shape
carat
color
clarity

Holoway Cut Advisor

SteveNagacho

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
Can someone please help explain my HCA results? What does each grading system mean? What is the 'highest' score possible? Thanks!!

Picture 23.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HCA is a blunt weeding tool that takes four inputs - crown, pavilion, table, depth. If you take these numbers from the GIA report, GIA has already averaged 8 sections of diamond and rounded those results, so you are several times removed from what the stone's proportions truly are; with AGS you are spared much of the rounding, but the averaging may still hide valuable information (though the Light Performance report provides a certain security).

It's really important to follow the instructions and terms of use on the HCA homepage word for word: it's only for the modern 57/58facet RB, and a score of 0-2 has been designated "worth further investigation". There is no "best score" - it is either under or above 2. I personally prefer a higher cutoff - the HCA does not consider other proportions that can reduce or exaggerate apparent leakage. The HCA is a fantastic tool if you have a list of twenty stones with proportion information and you want to narrow it down: you know the low-precision batch tool will most likely let some beauties slip through the cracks, but you have so many stones and you have to start somewhere! Once you have pictures, light reflector technology photographs, have seen the stones in-person - the HCA is no longer a useful tool.

In this case I would have your rep look at that stone, take some pics for you, numbers could work together to make a lovely stone despite the 'low' HCA score depending on what the actual proportions are like, other info like lgf...

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
61% table 41.2 pavilion I think you can do better.

danzur

Rough_Rock
What table/pavilion numbers would fall into the optimal/acceptable range?

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results