shape
carat
color
clarity

Honeymoon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ToBeWifey

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I are getting married on July 22, 2006! But we cant seem to decide on the perfect honeymoon location. Please help!!! The specifics we both are looking for is a private and secluded place, with a private pool just for us. Activities like hikes, horse back riding and picnics and shopping. We just want to relax and feel like there is no one else in the world for most of the time. We were considering Tahit, Fiji and Malta but cant seem to make a decision. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
We were considering Tahiti and Fiji, but they were a little out of our price range. Fiji is great for privacy and seclusion. We''re now considering a Sandals all-inclusive on St. Lucia. They have gorgeous suites with private pools and awesome views. The second suite on this page is the one we love.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
tahiti is not worth going to unless you are giong to beautiful bora bora or T''ahaa etc. It is ok for a short night stopover but not a long stay. We stayed there for two nights then departed to bora bora. IMO..Tahiti is dirty, sort of scary and mostly a tourist trap.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
we just booked our honeymoon, and it has the seclusion beach part you''re looking for, but not the horseback riding/private pool component.

it''s in the grenadines...maybe check out some fun travel mags for ideas!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
lovelylulu--where are you going?

Apollo

Rough_Rock
I''m baised......I say FIJI for sure! I was born there and left when I was 7. But two years ago my sister decided to have a DW there (my grandparents still live there) and it was amazing. A lot of my sisters co-workers and friends went and also lots of family. You should''ve seen the airplane on the way there and back, I think there was 20 of us on the same flight.
Anyway, my first day there (I went for two weeks) a bunch of us decided to go to a small island before all the chaos started with the wedding. I think we went to Yasawa, aside from our group, there were only 5 or 6 six other people. Our bungalow was right by the water, it was like having our own private beach. It is amazing. You can also ask to go in to the villages on the islands to see their village and how they live. The remainder of the time I was there we stayed at the Sheraton.
My advice if you go there is to go to remote islands not the really popular ones, stay at one of the big hotels (Sheraton) and definitely check out the villages and markets.
One thing that''ll be important for me when I''m looking for a honeymoon spot would be the people. Fiji is known for having some of the nicest people ever. They are humble, honest, hardworking people that embrace life.

People ask if I will honeymoon in Fiji.......No! I grew up there, I have family there, I''ve been there often. I want to go someplace I''ve never been.

Sorry for the long post.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
We booked our honeymoon at Ti Kaye in St. Lucia. It is ridiculously affordable! We will have our own plunge pool, outdoor shower, two person hammock, etc. Everyone I have ever spoken with who has visited Ti Kaye LOVED it. There are several options for activities, but I get the sense that you still feel like you are on a remote island as opposed to a big resort type place. While we love big resorts, we wanted seclusion for the honeymoon!

The resort''s website is www.tikaye.com. We booked through The Tropical Travelers because they have loads of experience working with the resort, and sell "cancel for any reason" trip insurance.

Munchkin

ToBeWifey

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your insight.

I think Fiji and Tahiti are out of our price range too. I am interested in learning more about Ti Kaye in St. Lucia.

I am afraid of going to an islandy type of place and getting bored in a like a day. I want there to be seclusion but also things to do, like fun excursions.

I would love to go to Italy, because there is so much to see, and do and eat! But I have been hearing the summer in Italy is jam packed with tourists. Anyone know anything about Malta, or islands near Italy? That might be an option worth pursuing.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
island dreams:

You inspired our choice -- We''re going to Petite St. Vincent!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
lovelylulu--Oh, I''m so excited for you. When are you going?

Make sure you check out Scubamom''s website. There''s a great map of the place. We were in cottage #1 which we thought was perfect for the view and the privacy. We did have about a 5 minute walk to the beach.

http://www.scubamom.com/grenadines/psv/

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks -- we''ll be going from july 11th -18th with a little extra barbados time
9.gif

I''m so excited and thanks for all the info/pictures you provided!!!

I''m not sure about our cottage -- my fiancee made the reservations, but i do know that he opted for a bluff with an amazing view (instead of being right on the beach) i think that you basically can''t go wrong!!!

www.psvresort.com is the website

Sorry to hijack

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we went to the tahitian islands, but not bora bora or the main island, those were both too touristy for us.

we went to moorea which is the smallest and most unassuming island and more 'natural'. kind of like what kauai is for the hawaiian islands. we stayed there for a week and ADORED it. it was the best trip ever...the water was just stunning. we are dying to return, hoping to go next year. we had a hut/cottage on the beach and the ocean was right outside our door (a protected reef part), the weather was stunning, we rented a tiny car and drove around the island, it was very relaxing and quiet, there are only a few nice hotels on the island. i hope it never changes but just like anything else i bet in a few more years it will be more like the other islands and a little more 'spoiled'.

it was pretty affordable for us, about $4k in total (not including food which was maybe about another $1k for a week total) but it was a dream for us. i have posted pictures on here in the past, i totally would recommend it. we went through a travel agent who had been there and knew all the good places to stay and saved $$ by doing the hut on the beach rather than the over the water ones. we actually liked it better. good luck!!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Check out Luxurylink.com. They have amazing packages and auctions for all over! I have purchased a few auctions from them and they have great prices!

ToBeWifey

Rough_Rock
My Fiance read reviews on Ti Kaye in St. Lucia and while the amenities and activities are great, a lot of people complained up bugs, bugs all over the place. And these villas dont have TVs either. Not sure if that is the way to go anymore. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results