shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey risingsun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marian, did you think it was a nice noticable jump in size when you went from 1.2ct to 1.6ct last year? Just wondered how you felt about that size increment.

If anyone else did a similar upgrade I would of course love to hear about your thoughts too!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 3:02:53 PM
Author: Lorelei
Hi D

Mara also did a similar size upgrade a few years back, although her stone was 1.28 to 1.60 it will give you some idea, here is the thread with comparison pics in,

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-done-a-1-60-j-si2-has-found-a-new-home.26190/
Thank you Lorelei! I was looking for that thread
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Dreamer! I don''t have any pics but I went from a 1.1 RB to a 1.6 and definitely noticed the size difference. It was totally worth it. I just read in Hangout that you got the green light for the upgrade.....woo hoooooo!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 6:51:57 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
Hey Dreamer! I don't have any pics but I went from a 1.1 RB to a 1.6 and definitely noticed the size difference. It was totally worth it. I just read in Hangout that you got the green light for the upgrade.....woo hoooooo!!!!!
Her I just saw this... good to know you liked the size increase! And woo hoo indeed.
2.gif

And I just noticed that you have an I color in that size... I know it is persoanl preference/perception, but I am curious, how do you feel about the color? Do you notice any tint?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve just seen an I color last week.

i noticed a definite tint, no doubt. i viewed it on a white background, pavilion up.

not saying that''s a bad thing though!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
My 1.1 RB was an E so when I first got my I, I noticed the color difference a lot. Now that I''ve worn it for nearly 3 years, I only notice the warmth in certain lighting. Most of the time it looks icy white. For me, size was very important. If I were given the choice today between a smaller higher color stone vs. a larger warmer stone, I''d still pick the larger I stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 4:01:30 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
My 1.1 RB was an E so when I first got my I, I noticed the color difference a lot. Now that I''ve worn it for nearly 3 years, I only notice the warmth in certain lighting. Most of the time it looks icy white. For me, size was very important. If I were given the choice today between a smaller higher color stone vs. a larger warmer stone, I''d still pick the larger I stone.
Would you go up in color in your present diamond if you had the chance? Just curious.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:53:33 PM
Author: luckynumber
i''ve just seen an I color last week.

i noticed a definite tint, no doubt. i viewed it on a white background, pavilion up.

not saying that''s a bad thing though!
Thanks lucky! What size was it?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 2:47:57 PM
Author:dreamer_d
Marian, did you think it was a nice noticable jump in size when you went from 1.2ct to 1.6ct last year? Just wondered how you felt about that size increment.

If anyone else did a similar upgrade I would of course love to hear about your thoughts too!
Yes, I did! At 1.5 ct, I didn't see as much of a difference as I would have liked. When I compared my 1.23 to the 1.62, there was a significant increase in size. It made it well worth it for me to upgrade, at that point. What are you contemplating, dreamer
2.gif

ETA: I stayed with a G but went down to an eye clean SI1. I am color sensitive.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marian! Tomorrow I am going to see diamonds in person, so it will help me a lot. 1.6 is a good size and avoids the price leap at 1.7 that there seems to be.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 11:43:08 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Thanks Marian! Tomorrow I am going to see diamonds in person, so it will help me a lot. 1.6 is a good size and avoids the price leap at 1.7 that there seems to be.
Enjoy looking at diamonds! Let me know how it goes
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you are right, 1.5 is not all that bigger than 1.25!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Uh---oh! Poor DD''s hubby!
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2010 8:23:08 PM
Author: hmr_mama
I''m sure you''ve seen it....but this one''s a beauty. Nice price too.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7123/
Yes, it is nice! But I am upgrading and so must stick with my vendor, BGD. I am also a little gun shy of SI2s now.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2010 8:09:35 PM
Author: dreamer_d
So you are right, 1.5 is not all that bigger than 1.25!
Did you try on a 1.6? That will make a difference! If you compared an unset stone to a set one, the difference won't be as obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results