x 12 ft screened patio for them with a couple of cat trees and their wading pool. I also have walkways linking the upper kitchen cabinets. The cat tree in the pic is 6 ft tall, expensive, but worth every penny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJq0LFG2PAw

cats_in_tree.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well we live in apartments so we do what we can. We have a lot of cat toys, various scratchers (both horizontal and vertical) including a cat tunnel, and three large cat trees, including this one:
http://www.catpowertower.com/home.html

If we are ever blessed enough to be able to buy our own house, then my husband would like to use one of the bedrooms as a "Cat-topia"

He's inspired by these images:

cat_jungle_gym.jpeg

cat_jungle_gym_2.jpg

schuyler-samperton-interior-design-hancock-park-12.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am lucky to live in a house in a cul de sac in a quiet neigbhourhood, and the cat is free to roam outside.

She is a tabby and a moggy, and definitely an outdoor cat. She p'ed in the house on the second day when I kept her indoors before she was chipped. So I reluctantly let her out, and was very relieved that she came back after surveying her new patch.

Love the pics and ideas of interior cat paradises, not only do they look good, they are also very functional!

Thanks for sharing.

DK :))

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1460251755|4017455 said:
We have a cat tree in the basement we made from a bakers rack. Jd took it over for his clothes however so they don't use it much anymore since his crap is draped all over it. When we redo the house shortly it's in the plan to put up something cool in the living room for them.

Great idea! I actually have an old bakers rack. I hadn't thought of converting it, but sounds like a good idea. :dance: Thanks for your input! :wavey:

Matata said:
I converted a breakfast room into a playroom for the cats with climbing shelves up the walls, a walkway 23" from the ceiling that goes around the room and a 6 ft rope covered climbing pole. Through out the house I have cat trees and cardboard scratchers and there is a 20 ft. x 12 ft screened patio for them with a couple of cat trees and their wading pool. I also have walkways linking the upper kitchen cabinets. The cat tree in the pic is 6 ft tall, expensive, but worth every penny.

Wow! Very cool pic & video! The cat tree is amazing! :appl: Do the cats use the patio a lot? We've been thinking of closing in one of the porches for their use. I think it's so cool to have cats that use a wading pool! It must be so fun to watch them navigate around your house! Thanks for sharing! :appl:

Gypsy said:
Well we live in apartments so we do what we can. We have a lot of cat toys, various scratchers (both horizontal and vertical) including a cat tunnel, and three large cat trees, including this one:

If we are ever blessed enough to be able to buy our own house, then my husband would like to use one of the bedrooms as a "Cat-topia"

Oh, I love the inspiration photos! A "Cat-topia" room sounds amazing! :dance: I know my cats would love that! We took down some shelving and a bridge to repaint. So now I'm trying to get ideas before we put the extra room back together. My DH thinks we could even put in an extra cat door to lead to an enclosed porch area. Btw, the cat tree is awesome! :appl: :appl: :appl: Thank you for chiming in with some helpful thoughts & pics. :wavey:

dk168 said:
I am lucky to live in a house in a cul de sac in a quiet neigbhourhood, and the cat is free to roam outside.

She is a tabby and a moggy, and definitely an outdoor cat. She p'ed in the house on the second day when I kept her indoors before she was chipped. So I reluctantly let her out, and was very relieved that she came back after surveying her new patch.

Love the pics and ideas of interior cat paradises, not only do they look good, they are also very functional!

Thanks for sharing.DK :))

Hey DK, it sounds like you have a very smart kitty! :appl: I am looking to enrich some of our space for our cats. The dogs have their own space so we are thinking the cats need a room too! I'm now wondering if we could even put bridges around the top of the dog room. I'm sure the cats would love to go up above the cabinets to taunt the doggies! Thanks for commenting. PS is so helpful with animal questions among other things. :dance:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby...my cats love being on the catio. They'll even go out for a few hours each day in winter and love to sleep out there at night when the weather is warm. Here's a pic. At the far end, their wading pool will take the place of the purple tent when the weather warms. I ordered the pet screen from Metro Screen Works and hired a local handyman to build the panels and install.

catio_4-10-2016.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Matata, thank you so much for the catio pic! :appl: :appl: :appl: Our porch is a little narrower, but I really think we could make it work. I can't wait to show my DH this pic. It helps to give an idea of what might work! I have a tunnel for the dogs, but never thought of leaving it up for the cats. What a great idea! I think your porch looks beautiful and has all sorts of mentally stimulating activity spots. Lots of nice places to relax too! Thanks again for your help. :wavey:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1460268174|4017506 said:

Wow! Those are impressive. I love the one on the wall along the stairway - and I love that they painted it the same color as the wall color so that it blends right in.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a floor to ceiling cat condo, but the cats prefer the human furniture nowadays. We have lots and lots of cat beds, so when we find the new favorite spot, we plunk down a cat bed. Right now, they like the day bed in the spare room :lol: :lol: :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1460340961|4017787 said:
Gypsy|1460268174|4017506 said:

Wow! Those are impressive. I love the one on the wall along the stairway - and I love that they painted it the same color as the wall color so that it blends right in.

This thread is just another reason why I know that PS pets are the luckiest pets in the world! :appl:

Your guys are treated great!

I agree with momhappy about the wall along the stairway - it looks like art! I love it!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1460263901|4017502 said:

Matata,

Just watched the video; what a great playroom!

That photo is too funny! Your handsome kids look like royalty living a very pampered life. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results