shape
carat
color
clarity

Holloway?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thefitter

Rough_Rock
I just plugged all the data regarding a supposedly very good rock – 1 caret ACA, H&A costing almost $8500 into the Holloway Cut Adviser and it came back with a 2.4 rating. Which is only “very good”. I put in data from a couple regular Ideal cut diamonds costing almost $3000 less and they came back rating 0.9 and 1.5 which is “excellent’. What am I missing? And yes I double-checked!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The HCA is NOT the main selection tool for the ACA's. The brand accepts variation of HCA grades... this is all. Also, the HCA offers only partial evaluation, by design. It just says that everything above 2 is great, and a 0.1 difference in HCA scores does not mean much if anything. The diagnostic available for the ACAs (i.e. direct light return analysis via IdealScope and H&A viewer) is one step beyond the HCA and can tell the difference between stones passing the HCA 2 benchmark. Of course, this is a conservative, safe way to view things. I would further discuss wether what a <1 HCA means versus a <2 HCA score, but this is immaterial when direct analysis on the stones (as oposed to the numbers) is available. Surely, this is just my judgement, but I would bank on it any day
2.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I would never buy a diamond with 2.4 HCA score, I don't like the specs of the most ACA's but I just did a search and didn't find any ACA which such a bad score.
Do you have a link?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I WOULDN'T call 2.4 a bad score. Actually, it would be nice if all diamonds scored at least 2.4.
1.gif

thefitter

Rough_Rock
I went back to find the ACA I was talking about. I thought I found it but when I went to put in the data it came back with a 1.6. So either I can't find the same rock or I screwed up the first two times (which is entirely possible).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results