shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is what I’m getting for Christmas, how about you?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH asked me what I want for Christmas the other day, I did my usual searches through Etsy and RubyLane. Then I remembered that I’m getting the ring I sent to Grace back since it didn’t sell. Since I have to pay the consignment fees, I’m having her resize it and making that my Christmas present. It was originally bought on my birthday but it is a long ring and I’m not blessed with long fingers, I’m going to give it a shot, maybe it will become a daily driver right hand ring.

Anyone else started the search for the upcoming holidays? Maybe you have something on layaway that will be paid by then. Share a story or picture, or both!

97C1EB98-DCEE-46B7-801E-494345EF64BE.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring! Glad you are keeping her. Please post a finger shot when you get her back (and no finger length judgement from me-I have short fingers ;p)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring! Glad you are keeping her. Please post a finger shot when you get her back (and no finger length judgement from me-I have short fingers ;p)

Thanks! I found this in a local shop and went back the next day to buy because it was so special and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Will post a picture for sure and thanks for the encouraging words!

Anything on your radar for the holiday season? I mean, you have an outstanding collection as is but there is always room for more ;-)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I found this in a local shop and went back the next day to buy because it was so special and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Will post a picture for sure and thanks for the encouraging words!

Anything on your radar for the holiday season? I mean, you have an outstanding collection as is but there is always room for more ;-)

Nothing on the radar...yet. I just got that Edwardian ring which was technically my early bday/ Xmas present. I'm trying hard to be disciplined and keep to FRTRTA.

If I find something, I will definitely post it here!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma it is such a struggle to stay on track, there is so much good stuff out there!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy myself presents all the time, so nothing special for the festive period as such! :lol-2:

Still waiting for the final bill, excluding import and custom charges, for the OEC ring Ivy and Rose is making for me.

In addition, I am paying off the large blue-green Tourmaline from Jeff W.

So the piggy bank is empty for next couple of months!

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168, well goodies on the way anyways and I saw your post about the tourmaline and it sounds epic, can’t wait to see it!

@kgizo, thank you! I have to size this up quite a bit just to wear it on my ring finger, this is the plight of loving antique rings and having big fingers! It will probably work it is just completely different than rings I usually wear and will take some getting used to.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
DH asked me what I want for Christmas the other day, I did my usual searches through Etsy and RubyLane. Then I remembered that I’m getting the ring I sent to Grace back since it didn’t sell. Since I have to pay the consignment fees, I’m having her resize it and making that my Christmas present. It was originally bought on my birthday but it is a long ring and I’m not blessed with long fingers, I’m going to give it a shot, maybe it will become a daily driver right hand ring.

Anyone else started the search for the upcoming holidays? Maybe you have something on layaway that will be paid by then. Share a story or picture, or both!

I love this ring too. But just a quick question - you have to pay consignment fees even if the item doesn't sell?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Nothing on the radar...yet. I just got that Edwardian ring which was technically my early bday/ Xmas present. I'm trying hard to be disciplined and keep to FRTRTA.

If I find something, I will definitely post it here!

I cannot decipher that acronym! lol

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I usually don't get presents for anything so it's quite a kurfuffle for me that I have two this year! My PC monitor was five/six years old and starting to glitch/had burn in. So, I picked up an OLED monitor and Iove it. A jewel of a screen!
The second is the double head snake band from Ooza with the birthstones of both of my kids as eyes that I've mentioned every so often, off and on, for a few years. That should be here in a week or so.
It's the biggest present haul in years. Just for me!8-)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I usually don't get presents for anything so it's quite a kurfuffle for me that I have two this year! My PC monitor was five/six years old and starting to glitch/had burn in. So, I picked up an OLED monitor and Iove it. A jewel of a screen!
The second is the double head snake band from Ooza with the birthstones of both of my kids as eyes that I've mentioned every so often, off and on, for a few years. That should be here in a week or so.
It's the biggest present haul in years. Just for me!8-)

Oh boy cannot wait to see the snake - you know I am a fan!
Also I don't have an answer to this question @YadaYadaYada I buy myself stuff all the time lol.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring too. But just a quick question - you have to pay consignment fees even if the item doesn't sell?

With Jewels by Grace, yes. I knew this going in but figured I would try it one time. I wouldn’t go this route again though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apart from the OEC ring by I&R, I am still waiting for my JW Aqua and Morganite ring, a replacement Greek key bracelet for the costume/LGD one that I had mis-placed, plus some other bits and pieces such as new earring drops etc...

Therefore, I can't really justify spending more on blings, as I need to save up to have some spare dosh to spend when I am in Tucson/Arizona early next year.

DK :))

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring too!! My fingers aren’t long at all, they are on the short side of average, I think. I was a bit nervous about the size of my pear dinner/shield ring but I’ve managed to make it work… or at least have convinced myself that it works :lol:

I also buy stuff for myself all the time and all of my jewelry purchases since my original ER have been bought by myself. I have had so many projects this year that I really should not be spending any more money on bling (not that I have any fun bling money left lol). I do have 2 projects currently in the works and I am hoping that one of them will be completed by the end of the year and I’ll consider that my Christmas present lol. The other one, I was already told by the vendor that it won’t be completed in 2022 :cry2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Muluver, thanks for sharing about your shield ring, this gives me hope that I can make this ring work :)

Fingers crossed for your one project to be completed by the end of the year. It’s always a crapshoot with custom projects, they seem to take forever, it’s so hard to wait!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

What a gorgeous ring! If you don’t like it as a ring, what about a pendant conversion? Or rotating E-W and creating a baller bangle or bracelet?

No bling this year for the holidays after the HG upgrade this year, but we’ll be spending a few days in Key West sans toddler for a little babymoon.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that ring but I am biased (see avatar)! Post finger shots when you get it back. I have nothing in store this Christmas since I may have to replace my Furnace. :(2 Can't wait to see what others are receiving!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I can't mention fully what mine was in here but I did receive it already and am wearing it. I'm lucky enough to still receive small presents from my dad a couple times a year so I was like how about this 75 dollar sterling silver mother's pendant. And he was like good price! Yes!

So I ordered it several weeks ago since the small metal smith takes her time (rightly) on her work so it would come by or before Christmas. And it came a few days ago and I adore it.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
@YadaYadaYada Your ring is so pretty!! I love long rings on the middle finger and I actually found that they make the finger looks more elongated.

I started my search a few weeks back and had my eye on a ruby and diamond cluster ring (I made a post on the CS forum about it). Sadly the ring sold (or the vendor pulled the listing) despite agreeing to put it on hold for me. So the search continues... Contemplating this one right now:
1668040284913.png 1668040262556.png
Georgian silver-topped gold OMC band! twice the price of the ruby ring but oh so pretty :cry2:

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cloud_less, that ring is amazing! Wow, well I’m sorry you missed out on the cluster but this ring is no slouch!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update, I was told that my ring could be mailed out this past Monday and was checking PayPal regularly for the invoice for the cancellation fee. Then an email arrived Tuesday that the staff is at a show and could it be mailed back to me next week….

So that is disappointing to say the least, I mean, don’t tell me you can send it and then not come through.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No ring yet however the invoice finally got sent to me yesterday and I paid it last night.

Good thing I wasn’t in a hurry to get this ring back!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
No bling this year for the holidays after the HG upgrade this year, but we’ll be spending a few days in Key West sans toddler for a little babymoon.

I spoke too soon! Hubs got a major bonus this year and Ill be getting this from a Black Friday sale. It’s going to go on my pointer finger since I already have so many other rings sized for my middle finger

So excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results