shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi looking for advice on maker on e-ring - in search of matching wedding band!

1936gem

Rough_Rock
So I've done some sleuthing already and I have determined that my ring is a gorgeous 1930's antique engagement ring! Inside it has a PAT# 2016492 which I have researched to be a design by Joseph Granat. However there is another stamp inside that seems to be "GMCD" or maybe "GMCo" (see photo). I cannot find information linking Granat to this stamp so I am wondering if he may have allowed other manufacturers to use his patent? I also can't seem to find who the GMCD stamp belongs to. I would really love to find an antique wedding band that matches/pairs well with my ring but I am considering taking the drawings from the patent to a jeweler to have one designed for me.

The patent BTW can be found here: https://www.google.com/patents/US2016492

ring.jpg
ringstamp.jpg
bottomdetail.jpg
sidedetail.jpg
fontdetail.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your engagement ring! I looked on Etsy and also Googled Granat wedding and there are a few options that might appeal - this one looks like quite a good price. The ones on Etsy aren't as crisp and pretty tho. It should be relatively easy to get someone to make a similar ring though which will fit with yours perfectly if you're wanting one that will match it.

1936gem

Rough_Rock
Love your engagement ring! I looked on Etsy and also Googled Granat wedding and there are a few options that might appeal - this one looks like quite a good price. The ones on Etsy aren't as crisp and pretty tho. It should be relatively easy to get someone to make a similar ring though which will fit with yours perfectly if you're wanting one that will match it.
Thank you ! I actually saw the ring that you posted - it is listed as sold. I messaged the seller anyways to see if he has any advice.

1936gem

Rough_Rock
In case anyone stumbles upon this the stamp is "GMCO" for Granat Manufacturing Co.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
So cool that you were able to find the patent. What a great find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results