shape
carat
color
clarity

Holloway Cut Advisor Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy 28

Rough_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/diamond-pricing-question-t131891.html

That was my original post.

After entering in the specifications of my stone, depending on whether I choose Angles / percentages, I actually get differing opinions of the stone''s cut.

If I go with Angles, then I get a Very Good. If I go with percentages, I get an Excellent. Which is more accurate? I''d imagine that the percentages would be more accurate as I accounts for the culet, which is NONE.

Where does my stone rank up?

stone is 3EX through GIA.

table = 55"

total depth is 62.6

pavilion angle is 41.0 degrees

Starlet angle is 35.5

pavilion depth is 43.0

table depth is 16.0

any help would be helpful... maybe I can get Gary H to respond on this.

Regards.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Angles are actually more accurate in the HCA. If you enter percentages, then it calculates the angles off that and you get some minor diifferences due to rounding.

The numbers on that diamond are venturing into what we call steep/deep range, where the stone may not reflect light as well as possible due to the angles not being complimentary. In Idealscope image would be needed to really tell if it has leakage issues.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Jet, angles are more accurate.

Your stone''s numbers are verging on steep-deep - the GIA ex cut grade range does allow for some steep-deep combinations. Whether this leakiness is visible to the human eye is another debate. The only way to confirm lack of leakage is with IS/ASET - the HCA estimates performance based on numbers you input (which are already rounded, if you have a GIA cert); images show actual, physical performance.

Crown angle is rounded to the nearest 0.5, pavilion is rounded to 0.2 (rounded up though, so 40.9 becomes 41, which would be a good thing). The 80LGF can also help minimize the visible effects of any leakage due to uncomplementary c/p angles.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whats the diameter in mm for this diamond please? It is a bit deep also. The stone might be ok although it is steep deep depending on angle rounding and some other factors but an Idealscope image is essential to see if there is leakage, I would not want to risk buying this diamond without one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results