shape
carat
color
clarity

holloway cut adviser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellibaby

Rough_Rock
This is a message to let you all know how useful the HOLLOWAY CUT ADVISER has been for me. It enables you to "imagine" a diamond´s visual appeal without looking at it in person, which makes diamond buying through the internet much more easy than it actually is. I highly recommend it!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-glad it worked for you!
smile.gif
lawmax

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elle? as im Elle McPherson - the Aussie 10?
Or zero on the Holloway cut adviser!Thx for the kind words, yes it is a system entirely based on perception of beauty. I have been on a buying trip in Israel and checked many stones as I was buying on Sarin proportions, especially around the outer perimiters of excellent (scores of under 2).We are about to make a small change in the cut adviser that will make the spread measurement include girdle thickness. It will require entering the total depth % as well.
We had hoped to find a way to quantify girdle thickness, but because the verbal descriptions and different grading labs do not add up to consistant numerical measures, we have decided to use depth/diameter as a simple spread factor. This does not take into account the amuont of crown that stands above a setting when seen from the side view - what I call vertical spread. Does anyone think this is important?
Think I will start a new thread on this topic.
Garry
PS someone on DT asked why I am not posting - it was taking too much research time and making me unhappy. Happy to respond personally to any ?'s though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results