shape
carat
color
clarity

Hotels Near Disneyland....Any Suggestions?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I hope this is the right forum to post this on. DH and I are going on a little trip minus the baby in April. We want to stay within walking distance from the park so we don't have to worry about shuttle schedules. Please share where you have stayed and what you liked or did not like about that location. Thanks!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I'm a Disneyland nerd and am a member of a Disneyland forum so I can definitely help you! I go several times a year.

For walking-distance hotels I would recommend Tropicana Inn, Camelot Inn (same owners), Best Western Park Place Inn, Park Vue Inn, or Ramada Inn Maingate. Candy Cane Inn is a really great one but a little farther. It does have a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes though. Those hotels are all definitely 3/5's in my opinion (not special - good for sleeping, showering, and I think they all offer free continental breakfast). but they are SOOOOOO close to the parks (even closer than the official Disneyland hotels) that it makes it worth it after a long day in the parks. The rate will run you about $109-$149 a night depending on when you go. Let me know if you have any other questions! I have stayed at all of the above. They are all pretty comparable and literally right across the street from the parks.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I've only stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn - It was nothing fancy, but directly across the street from the park entrance.

It's definitely seen better days, but it's a fine place to stay as long as you're not expecting too much. It's right next to a cheapish buffet restaurant which had some fairly tasty food. The continental breakfast was bagles, eggs and cereal. Not terrible, but not amazing. When we stayed there, it was full of band kids on feildtrip to play in parades at the park.

I'd be happy to stay there again.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It was years ago but we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and it was perfect for our family (2 adults, 2 kids). The shuttle was convenient and we were able to come back to the hotel in the afternoon, rest, swim, eat and then return to Disneyland for the eventing. Makes me want to go back!!!!! Hope you have a great time!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Hilton Anaheim, we have stayed there twice. Perfect for us!

Have fun! :wavey:

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
sonnyjane|1359679419|3369127 said:
I'm a Disneyland nerd and am a member of a Disneyland forum so I can definitely help you! I go several times a year.

For walking-distance hotels I would recommend Tropicana Inn, Camelot Inn (same owners), Best Western Park Place Inn, Park Vue Inn, or Ramada Inn Maingate. Candy Cane Inn is a really great one but a little farther. It does have a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes though. Those hotels are all definitely 3/5's in my opinion (not special - good for sleeping, showering, and I think they all offer free continental breakfast). but they are SOOOOOO close to the parks (even closer than the official Disneyland hotels) that it makes it worth it after a long day in the parks. The rate will run you about $109-$149 a night depending on when you go. Let me know if you have any other questions! I have stayed at all of the above. They are all pretty comparable and literally right across the street from the parks.

Hello sonnyjane,
Thanks for all the recommendations. We wanted to book the Park Vue Inn but they are full already. Did you ever have a negative experience with the manager at CCI? All of the negative reviews that I have read talk about how rude and difficult he was.

Since you are so familiar with DL can you recommend restaurants? We are open to in the park or hotels or within walking distance of the park.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
HopeDream|1359776845|3370236 said:
I've only stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn - It was nothing fancy, but directly across the street from the park entrance.

It's definitely seen better days, but it's a fine place to stay as long as you're not expecting too much. It's right next to a cheapish buffet restaurant which had some fairly tasty food. The continental breakfast was bagles, eggs and cereal. Not terrible, but not amazing. When we stayed there, it was full of band kids on feildtrip to play in parades at the park.

I'd be happy to stay there again.
Thanks HopeDream I'll check this one out!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
swingirl|1359797509|3370360 said:
It was years ago but we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and it was perfect for our family (2 adults, 2 kids). The shuttle was convenient and we were able to come back to the hotel in the afternoon, rest, swim, eat and then return to Disneyland for the eventing. Makes me want to go back!!!!! Hope you have a great time!
Thanks for the suggestion, a lot of people seem to like this place.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lucyloo|1359815271|3370426 said:
Hilton Anaheim, we have stayed there twice. Perfect for us!

Have fun! :wavey:
Was it pretty close? If not did they offer a shuttle free of charge?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first time I went, admittedly more than 6 years ago, we stayed at the Tropicana hotel. There were three kids, two adults and adjoining rooms. The rooms, probably like other hotels in the area, had microwave, refrigerator and sink (IIRC) so that you could almost do light cooking in your room if you wanted. It was literally right across from the Park entrance. Amazing. But there is really nothing special about it. It was fine - clean, convenient, etc. and at the time, I recommended it to everyone. My only hesitation for you is that you will not have kids and may want a slightly more relaxing and less family-oriented place. If that is the case, this hotel is not for you.

Since that time, when my kids were older, we stayed at one of the Disney land hotels - the one far away that has the great swimming pools. Its funny, it made no impression, one way or the other and I'm picky, so that's a good thing. Now come to think of it, I remember they had no amenities at all in the room (e.g., micro, coffee pot) and we joked it was Disney's way of making sure they extracted every penny from you - what, no coffee? That's okay, I'll just get one on the way to the park; oh look, there's one that "happens" to be conveniently located right outside the hotel! :lol: The big thing I remember is that its a fairly long walk for kids to the gates. There is a shuttle/tram thing and that's superconvenient, but we mainly walked. But all in all, except for allowing you access to early admission, there was really no compelling reason to stay at that disney hotel and probably would not stay there again.

I would, instead, opt for the Tropicana or sister hotel, as its so much cheaper and more convenient.

Have a great time sans baby!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Not a hotel suggestion, but might be useful,

If you don't like waiting in lines and don't mind dashing all over the park, using ridemax http://www.ridemax.com/ to plan your itinnerary might be a good idea.

I've been to Disneyland twice - the first time we just wandered around and rode rides as they came up. The second time we used ridemax and rode about twice as many rides in about the same amount of time. I was quite surprised - we decided to use it mostly as an experiment, but it actually reduced line time significantly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results