shape
carat
color
clarity

House Blessing Celebration...by Guru what to bring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
We have been invited to an Indian House Blessing Celebration.Sorry I don''t know much more.The Guru comes to the house to do some reading and Blessing.It takes few hours.Then comes the food etc.Since I don''t know any other people who have been invited I have no clue if gift is appropriate and at what point to give it.I wonder if anyone has been to a Celebration like this one and can help me out..Thanks

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *think* flowers would be a welcome gift. I don''t know why that rings a bell, but it does. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge or experience can chime in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try Google.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Yes flowers are always great.
Google may help also.Many thanks will google it out...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Is a House Blessing done as a House warming...as in a new house they just moved into? If so...

Have you ever seen my favorite movie in the world...It''s a Wonderful Life?

Well, Mr. Martini gets his very own home and Mary and George are there. Mary offers some meaningful gifts for a house warming.

Bread!
That this house may never know hunger.

Salt!
That life may always have flavor!

And wine!!
That joy and prosperity may reign forever.

You have to understand that in my minds eye, I live in Bedford Falls...anything in that script that may be usable in real life...well, I''m there. This is a perfect opportunity. I would present a basket filled with excelsior. Nestled within a beautiful large loaf of bakery bread...maybe knotted, a Pewter salt shaker, or just a Morton''s cardboard container...and a bottle of wine. Add a note to each item with the quote from Mary...and for added punch a little bell tied or hidden hanging from the handle of the basket...that reminds someone in the know the last line in the movie.

OR my boring non movie suggestions for house warming...sorry I don''t know what a blessing is... a personalized welcome mat...or doorknocker...or engraved name plate to go over the doorbell. You might find out what Language is spoken...(not sure if you mean Native American Indian, or The country India. If it is Native, find out what tribe, find a great saying, and engrave it on a plate at Things Remembered.

DKS

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Many thanks DKS:BTW your " googling " skills far exceed mine.I did give it a try with not much luck.
It all makes perfect sense all your suggestions are great.I now have a couple of weeks to get it all organized.Thanks you gave me plenty options.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Come back Scarleta and give more details!!!!
Sorry DKS: I missed this part of your post, so I did not answer..( I rushed to your link )
I have no more details just that the Guru , family members and friends will be there.I guess I will have more details after the Ceremony.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
This is probably the link you came across, DKS, but I thought it was interesting and figured I'd post it for other to see: http://basia.blog-city.com/indian_house_blessing.htm

Scarletta--I wouldn't think that they would expect you to know their customs, so I wouldn't worry too much about finding out what is traditional (since a quick google search seemed to give no clear answer). If you wanted to bring a gift, the standard housewarming/hostess gifts like flowers, a plant, bottle of wine, some homemade baked good, etc all seem perfectly appropriate.

ETA: I hope the blessing doesn't involve a cow!
3.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that link.I suspect it will look similar.From what I know no cow will be involved...Thanks now I am a bit more informed on this ritual..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results