shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday Bling:Jeff White Sapphire & Roger D Spess

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So I have become more than a little obsessed with gemstones :devil: I have multiple gems on my wish list and this year I was able to purchase & set a couple of my dream stones. My love of gemstones runs deep, when I had my first job at 18 yrs old I took my first paycheck and bought a very small ruby ring. Now that I'm much older,I hope to have a fabulous collection fitting of a woman my age :naughty:

First up my Jeff White Asscher Sapphire. It's 2.98ct 7.42mm Ceylon. Light blue with violet tones. Of course the cut is amazing, it sparkles like mad with each step turning on & off. It's such an interesting stone, in some light it looks light blue, in other light it's a deep violet which reminds me of velvet. I love the size & chose to go with a classic baguette setting. I love this ring :love:
My pictures get washed out when I upload them so I'm starting with Jeff's pics. It's really hard to get a true picture of this stone.

sap141_my_asscher_2.jpg

sap141natural_jeff_hand.jpg

sapphire_light_with_band.jpg

sapphire_dark_with_band.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love the blue sparkles under bright light and richness of color in your last photo! Awesome :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! love that asscher: the cut and color are amazing. Really like how you set it too ~ classy and elegant.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Next up is the Roger Dery Spess. It's Nigerian and is 2.92ct 7.42mm. I love this stone, orange is one of my favorite colors, and am completely obsessed with it's many moods. It goes from bright orange to a deep red orange and is so brilliant. When I was dropping off my sapphire to be set at my fav local jeweler, Merry Richards, I pulled out this stone to show it to the owner. He is quite a gemstone aficionado and loved it. I wasn't planning on setting it quite yet due to budget but he showed me a few Simon G settings on closeout so I couldn't resist. My DH loves this ring, and requested I wear it to Christmas dinner with his family. Very cute.

spess_car_sunshine.jpg

spess_dog.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These rings are stunning. The choice of settings set the stones off perfectly.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
More pictures:

sapphire_zircon_spess_card.jpg

sapphire_zircon_spess_purse.jpg

sapphire_zircon_spess_sunny_2.jpg

sapphire_zircon_spess_family_room.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
more pictures:

The middle ring in some of the pictures is my Dana Zircon set in a YG semi bezel by Ilya at Diamond Zone. I got it back in early November.

spess_and_sapphire_kitchen.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Have to add this picture of the Spess, my hand looks like I'm 90 but the ring looks great ;))

spess_in_car_red.jpg

kaddidle

Rough_Rock
These are all so gorgeous! That sapphire — I died and am dead, that's how pretty it is.

woofmama|1420165258|3810682 said:
Have to add this picture of the Spess, my hand looks like I'm 90 but the ring looks great ;))

lol, whyyyyy must direct sunlight make gems look so pretty and my hands look so ... well, not pretty. Every time I take a picture in direct sun, I swear my hands age 50 years :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are just gorgeous!!! :love: I'd love having a Jeff White asscher anything, but a sapphire is perfect! Did you have it custom cut? Love the color of the spess, too! Beautiful settings for both as well!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing rings!!! You have a fabulous collection Woofmama.
I love your choice of settings as it seems to match the 'character' of your stones perfectly. Thanks for sharing and please post more pics. I cannot stop looking at your Asscher sapphire...

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the colors in your collection!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh the sapphire, the sapphire! be still my heart! *swoons*

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Your collection is beautiful! I am very jealous! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The JW Sapphire is stunning, and the RD Spess is very nice too, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All your gems and rings gorgeous woofmama. :love:
I especially love your Jeff White Asscher Sapphire ring. Beautiful.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones your Jeff White Sapphire is particularly yummy!!!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! All of the rings are beautiful but I am particularly fond of the Jeff White sapphire.
Enjoy!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1420182134|3810782 said:
Amazing rings!!! You have a fabulous collection Woofmama.
I love your choice of settings as it seems to match the 'character' of your stones perfectly. Thanks for sharing and please post more pics. I cannot stop looking at your Asscher sapphire...

I second Acinom- those gems are delectable and the settings are perfectly selected for each one.

They are all gorgeous- thank you for posting them in different light environments- my :love: is the spess- wowza- and the setting is TDF. You lucked out to get that on closeout!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely collection Woofmama, I especially love that Ceylon Sapphire, stunning!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thank you thecat, motownmama & SparklyOEC.

Thanks Niel. I was having a hard time choosing my settings for both of these stones. Went to several local jewelers and tried on everything. Intergem was here about a month ago so I took my stones there and found the sapphire setting. It's truly impeccable IRL, I'll try to get better pictures of it. Anyway 18k WG with .61ct of F VS Baguettes. Beautifully finished piece & the head size was perfect!

The Simon G setting is just so beautiful! I usually don't go for such intricate settings, but when I saw this setting I was in love. The kite set diamonds, impossibly delicate milgrain & pave set shank is so detailed and perfect. I think it makes the spess just pop.
I loved supporting a local business to get these stones set, I'm a small business owner as well, and didn't feel a need to go custom.
Neither setting was inexpensive but I feel I got great value & quality for my money.

Thanks kaddidle-I love the sapphire too. Yep the horrific hand pics are so not flattering :knockout: I actually have nice looking hands but pictures make them look like crap. I don't want to post them but I have to sacrifices for the good of my bling sisters :))

Thanks DS. I did have the sapphire custom cut. I was in email talks with Jeff for quite a while and he was wonderful to work with. It was hard for me to commit due to the non-refundable deposit on custom, it this case I would have lost a pretty large sum of money if I returned the stone. I tend to be a wishy-washy returner so I was nervous but once I got my sapphire I was in love!

Thanks Acinom. I'm more than a little in love with your gorgeous rings :sun: My pictures don't do these rings justice, Somewhere between my Galaxy phone and uploading the pictures they get completely washed out. I spent most of yesterday messing with my computer trying to figure out how to fix the color. No luck!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Distracts! I know you were also a fan of Neatfreaks ring. I only wish I paid what she sold it for back in 2011 :( Suffice it to say I paid 2014 sapphire prices. Oh well, a dream ring is a dream ring, right? You have a gorgeous sapphire ring as well :love:

Thanks ricezo. You are also building up a lovely gem collection :))

Thanks dk168. Can't wait to see what you do with the lovely stones your collecting.

Thanks missy. I'm very happy with my new rings and feel extremely lucky to have them!

Thanks Arkieb1, Crystal & Monnyjay. The sapphire is a beauty for sure! I love step cuts so I knew I wanted an asscher sapphire :))

Thanks apacherose. The spess really is spectacular and Roger Dery is an amazing cutter. I was very lucky to get the setting!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that Sapphire is stunning and I love, love, love the setting. It's so classic in everyway and the color is amazing!!!! You go girl!!! :dance: The spress is very nice too but that Sapphire takes my breath away! Big fan of your zircon.. it's my birthstone, very nice!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I love both of your stones, but especially that sapphire! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! Wonderful gems and settings! Isn't Roger Dery awesome to buy from?

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love what you did with the spess.....as you know i'm not a fan of halo settings at all. your setting just proves that one can have lots of sparkly bling and still let the color stone be the star of the show. love how it looks on your finger :appl: :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! that sapphire asscher is a holy grail for sure. LOVE them all, but that sapphire asscher has my heart.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love them all but I have to say...................oh that sapphire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheeky:

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Omg. That sapphire is amazing!! I absolutely love it. Wow wow wow :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results