shape
carat
color
clarity

Home Office Furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
These NY homes have such small rooms, so nothing ever seems to fit. I need 2 L-Shaped desks that will fit together to form a U-shape totalling no more than 104" in width total (52" each). We found a really nice custom shop but it''s 4k just for the desks. Granted the countertop is granite, but No hutches or anything... just the desk and bottom drawers. I checked Horchow, Crate, Pottery, Ethan, no dice (all too big) and their configurations are limited. Any recommendations on some good wood home office furniture?

Lee Lee

Rough_Rock
emrainbow.gif
call my friend Sova at Blacks Furniture...336.886.5011 or email
[email protected]

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2005 2:34:58 PM
Author: Lee Lee
emrainbow.gif
call my friend Sova at Blacks Furniture...336.886.5011 or email
[email protected]
The OP lives in NY, not NC, so you reply is nothing but advertising, which isn''t approved of here!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
You might be able to build it yourself using filing cabinets as your base then countertop/granite etc. cut to your specifications.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2005 3:33:56 PM
Author: IslandDreams
You might be able to build it yourself using filing cabinets as your base then countertop/granite etc. cut to your specifications.
That is exactly what we did in our home office. We used black filing cabinets for the bases and wood grain formica (custom ordered) for the tops. Granite would have been beautiful, but more than I wanted to spend for a home office.

DiamondLil

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
I used furniture from Dania, which is in the Seattle area--won''t help you, but is there a similar type store in your area? http://www.daniafurniture.com/ I used two corner desks & a regular desk between (with bookshelves on the long ends of the U) total 122 inches across.

Is there anything acceptable at Office Max/Office Depot/Staples? I think I may have seen some stuff at Ikea, but it was after I''d already done my office, so I didn''t pay that much attention.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2005 11:50:25 PM
Author:cute330xigrl
These NY homes have such small rooms, so nothing ever seems to fit. I need 2 L-Shaped desks that will fit together to form a U-shape totalling no more than 104'' in width total (52'' each). We found a really nice custom shop but it''s 4k just for the desks. Granted the countertop is granite, but No hutches or anything... just the desk and bottom drawers. I checked Horchow, Crate, Pottery, Ethan, no dice (all too big) and their configurations are limited. Any recommendations on some good wood home office furniture?

My recommendation to you is to look into the large variety of commercial office furinture such as Herman Miller, HON, or similar (there are many price points, so don''t be freaked out if the first line you research is costly). You have a semi-endless selection of finishes from stained hard wood, to stained hardwood and laminate combinations, to complete laminate selections. The best part is you have so much control over your pieces, sizes, uses, storage capacities. For example, you can specify if you would like full wall upper storage cabinets, uppers with drop down bins, filing cabinets below, task lighting, cord control, etc... and exactly where you would like them located in your unit. YOu can also choose from traditional styles all the way to super jazzy styles with frosted glazing and detailed metal work.

Good Luck!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Heeeeyyyy, my thread woke up from the dead. Thanks for all the reponses (except the troll)!

IslandDreams - we were trying that exact method.. but just couldnt find any cabinets that was the right height for the table. They seemed too short. Strange. Def. a GREAT idea tho!

ltl - I think we were biased @ shopping in Staples and Office Depot b/c we assumed it would look too commercial and less homey. Didnt even think of Office Max. Thinking back now, we should have gone. t probably would have solved my problem of doing IslandDream and Diiamondlil''s idea from the getgo.

jorman - thnks for the idea, but....

Since we couldnt find anything , a dear family friend (who''s been helping us w/ the home remodelling), decided to build it for us. He built it in 3 days and It came out awesome. It''s everything we wanted. We just did 2 consoles on the back wall, rather than a u shape. So there''s more room left to put like a daybed or something. Itt will have a granite countertop, which we''re going 2day to order.
36.gif
Can''t wait ... the room is almost complete. Stained it last week. Looks fab.

Thanks again everyone!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You should check out Domino. It''s like the Lucky magazine for furniture. They have some links online at Dominomag.com

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
glad to hear you got something built. and its good that you went with the double bench as opposed to the U shape. i think you will be happier given the tight space.

26.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Yea...REALLY HAPPY w/ it. We can put our towers inside the top his/her cabinets... the middle drawer b/w the 2 desks is for our pull-out xxerox/fax machine, which is better than having that u-shape desk. Now both of us can get to it easily, versus one of us walking to the other side of the room. My fav. thing about the desk is the storage rite by our feet. Nice place for us to place copies of bills, bank statments, etc.. (things we dont need to access frequently).
26.gif
The granite top is ready for pickup today.Yippe! A bit of good news in my renovation realm.

desk.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY cool! that is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results