shape
carat
color
clarity

honeymoon help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So FI and I originally wanted to go to Greece for our honeymoon but it''s looking like that might not be financially feasible right now...
I do know we want some sort of honeymoon right after the reception that we could save for in a year, the wedding will be in Fargo, ND. Any suggestions are welcome, we both love to travel even if it''s in the usa :) Thanks in advance ladies!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
What type of honeymoon are you looking for? A beach? Romantic getaway? Touristy place? Outdoorsy?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just something romantic and fun. We thought maybe about going to new york. Also for our wedding gifts for the wedding party and for a joint bachelor/bachelorette party we''re doing like a 3 day cruise in the bahamas (200 bucks a person) so we''ll have that before the wedding as well.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
So are you looking for some place warm again after going to the Bahamas?

What do you do for fun? Do you like big cities or small towns? It''s hard to just pick places when we don''t have a lot of information to go off of.

If you want to go someplace warm, Costa Rica is pretty reasonable price wise.

Besides NYC, there are lots of places in New England that are nice. Boston, Philadelphia, Buffalo (Niagara Falls) are some. In Canada you could go to Toronto, Vancouver... there are so many places to choose from.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
What''s your approximate budget, Smurfy? And how long are you planning to be on honeymoon? Hotels in New York are very expensive, so you''ll probably get less for your money than you would in a smaller town. If you don''t mind being chilly, you could try someplace like Rhode Island (the Narragansett/Newport area is wonderful) or Maine (look into the Ogunquit/Kennebunkport/Portland area, or further north to Bar Harbor). You could go to Niagara Falls and spend a couple days in Toronto while you''re there. Or maybe a few days in a lovely old southern city like Charleston or Savannah? San Francisco is also an awesome place to visit, although a little pricey, but we were there for a week and never ran out of things to do. We also rented a car one day to drive up to the Napa and Sonoma wine regions. And some friends of mine honeymooned in Seattle and had a wonderful time. There are so many options, I''m sure you''ll come up with something you''ll love!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
So, is Europe completely out of the question? I just saw a travel show on Croatia, and it''s gorgeous, pretty medieval towns, sparkling blue water. It''s supposed to be less expensive than the rest of Europe and still unspoiled. The travel show said it was what Greece was like a decade or so ago.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I had actually considered niagara falls, i guess great minds think alike haha
i was trying to find information on pricing but i think it is too early to find any anywhere
38.gif

we will go pretty much anywhere chilly or cold, as long as its interesting or fun (and not turkey, fi really doesn''t want to go there lol *shrugs*)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 11:01:59 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
we will go pretty much anywhere chilly or cold, as long as its interesting or fun (and not turkey, fi really doesn't want to go there lol *shrugs*)

That's sad, it's one of the most beautiful countries I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Istanbul isn't so much my cup of tea, but the southwest is stunning. It's hard if you don't speak the language, though (or have someone with you who does). Unfortunately, flights are astronomical so even though the country itself is affordable, getting there pretty much negates any savings -- which is a problem you might also run into if you try for Croatia, although I haven't priced flights there lately.

ETA: will you be going back to CO before the honeymoon, or leaving from ND? The availability of flights and the cost of them will probably depend a lot on where you're leaving from, so that will affect your budget, too.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i guess we hadn''t thought about whether we would be leaving straight from nd or go to co first, good point!
i had also thought about different resorts in colorado since there are so many hot springs around here and the area is too relatively new to us. would you guys consider honeymooning in a place you just moved to?

what would be best in november activity wise as in things to do? Neither of us would want to sit around the hotel, we would probably want to explore!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 11:01:59 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
I had actually considered niagara falls, i guess great minds think alike haha
i was trying to find information on pricing but i think it is too early to find any anywhere
38.gif

we will go pretty much anywhere chilly or cold, as long as its interesting or fun (and not turkey, fi really doesn''t want to go there lol *shrugs*)
The falls are really beautiful...but going in November is kind of worthless.

In the summer, there is this great feeling of a 24/7 party, with lots of wax museums (at least on the Canadian side).

If you''re going, I would suggest staying in Buffalo at the Hotel Ingido (totally budget friendly) and driving to the falls. The falls have lots of little bed and breakfasts that are really busy and pricey...so if you''re strapped for cash, America is the way to go!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Quebec!!! It''s a fairly easy drive from up north (even from Maryland it''s not that bad), is absolutely beautiful and enchanting, makes you feel like you''re farther away than you are since everything''s in French as well as English, is so romantic in the ski villages, is relatively inexpensive and did I mention beautiful? My favourite place is Mont Tremblant. I absolutely adore it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 7:14:37 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Quebec!!! It''s a fairly easy drive from up north (even from Maryland it''s not that bad), is absolutely beautiful and enchanting, makes you feel like you''re farther away than you are since everything''s in French as well as English, is so romantic in the ski villages, is relatively inexpensive and did I mention beautiful? My favourite place is Mont Tremblant. I absolutely adore it!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You read my mind! I was just about to suggest Quebec, Smurfy. We went to Quebec City on our honeymoon (in July), and if you do a search, you should see some pics. It''s beautiful, and definitely worth a visit. We visited some of the areas outside the city, and it''s just gorgeous. I''d highly recommend (if you go to QC itself) staying in the old part of the town, within the walls. It''s so romantic!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been to winnepeg and love it but neither of us have ever been to quebec city, i''ll definitely suggest it to fi :)
thanks for the idea ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results