shape
carat
color
clarity

High carat gold mountings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I still have this Dan Stair spess without a home. It longs for some rich buttery gold. Does anyone know of semimounts available in high carat gold? Or someone who works in gold that could create something for a reasonable price. I''m really, REALLY broke right now so $500 would by my absolute max. I''ve been trolling etsy and have found some interesting artisans. Has anyone ever used someone like that?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Can''t you see the spess in one of these two designs?

BDjewelery&spess.JPG

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Those settings are fabulous. I''m drawn to the one with the flowers which is weird cause I usually don''t like flowers and hearts and such on jewelry. It think either of them would look great!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How high karat are you talking? 18, 22, 24K?

I would actually like a 22K mounting for my saffron diamond, which is a similar color to a spessartite.

Your stone would be beautiful in one of those mounts. They''re very lavish.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I really like the flower mounting but I''d worry that I would catch things on the edges of the flowers.

I believe some people (InnerKitten maybe) had some stones set by this guy: http://stores.ebay.com/22K-18K-Gold-Jewelry

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Who makes those settings??? They are absolutely gorgeous!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
A jeweler I found on etsy: Ben Dooleage.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my avatar is a 8.18 spess set i 22k gold. given the price of gold right now, i don''t think $500 is going to be enough. 18k gold is nice with spess also and might be a bit more affordable.

addtionally, 22k gold is NOT appropriate for prongs but perfectly acceptable for bezel settings.....however, some seem to be reluctant to work with it. be careful with who you trust your stone.

movie zombie

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I love your setting, MZ! Any suggestions?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I also like this.

4c_1.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Or this one from the same artisan.

blue_diamond_mokume_gane_best_jpg.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What about this style?

shimonv.JPG

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Wow, are those mokume from kirakawa? So fabulous!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 11:42:42 AM
Author: dancingflame
Wow, are those mokume from kirakawa? So fabulous!
No, they''re from Diamond Peak Goldsmiths. I love how the designs look more handcrafted than Krikawa. I''m loving the one above set with the blue stone, but done in the more yellow color gold.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
I love that you knew what I meant regardless of the typo. Can''t get used to this keyboard.
20.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love spess with mokume! i was originally going to set my spess and had approached george sawyer about it......and they were open to it. but i decided to go another route.....

i like the idea of the first one. really protects the stone and the stone should "pop" in that setting, especially if you use the yellow/green/red gold combos with a bit of silver.....

movie zombie

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I found this site when I was hunting for high carat mountings for a Malaya garnet. I emailed him but have not heard back and that was a couple weeks ago. I''m going to try again. His stuff looks really cool!

http://www.22kt-gold.com/

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hi Upgradable

I came across the following thread last night in ''Jewellery Pieces'', not sure if it is a concept that will work for your project, but it''s well worth giving the idea a wider audience for those who love the rich look of a higher carat gold but are concerned about strength.

And I''m always happy to give a plug for a fellow Albertan!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/40-hours-of-construction.98947/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results