shape
carat
color
clarity

Hermes kelly bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi! all
I am fan of kelly bag,
is there anybody correct hermes''s kelly bag?
if so, please tell the color !

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Hermes Birkin bag which is very similar to the Kelly bag. I rarely wear it because it is the most impractical bag i own.
It has no outside pocket and the hardware is so hard to open and close that most people wear them open. To me that looks sloppy. There was a recent article in the New York Times about how impractical this bag is. The reporter stood on a corner of Madison Avenue and counted 16 women wearing them,15 were wearing them open.
Furthermore just about everyone has copied these Hermes styles and even the street vendors have them in plastic.
I think they are horribly overpriced and hyped. There is a 5 year wait for a Birkin but you can get these "bargains" on Ebay. I received mine as a gift because i would never have spent so much on a bag. You can get a nice diamond for the price of these bags. Black, and Blue Denim leather seem to be very popular now.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I also have the Hermes Birkin (Rouge Vif / Togo leather). I love my bag and I carry it often as I find the size to be perfect for absolutely everything . I tuck the front flap inside and I lock down the side straps so that I can "dig around" without opening and closing the lock (which is just for show).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you are investing in them pick colors you will USE. It is not a question of right but of personal taste. I own a black Kelly and a burgundy (rouge hermes) Birkin. The blue jean with palladium hardware is very popular for the Birkin currently. I also think you cannot go wrong with black, tan, chocolate brown, burgundy...all classics. Try to think about what colors your wardrobe consists of...I have a friend who has a bright yellow Kelly and a hot pink one...but I tend to be more of a classics type. I think to invest thousands on a bag and do it in a trendy color that you may not like later on is silly. This is a bag that literally can be in style for ever...if you want to do fun colors do a Mark Jacobs or something that is not so pricey!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi! all,
1.gif

thank you very much for post !
2.gif

I love Birkin style than kelly
I have black Birkin but it''s too heavy and bit too big for me ( I am 5.2 )
so I only use for driving trip for clothe''s.
so end up I don''t use for casual...

I have black (28cm hard stetch and soft stetch )and Burgundy ( 28cm inside stetch ) too!!
same as diamondfan.

my DH is going to paris as bisiness trip so I am thinking to ask him to order the soft stetch type call kelly Mu??
but can''t decide the color .maybe beige might be good
most my clothe''s is black.

have you ever seen the soft type kelly ( I think it''s called kelly mu ???)
what do you think?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the kelly comes rigid and supple. I do not know about any other way. I think camel is pretty (beige) but I know also they retire colors and then re introduce them. they also have wait lists, so you have to be lucky and maybe show up at the store when they are unpacking one. they almost never make it out to the floor. good luck...

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi!! Diamondfan
I belive it''s might be more easy if people go to the at paris shop
I was told about 5 years waiting for the Birkin and 2years for kelly ( was told SF boutique and Tokyo too )
but I was told about it''s takes 6-8 month at hermes paris.

however it''s only took 2- 3 month when I recived my birkin and kelly ( black hard stetch one)
via air mail . ( need to pay custum tax)

so I am hoping to get it about less than year....
keeping cross finger
1.gif

I decided to order beige one. I guess beige would go match with black clothe''s.
thank you very much for your advice
2.gif

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your Hermes bag order!

I love the Kelly and Birkin bags and find it hard to carry anything else because the Hermes bags are so classic and well-crafted. Besides diamonds and jewelry, Hermes is another dangerous obession.

28.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2005 9:34:13 PM
Author: taitai_s
Congratulations on your Hermes bag order!

I love the Kelly and Birkin bags and find it hard to carry anything else because the Hermes bags are so classic and well-crafted. Besides diamonds and jewelry, Hermes is another dangerous obession.

28.gif
taitai ! you are 100% right ! now I am wondering that how often do I use it???
because I haven''t carry the kelley''s aften at all...
that''s the why I did order the new kelly mou.....
maybe I should have bought something Jewelry
I can make cancel so I am going to think well

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

I have a Kelly and I definitely do use it, but the bag, due to its closure has some defnite pros and cons. First, it can''t fit notebooks, reports, etc. that I need for work. However, I do like to use the bag on the weekends with its shoulder strap, just for the flexibility.

But you have to go with what works for you!

26.gif

taitai_s

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
A kelly or birkin is a forever thing. I do not know what jewelry you would buy in it''s place, but I say get the bag now and get the other item LATER! Ha Ha. Seriously, though, unless you are doing an exotic skin, to me, the price of the bag is not going to get you a MAJOR item of jewelry, so just get the bag is you can!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results