shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi, all! Beverley K ring question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
Hello, everyone!

I''m new(ish) to pricescope, but I have been lurking for quite a while. Recently, I saw a a post on Beverley K''s jewelry, and I fell in love with the floral eternity bands like the one posted below. My bf and I are currently looking for a wedding set, and, after trying on something similar at a local jewelers, my boyfriend also fell in love with it. It''s just so feminine and unique!

My dilemma is this: I don''t just want an w-band, I also want an e-ring. I was hoping to get a solitaire with around a 1 carat diamond. Do you all think it would be overkill to wear both a beverley k ring and an engagement ring? If not, what type of e-ring would "work" with this style? My hand is very small (I''m only 5''0" tall) and my ring size is 4.75 - so there''s not a ton of "finger real estate" as you call it. I don''t want my e-ring and w-ring to compete with one another, either. If anyone could share their opinions regarding this topic, I''d really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
The pic wouldn''t attach in the last post. Here it is again, (for reference: it''s 3.0 mm wide):

bev k ring.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely NOT overkill!!! The band you posted is about 3 mm wide...not ostentatious by any stretch of the imagination. I actually think it would look PERFECT with a Tiffany-style solitaire. That way the rings wouldn''t compete with each other. The stone in your ering would be a focus, as would the detail in that beautiful wedding band.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree completely with Firegoddess--a solitare and this band would be beautiful together! Maybe even one band on each side of the e-ring, depending on how thick it would all be together and whether it would be comfortable on your finger.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I think that a simple solitaire would look the best with that band; they wouldn''t sit flush, but that''s a personal preference (I like a gap). Most tiffany style solitaires are around 2mm, and then 3mm for the wedding band is a little over 5mm (with a small gap). My advice would be to try on a similar width in a plain band to see how much of your finger is taken up- most men''s bands are thicker, so you could easily go to a maul jeweler and try on thicker rings for estimation purposes. Whiteflash''s tiffany solitaire is 2.7mm, but you can have it safely shaved down to 2mm which is the thinnest most jewelers recommend for every day wear.

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
That's so good to know. My bf thought it might be too wide, and it made me a bit concerned. And, btw, I love wedding sets with a gap.

Just for fun, here's the ring that I tried on at my local jewelers (I think it was about 4.0 mm wide). I loved this one, too - just that little hint of color. So I guess I have a new dilemma, aquamarines or emeralds... https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif

210.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 4:55:15 PM
Author: Alisoun
So I guess I have a new dilemma, aquamarines or emeralds... http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif
These are the BEST kind of dilemmas to have.
9.gif
If you''re worried about width, try on a 2 mm ring and 3 mm band at a store and see how it feels.

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 5:09:02 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 9/30/2006 4:55:15 PM

Author: Alisoun

So I guess I have a new dilemma, aquamarines or emeralds...

These are the BEST kind of dilemmas to have.
9.gif
If you're worried about width, try on a 2 mm ring and 3 mm band at a store and see how it feels.

It's on my to-do list for tomorrow. I just thought of something, too...I think I might go with aquamarines, especially if I get a diamond with strong blue fluorescence. That combination might be fun.

One more question, have any of you ever seen a solitaire with miligrain detail? I've never seen anything like that, and I'm not sure how it would be done, but I'm curious nonetheless. Thank you so much for your replies!

ETA: I meant miligrain detail w/out diamonds (pave or whatnot).

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that wedding ring -- gorgeous!

OK, here''s a thought... how about a very sharp knife edge on a solitaire e-ring? Those knife edges just kind of disappear on the finger, and so to me I think it would look like your diamond is just floating on top of your wedding ring.
36.gif

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 5:49:07 PM
Author: Lynn B
I LOVE that wedding ring -- gorgeous!

OK, here''s a thought... how about a very sharp knife edge on a solitaire e-ring? Those knife edges just kind of disappear on the finger, and so to me I think it would look like your diamond is just floating on top of your wedding ring.
36.gif

I really like that idea! I think I''ll go try on a knife edge solitaire with the ring above from the local B&M. I''ll be sure to take some pictures when I go, too. BTW, Lynn, I really like your avatar!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m flattered that you liked my idea! I can''t wait to see what you end up with.

And oh, thank you for the compliment on my avatar. It''s an actual photo I took of my own diamond. I''m quite proud of it!

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
oh oh! I just did a search for "sharp knife edge"....THIS is what you''re talking about. For some reason, I was just picturing an ordinary knife edge in my mind. I have to say that it is perfect!!

Thank you so much!

sharp edge.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
YEP, that''s EXACTLY what I was thinking of! Good find! That''s why I said "very sharp" knife edge, because I didn''t mean a "regular" what-we-normally-think-of-as-a-knife-edge ring!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

My DDIL''s e-ring is a 1 carat princess with a trillion on each side, on a very sharp knife edge band. Those diamonds just look like they are floating on her finger above her w-ring. It is a very beautiful look.

And one of these days, I am gonna corner the girl and get some good pictures of it!
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
two 3mm bands would not be overkill, even on your petite hands. That beverly k band is gorgeous!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the band and would put it with either a plain tiffany setting or a regular knife edge setting. I would not want to set a diamond into that super thin band as I don't think it would be structurally sound or look pretty as an e-ring alone. A 2-2.5 mm band will be plenty thin enough to wear with the Beverly K band.

One more thought, I'd lean towards a very hard stone like sapphires in a wedding band that would be worn all the time. Aquas are soft and so are emeralds. I am not even sure you can clean those in an ultrasonic. So keep that in mind, too.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2006 3:14:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I love the band and would put it with either a plain tiffany setting or a regular knife edge setting. I would not want to set a diamond into that super thin band as I don''t think it would be structurally sound or look pretty as an e-ring alone. A 2-2.5 mm band will be plenty thin enough to wear with the Beverly K band.
Actually, those super sharp knife edge bands can be quite structurally sound. The "strength" (of the metal) is just in the DEPTH, instead of the width. And they can also look FABULOUS as an e-ring alone, IMHO. I really do promise to corner DDIL soon and get some "visuals" for you guys!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, I DO think it works when sandwiched between those two diamond bands, but I just couldn''t see it standing alone or with just one band. I''d be interested in seeing your DDIL''s rings!

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness, thank you all so much for your advice. Lynn, I''d love to see your DDIL''s rings, too. How long has she had them, and has she had any problems with the integrity? (It sounds like she hasn''t...). There''s another ring that''s also a really thin knife edge I found while browsing the forums - mrzabka''s ring. Whiteflash made it, so it has to be at least 2.0 mm. Still, It does seem really thin and almost "disappears." I tried to post a picture below, and I hope it works.

diamondseeker: You''re probably right about the aquamarines and emeralds being a bit too soft...but sapphires might be lovely! I wonder if Beverley K ever customizes the stones used, because I love the first design that''s posted.

Anyone, here''s the picture...Thank you, everyone!
1.gif

Attachments

• sharp edge 4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 691

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
Here''s one more pic of mrzabka''s ring for reference. If, for whatever reason, I can''t do the ring Lynn suggested, I might ask Whiteflash to create something like this for me:

Attachments

• sharp edge 5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 696

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think that Beverly K ring is just gorgeous, and will look very nice with a simple solitaire. It is beautiful with the aqua''s, but would also look fabuolous with sapphires if that is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results