shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Mara, how about this for your NEXT upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
(I''m not sure you should show your DH just yet
2.gif
)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2323678.htm#

11.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!

I can just see it now ...

Wine & tape recorder in hand ...

Sweet nothing''s being whispered ...

Greg passing out onto floor ...

Mara putting on white nutso crazy jacket on Greg before he wakes up!!!

Mara sitting on veranda bench swing admiring her 5+ boulder as the sun is setting!

6.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOL LOL LOL Mrs Darlin Joy you crack me up!!!
emteeth.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Looks to be really eye-clean too from the AGS report and the IS yum!
30.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Mara''a one smart cookie!
9.gif

She''s got determination!
36.gif

I am starting to take notes ... my baby J wants to grow up ... need to start thinking ahead ''ya know!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!!! Wow only 80k...that will only take another year or two! AS IF.

Ms Darlin Joy you sure are a creative thinker...
31.gif

That looks like a stunning stone, wowsers! Gosh, that is the *ultimate* upgrade, even better than the 7c G VS which is too expensive for my blood.
9.gif

So think Greg would be mad if I tapped into our line of credit to buy it?
11.gif
12.gif
You guys would come to my funeral right???

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I do like that IS...
18.gif

He he maybe we ought to all chip in for that one when she hits 1,000,000 posts!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
How long til shrinkage sets in on that honker?
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh ladies, that hunnie has my name on it! But I hope Mara isn;t too upset, I bought something to console her......
9.gif

lmpie.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know someone that has a five carat solitaire. It is very eye clean with nice color and is a very sparkly stone! It is in a simple tiffany setting with a plain 2 mm band . It was simply too big - too big to be believed - and too big to be pretty. She didn''t wear it real often for that reason. Her husband had found the stone and bought it for her thinking she would be thrilled. She wasn''t but was one of those kinds of wives that would never say anything negative. She had a marquise stone - not big and not lovely unfortunately - but next to that honker it was much preferable. Up until that point, I never thought any diamond could be too big. I was wrong - at least for me anyhoo!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
TOO BIG???? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee I'll take it!! Sharon, I will need like 1000 pies to console me, not just one sweetie!!

One of my clients has about a 9 carat solitaire ring, it's an older round brilliant cut but doesn't look quite like an OEC...it belonged to her grandmother and it is SOOOO friggin huge that it hangs off her finger. It's not that sparkly. I thought for sure it was a CZ but when I saw her every time and she had it on finally I was like oh is that your ring to try to get her to talk about it! She doesn't even know much about it, just that it belonged to her grandmother. Can you imagine?? It's so big that you think it has to be fake, esp since she is super unassuming and casual about things, not fancy at all! The funny thing is she is European and she is like Americans are so material about this kind of thing, everyone is always asking me about it...hahaha.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a real shame when a stone is so big it just screams gaudy. Maybe in Hollywood you could pull it off but even then there are limits. I think I would rather have a nice ring and some other diamond jewelry as to have one big golfball rock. I know that is not acceptable here but. . . .

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I got to try on a 6ct asscher with 2cts worth of trillion sidestones. It was really fun but I can''t even imagine wearing something like that on a daily basis. I don''t think I would even be able to use my left hand! I sure wouldn''t mind trying on that ACA though
18.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 8:08:45 PM
Author: indecisive
I got to try on a 6ct asscher with 2cts worth of trillion sidestones. It was really fun but I can''t even imagine wearing something like that on a daily basis. I don''t think I would even be able to use my left hand! I sure wouldn''t mind trying on that ACA though
18.gif
Lucky!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t know HOW BIG a diamond would have to be for me to think it is TOO BIG!!!! How SICK is THAT! I don''t think I''d care if it was so top-heavy that it rolled over to the side every second, or if it looked like a door knob, as long as it was a well-cut stone that sparkled!!!

I mean, think of the DSS. It doesn''t stop just because your rock is 5 or 6 or 9 or 10 carats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zip it Lynn!!!
39.gif

I'd like to THINK that a 5c stone would be big enough for US...stop bursting my bubble!!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe - I would like to wear that puppy for a while to see if it COULD shrink!
11.gif
Yummeth
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Miss Canuk - that'd better be LEMON under that meringue! Did you know that is Mara's favouritest pie?
41.gif
face20.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Um.....ok.

When you can NO LONGER SEE YOUR OWN KNUCKLE past the honking rock (without cheating by looking into a mirror)........it's officially "shrinkage-proof". LOL
9.gif
11.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 7:49:45 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
It''s a real shame when a stone is so big it just screams gaudy. Maybe in Hollywood you could pull it off but even then there are limits. I think I would rather have a nice ring and some other diamond jewelry as to have one big golfball rock. I know that is not acceptable here but. . . .

You know, I agree with you. That is way too big, at least for a RB stone. Other shapes, like ECs or radients, can be 5 carats without being gaudy. A five carat RB, princess, marquise or pear would look like something out of a gum ball machine, IMO, or a cartoon. Although I liked that one that Gary posted (I think it was nine carats) I didn''t like it much as a ring. Maybe as a pendant??? I don''t know, but to me there is such a thing as too big.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
5c is SOO not too big!! Having tried on the 7c stunner at WF, that maybe would be overkill but how sad is it that it did not even cover my WHOLE finger??? So 5c is nothing on a size 6 finger unfortunately. Lynn get the straightjacket ready.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 12:46:13 PM
Author: Mara

Lynn get the straightjacket ready.
It is, girlfriend. I have three already all nicely lined up; one for me, one for you and one for Dem!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that it depends on the diamond and the setting. I too got to try on several above 3 carats in Florida when we were on vacation. The asschers were good. I think I tried on something else but I don''t remember what it was. I could go with a 5 carat but hubby liked the 4 carat. I guess I could settle for four. ( I wear about a 4.5-5.0).

It''s funny though because when we were first shopping for rings, he thought anything bigger than 1.5 was too big for me. I am amazed at how he has experienced shrinkage too since meeting me.
I wanted a 3 stone ring and I bought a really nice CZ and he told me he wanted me to take it back. He wanted me to have the real thing. Isn''t he a sweetie? NOT NOW of course.

I can''t wait until May when we go back to Florida and I can visit the store with the huge rocks for me to try!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2006 8:54:03 PM
Author: Lynn B
I honestly don''t know HOW BIG a diamond would have to be for me to think it is TOO BIG!!!! How SICK is THAT! I don''t think I''d care if it was so top-heavy that it rolled over to the side every second, or if it looked like a door knob, as long as it was a well-cut stone that sparkled!!!

I mean, think of the DSS. It doesn''t stop just because your rock is 5 or 6 or 9 or 10 carats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
My dear Lynn......you simply crack me up!!
31.gif

There''s a local jewelry store and one of the ladies there (we call her "Mother") has a diamond ring that is over 5 carats. It''s the single largest stone I''ve seen on someone''s hand in person. It''s stunning to say the least. And honestly, it does not look too big on her finger.

I say......... "If you can afford the price of admission, the ride will surely be a blast!!"

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2006 12:46:13 PM
Author: Mara
5c is SOO not too big!! Having tried on the 7c stunner at WF, that maybe would be overkill but how sad is it that it did not even cover my WHOLE finger??? So 5c is nothing on a size 6 finger unfortunately. Lynn get the straightjacket ready.
Mara
yep!!! that''s the one.
2.gif
5ct rb on a size 6 finger,max according to the "basic rule"
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results