shape
carat
color
clarity

Holy moly!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone read PostSecret!?!?!

Some info:

BF says he''ll propose on a THURSDAY.
Says I won''t expect it AT ALL.
It''ll be by the end of April.
One day says it WON''T be in 2008 and the next, he "can''t tell me."
Our 6 year is the 26th, Wednesday.
He knows I read it religiously EVERY Sunday.

I found this posted today: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SSi4SKgKxGI/AAAAAAAAHZY/jOzUiKMPVdM/s1600-h/alloveragain.jpg

It made my heart race. It''s still racing...

BUT, I know it couldn''t have anything to do with ME b/c I don''t know who would be there that would feel as though they lose me again... BUT could he be just messing with me? Did he have someone do that??? No... No, he didn''t. I know he didn''t.

But wow... if my heart races like that when he actually does propose, wow... It''ll be amazing!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I love postsecret! I''m thinking maybe it is him.....that''s so exciting!!! At least you don''t have long to wait.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, the PostSecret books were the only things I asked FF to get me for Christmas! LOVE it!!

I don''t think that was him... it couldn''t have been... buuuuttttt who knows, right?

It''s all just soooo odd. Especially b/c I''ve made such a big deal over it being on a Thursday. Really, my reaction is always like: A Thursday? Are you serious? Why a Thursday, that is so weird! Why, why, why? LoL. I just think it''s funny to be on a Thursday and it being the only thing he could tell me about the proposal. Haha. I don''t know.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
X-mas is on Thursday this year, so is Thanksgiving. And Maybe New Year''s Day too?

You''d have to check your calendar, but I think that''s right...

***DUST***

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Yup! lol. I''ve looked many many times. Hehe.

The thing is, sometimes he says it won''t be in 2008, which technically stroke of midnight New Years (Eve) is 2009 so that could be it BUT after that day, there is no Thursday of any kind of importance. He says it wouldn''t be too obvious but is important to us in some way.

Ugh, I don''t get it! haha... and honestly, I''ve really given up trying to figure it out. haha.

But this whole postsecret thing is so weird... probably just a coincidence but really, what are the odds?? Heh. It''s so weird how things happen!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Maybe he just said something random to give you something to latch onto. I would hate something as vague and simultaneously specific as "on a Thursday." I would spend every Thursday wondering, then I would start resenting Thursdays. I would be a piece of work EVERY Thursday. He would hate Thursdays, and he would NEVER propose, lol.

But that''s me
11.gif
12.gif
27.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Haha. I think I would definitely be that way if I didn''t have an end of April time line. As much as I would LOVE it to be this year (since this year is almost over with!), I just have a feeling that he''s telling the truth when he says it won''t be 2008. And I also have a feeling that when he says by the end of April that he means 11:59pm and 59 seconds on April 30th! hahaha. That is SO him! (Anyway I know I''m rambling, I''m meaning to say: I think having a time line like that really helps me... because I, too, thought that I would be a piece of work EVERY Thursday... but I''m pleasantly surprised that I''m actually pretty cool about it all.)

But yeah, I agree, he could have or had someone else send in a postcard saying something random so I would catch on but not catch on at the same time, ya know? ...could be. Who knows!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
you should hint at it, be like "I read this awesome thing on post secret looklook" and see what his reaction is!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I dont think if he was trying to throw you off he'd write something in third person or get someone to write in something that alluded to an ex love being broken hearted - that seems so heavy and not in the spirit of surprise. I dont mean to burst your bubble, I just genuinely feel bad for the person who did write this secret (if its not a ploy after all) Are you sure you dont know of anyone who would be upset over your engagement that would have written this in, sincerely? Maybe it isnt a love interest but someone who doesnt think you and your SO should get married?

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
I don''t keep up on the blog, but maybe I will now! I read the book and LOVE it! Here''s a little dust for you... good luck!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
You''re not bursting my bubble at all. Like I said, I KNOW it couldn''t have been him. It''s just so odd. Hehe.

I do know of one person who would be a little upset over an engagement but he won''t be around when it happens.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Haha. So I showed FF the postcard and this is what happened:

He smirks. I ask why he''s smirking and he says "no reason, I just think it''s pretty coincidental." Laughs. And I stated how I thought it was so weird but that I know it''s not him because the ending doesn''t make sense about him being there too and him losing me and such.

THEN: He goes: "Well, maybe he didn''t mean it the way you took it. Maybe he meant that he (as in the guy proposing) will be there."

Background: He has always made a point to say that he won''t be "there" for the actual proposal. So with the above statement, he was simply trying to make me think that HE in fact wrote it and was playing up the whole joke between us that he won''t be there and by saying "I''ll be there, too", I would get the hint that he WILL actually be "There" for the proposal. Does that make sense? It''s kinda hard to explain...

I know he''s messing with me and wants me to think it was him who wrote it but I''m not falling for it! haha.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
You def know better than me, but I still can''t help but feel it was him! It just seems like too crazy a coincidence.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I had never even heard of PostSecret until now! I''m off to check out the books on amazon....

inhisarms, your BF sounds like a sneaky little bugger!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Could it have been an entry from your father or mother? Like they''ll be there for Thanksgiving...giving away their daughter? I''m reaching...

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 10:39:57 PM
Author: CNYHopeful
Could it have been an entry from your father or mother? Like they''ll be there for Thanksgiving...giving away their daughter? I''m reaching...

Could be... I don''t think they know about postsecret but they could surprise me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results